Draft Sam Darnold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Sam Darnold

I came down to Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield vs Allen vs Rosen.

Rosen compares to Eli Manning, Allen is similar to Rivers , Darnold is similar to Big Ben , Baker Mayfield is similar to Drew Brees.

I just think Darnold = Big ben is the best option in the cold weather. I dont doubt his ability to throw with a high completion percentage and hit targets, not his issue. He will make some mistakes, but he is a capable player in the wind given his big arm. If you watched his game vs Ohio St, he was not the issue. He made a lot of drives deep into Ohio St territory and his line couldn't block Bosa. We could address offensive line in free agency .

Josh Allen is similar to Rothlisberger.

Comment

must be drunk...rosen as Eli??? allen as rivers??darnold as Ben???mayfeld as breeze?? why dont you just read their scout reports and see what the experts compare them to, its their job and there professionals

Comment

Barring any major changes from the combine I think the Browns draft Darnold since Rosen has gone on record saying he doesn't want to play in Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by experto View Post

Rosen compares to Eli Manning, Allen is similar to Rivers , Darnold is similar to Big Ben , Baker Mayfield is similar to Drew Brees.

I just think Darnold = Big ben is the best option in the cold weather. I dont doubt his ability to throw with a high completion percentage and hit targets, not his issue. He will make some mistakes, but he is a capable player in the wind given his big arm. If you watched his game vs Ohio St, he was not the issue. He made a lot of drives deep into Ohio St territory and his line couldn't block Bosa. We could address offensive line in free agency .
          Yeah no. Darnold looks like Eli, kid has heart but turnover prone. Allen is more Roethlisberger to me. Mayfield is more Manziel than Brees. Rosen, I'm having trouble with comps. I like what I see on the field, concussions and health in general worry me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post
            Barring any major changes from the combine I think the Browns draft Darnold since Rosen has gone on record saying he doesn't want to play in Cleveland.
            haha...makes so much sense....another Eli/rivers trade...that would be so awesome

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

Yeah no. Darnold looks like Eli, kid has heart but turnover prone. Allen is more Roethlisberger to me. Mayfield is more Manziel than Brees. Rosen, I'm having trouble with comps. I like what I see on the field, concussions and health in general worry me.
              allen is NOT anywhere close to Roethlisberger...he is compared to andrew luck.....luck is trash and no where close to Roethlisberger.

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post

allen is NOT anywhere close to Roethlisberger...he is compared to andrew luck.....luck is trash and no where close to Roethlisberger.
                Luck is trash. Really? He was the highest rated qb coming out of college since Elway. Yeah, he's been hurt in the pros but you can't use hindsight like that. Nobody wanted Watson (went 12). Maholms went 10th and Trubisky 2nd and everyone was shocked with that pick. Rosen, Darnold and Allen will got Top 10. Book it.

Comment

Luck is trash. Really? He was the highest rated qb coming out of college since Elway. Yeah, he's been hurt in the pros but you can't use hindsight like that. Nobody wanted Watson (went 12). Maholms went 10th and Trubisky 2nd and everyone was shocked with that pick. Rosen, Darnold and Allen will got Top 10. Book it.
                  idk what you saw in luck but I knew day one he was trash....TRASH....he hasnt proved me wrong since he been in the nfl and never will...I bet my life on that

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post

idk what you saw in luck but I knew day one he was trash....TRASH....he hasnt proved me wrong since he been in the nfl and never will...I bet my life on that
                    That's cool. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that wasn't the consensus but you know how that works. People were divided on Peyton/Leaf and we know how that went. For the record I liked Watson a lot 'weak arm' be darned.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post
                      Browns will take Rosen to force a trade. That's what smart GM would do

Long Live the King

Comment

Rosen, I'm having trouble with comps.
                        He reminds me the most of Matt Ryan. Accurate, good mechanics, stands tall in the pocket, and throws a nice spiral and can get it into tight places. But he also strikes me as a guy who needs things working well around him to be successful in the NFL. He's not someone like Russell Wilson who can make something out of nothing.

Rosen to me is the best prospect. He is the most ready for the NFL right now, and he has the lowest bust rate of any of these guys in my view. At worst he'll be a mid level NFL starter in my opinion. The biggest worry is the health stuff. I think a lot of the intangibles stuff is overblown. I don't see it being a huge problem, but I could be wrong.

Comment

I don't think Luck is trash, but I also don't think he was anywhere near as good as he was hyped up to be even before he got hurt. His career numbers suggest he is closer to Matt Stafford than to someone like an Aaron Rodgers, which is absolutely what people thought he was going to be. You can't blame the whole thing on injuries. His best season was 2014. No question he was very good that year, but he was not special in the way that a Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, or even Ben have been in their best seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by experto View Post

None of them are comparable to the 04 class and Brees . Now if you want to compare them to the 07 or 13 classes . That would be more realistic.
                            Last edited by TEM; 01-07-2018, 10:42 AM.
                            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

He reminds me the most of Matt Ryan. Accurate, good mechanics, stands tall in the pocket, and throws a nice spiral and can get it into tight places. But he also strikes me as a guy who needs things working well around him to be successful in the NFL. He's not someone like Russell Wilson who can make something out of nothing.

Rosen to me is the best prospect. He is the most ready for the NFL right now, and he has the lowest bust rate of any of these guys in my view. At worst he'll be a mid level NFL starter in my opinion. The biggest worry is the health stuff. I think a lot of the intangibles stuff is overblown. I don't see it being a huge problem, but I could be wrong.
                              Well said. Another and a Big flag with Rosen . In 16 UCLA ran a Pro Style offense ( 11 personnel). It failed miserably, fired their OC. This year went back to the Air Raid ( 20 personnel) and had success. Can he play in a pro style format?
                              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Working...
                              X