Draft Sam Darnold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by experto View Post
    I came down to Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield vs Allen vs Rosen.

Rosen compares to Eli Manning, Allen is similar to Rivers , Darnold is similar to Big Ben , Baker Mayfield is similar to Drew Brees.

I just think Darnold = Big ben is the best option in the cold weather. I dont doubt his ability to throw with a high completion percentage and hit targets, not his issue. He will make some mistakes, but he is a capable player in the wind given his big arm. If you watched his game vs Ohio St, he was not the issue. He made a lot of drives deep into Ohio St territory and his line couldn't block Bosa. We could address offensive line in free agency .
    What about Rudolph and Jackson??
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

What about Rudolph and Jackson??
      with his logic he will say, Rudolph = Rodgers, Jackson = Brady

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Browns will take Rosen to force a trade. That's what smart GM would do
        A smart GM would make the deal before the pick . They have no leverage to force anything. If you were Gettelmen Would you do this deal?
        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

A smart GM would make the deal before the pick . They have no leverage to force anything. If you were Gettelmen Would you do this deal?
          screw it, then let browns take a QB who doesnt want to play for them and see how that turns out... giants may have leverage....unfortunately for rosen he doesnt have a HOF dad that played for nfl so he cant force it himself unlike our spoiled brat Eli. Really like Rosen though, the most polished QB in the draft and I feel like we are going to get him, this is the same feeling I had before we traded for eli

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post

screw it, then let browns take a QB who doesnt want to play for them and see how that turns out... giants may have leverage....unfortunately for rosen he doesnt have a HOF dad that played for nfl so he cant force it himself unlike our spoiled brat Eli. Really like Rosen though, the most polished QB in the draft and I feel like we are going to get him, this is the same feeling I had before we traded for eli
            Don't use the tinfoil hat argument. The Giants wanted Eli it panned out with 2 rings. Rosen is a concussion waiting to happen. Never ever waste a pick let alone multiple on a player that is one concussion away from not playing again.
            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

Yeah no. Darnold looks like Eli, kid has heart but turnover prone. Allen is more Roethlisberger to me. Mayfield is more Manziel than Brees. Rosen, I'm having trouble with comps. I like what I see on the field, concussions and health in general worry me.
              People have said Rosen is a better Matt Ryan. Aaron Rodgers type arm without the mobility. Pure passing, Rosen is head and shoulders better than anyone to come out in a long time.

I just don't like the fact he has gotten 2 concussions. Do we want a guy that can miss a month the next time he gets sacked?

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post

LOL When did Archie Manning get into the hall of fame?He was nothing more than a mediocre quarterback.Get your facts straight.

Comment

I don’t want any of them. I just get that “must have” feeling for any of these QBs

Comment

Originally posted by Roundabout View Post

LOL When did Archie Manning get into the hall of fame?He was nothing more than a mediocre quarterback.Get your facts straight.
                    Get YOUR facts straight...Archie Manning was much better than mediocre

Comment

Originally posted by Roundabout View Post

that post and only reply to one sentence? that wasnt the point of the post...get your mind str8

Comment

At this point, I'm fine with either Rosen or Darnold at #2. Eli is gonna start next year anyway.

Comment

Why is everyone so enamored with Allen? He had 1800 yards passing, 16TD's and 6 INT's this season. In the 2-3 games he played respectable teams, he flopped. Hardly seems impressive.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

People have said Rosen is a better Matt Ryan. Aaron Rodgers type arm without the mobility. Pure passing, Rosen is head and shoulders better than anyone to come out in a long time.

I just don't like the fact he has gotten 2 concussions. Do we want a guy that can miss a month the next time he gets sacked?
                            Rosen looks awesome to me but agree with the concussions, the 'love for the game' thing I keep hearing, it doesn't bother me much, I've seen coaches and teammates speaking highly of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

He reminds me the most of Matt Ryan. Accurate, good mechanics, stands tall in the pocket, and throws a nice spiral and can get it into tight places. But he also strikes me as a guy who needs things working well around him to be successful in the NFL. He's not someone like Russell Wilson who can make something out of nothing.

Rosen to me is the best prospect. He is the most ready for the NFL right now, and he has the lowest bust rate of any of these guys in my view. At worst he'll be a mid level NFL starter in my opinion. The biggest worry is the health stuff. I think a lot of the intangibles stuff is overblown. I don't see it being a huge problem, but I could be wrong.
                              Matt Ryan fits, definately not a scrambler and agree too that health is scarier than the people calling him out for intangibles.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Chargers picked Eli. History disagrees
                                Long Live the King

Comment

Working...
                                X