Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christian McCaffrey was not worth a top 10 pick.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian McCaffrey was not worth a top 10 pick.

Gettleman basically drafted a slot WR masquerading as a RB at the 8th pick in the first round. If Reese did that, we would lose our minds. And I'm no Reese fan.

Yet they are playing and we are not. It proves one thing Dave can build a playoff team.
    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
      Yet they are playing and we are not. It proves one thing Dave can build a playoff team.
      I don't know what that has to do with choosing McCaffrey at the 8th pick in the first round. We made the playoffs last year and we all think Eli Apple was an awful pick at 10th in the first round. All I'm saying is if Reese chose a slot WR and a scat back with his first two draft picks, he wouldn't hear the end of it, and rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

I don't know what that has to do with choosing McCaffrey at the 8th pick in the first round. We made the playoffs last year and we all think Eli Apple was an awful pick at 10th in the first round. All I'm saying is if Reese chose a slot WR and a scat back with his first two draft picks, he wouldn't hear the end of it, and rightfully so.
        The picked him and they are in the playoffs , they we not last year. It looks like the pick helped improve the team.
        The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

The picked him and they are in the playoffs , they we not last year. It looks like the pick helped improve the team.
          If you say so. I hardly think he's a big reason their in the playoffs. More like they didn't make the playoffs last year do to Gettleman getting rid of Josh Norman. He drafted three CBs in 2016 and he hit with Bradberry. And Cam had a really bad season in 2016. Let's not forget these guys were 15-1 when Cam was the MVP of the year.

Comment

If you say so. I hardly think he's a big reason their in the playoffs. More like they didn't make the playoffs last year do to Gettleman getting rid of Josh Norman. He drafted three CBs in 2016 and he hit with Bradberry. And Cam had a really bad season in 2016. Let's not forget these guys were 15-1 when Cam was the MVP of the year.
            So they did not make the playoffs last year because of Norman. Last I looked he is still not on the team.

Comment

He was an integral part of their offense this year. They don't make the playoffs if he's not on the team.

Comment

So they did not make the playoffs last year because of Norman. Last I looked he is still not on the team.
                You don't think the fact that their secondary and especially Bradberry playing better is the reason their in the playoffs? Or the fact that Cam Newton had improved his completion rate from 52.9% to 59% or that he improved from 4.0 a carry to 5.4 carry is the reason their in the playoffs? So you would like me to think that a guy that averaged 3.7 a carry for 435 yards is the reason their in the playoffs? Let's not forget his amazing 651 yards receiving. He's the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                  He was an integral part of their offense this year. They don't make the playoffs if he's not on the team.
                  3.7 a carry for 435 yards and 651 yards receiving for a top 8th pick is an integral part of their offense? Nothing about his numbers are special especially for a top 8 pick.

Comment

You don't think the fact that their secondary and especially Bradberry playing better is the reason their in the playoffs? Or the fact that Cam Newton had improved his completion rate from 52.9% to 59% or that he improved from 4.0 a carry to 5.4 carry is the reason their in the playoffs? So you would like me to think that a guy that averaged 3.7 a carry for 435 yards is the reason their in the playoffs? Let's not forget his amazing 651 yards receiving. He's the reason?
                    I am not denying any of that . My point has been ans still is; McCaffrey improved this team and contributed to the playoff birth

Comment

I am not denying any of that . My point has been ans still is; McCaffrey improved this team and contributed to the playoff birth
                      You can say the same thing with Eli Apple when we made the playoffs last season. He improved the secondary compared to the season before but he's not the reason we made the playoffs. Like I said the fact that Cam Newton had a very bad year and the fact they had a better year against the pass and stopping the run is the reason their in the playoffs. Carolina is all about Cam Newton being a duel threat and they live or die with their defense.

Comment

You can say the same thing with Eli Apple when we made the playoffs last season. He improved the secondary compared to the season before but he's not the reason we made the playoffs. Like I said the fact that Cam Newton had a very bad year and the fact they had a better year against the pass and stopping the run is the reason their in the playoffs. Carolina is all about Cam Newton being a duel threat and they live or die with their defense.
                        You can with Apple and he did contribute to the 11-5 season .

Comment

was going to say I agree but as I am writing this he just scored a long TD. He is a good offensive weapon but idk about him and his 3ypc as a lead back.

Comment

You can with Apple and he did contribute to the 11-5 season .
                            I'm pretty sure every draft pick contribute to the team's success. Contributing to make the playoffs and being the reason they made the playoffs is two different things. Like I said you and everyone on here including myself would go ape **** if we drafted a glorified slot WR with our top 8th pick. You can't compare him to Alvin Kamara who was selected in the 3rd round.

Comment

He sucks 56yd td play. Fire Gettlemen now.

Comment

Working...
                              X