Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMH: Giants 2016 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SMH: Giants 2016 Draft

    Not only did we absolutely bust in the 1st round with Apple, but we passed on Michael Thomas and took Shepard.

    Although Shepard is not a bust, Michael Thomas is outperforming even Odell's numbers, setting an NFL record for most catches in a wr's 1st two seasons.

    What's even more disappointing about not drafting him, Michael Thomas is a humble class act who doesn't bring any of the diva me me me drama attitude that odell has splattered all over the giants. MT is a team-first guy and also arguably better than odell.

  • #2
    who knew? noone can get every pick of every draft right...noone... there is always a case of another better talent for almost every pick in every draft.... it is an imperfect science done with imperfect information/intelligence...but yeah M thomas looks good out there.... i wouldn't say he better than OBJ though other than some statistics. Shep was also highly rated in that draft...but yeah thomas was rated higher, so i do see your point.
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-07-2018, 06:40 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      mike thomas is not better than Beckham slow down

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GMenNY21 View Post
        mike thomas is not better than Beckham slow down
        He set the NFL record for most catches in his first two seasons, which was better than what odell did. That's definitely a good ice breaker to start that conversation. I feel your case for odb being better is solely based on athleticism. Jerry Rice was less of an athlete than odb but easily considered a better wr. So if MT continues to outperform odb on the field, then I fail to see your logic.

        Comment


        • #5
          OBJ has him beat in Yardage and TDs with 6 games less.
          There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TEM View Post
            OBJ has him beat in Yardage and TDs with 6 games less.
            Who would you rather have on your team, considering the questionable cancer odb is? With MT you don't have any boat trips or on field tantrums. No me me me.

            If we are going to talk about who's better, lets consider all the intangibles.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post

              Who would you rather have on your team, considering the questionable cancer odb is? With MT you don't have any boat trips or on field tantrums. No me me me.

              If we are going to talk about who's better, lets consider all the intangibles.
              I do not even have to consider it. I will take OBJ .

              What does cancer actually mean when it pertains to a football team? I hear it used in a metaphorical description . I still fail to see the correlation between OBJ and a cancerous tumor.
              There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                Not only did we absolutely bust in the 1st round with Apple, but we passed on Michael Thomas and took Shepard.

                Although Shepard is not a bust, Michael Thomas is outperforming even Odell's numbers, setting an NFL record for most catches in a wr's 1st two seasons.

                What's even more disappointing about not drafting him, Michael Thomas is a humble class act who doesn't bring any of the diva me me me drama attitude that odell has splattered all over the giants. MT is a team-first guy and also arguably better than odell.
                you have to remember not only doe he play in a dome 9 out of 16 games counting the they play the falcons indoors,but the saints are a vertical offense with all the tools to make it work,they fixed there OL so the run game is good ,they have plenty of weapons,just the way it goes some times Shep will be fine with OBJ and engram and hopefully a run game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You're only looking at stats. He has a great coach. Imagine what Odell would do with Payton as his coach. Shep is fine

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TEM View Post

                    I do not even have to consider it. I will take OBJ .

                    What does cancer actually mean when it pertains to a football team? I hear it used in a metaphorical description . I still fail to see the correlation between OBJ and a cancerous tumor.
                    A cancer is someone who causes distractions and craves attention. Someone who puts themselves ahead of the team. Someone who demands the ball instead of wishing it to go to whoever is open. A cancer will continue to do whichever td celebrations they wish, disregarding the fact it creates penalties for the team. Someone who is not a leader by example and loses control of their emptions during games.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
                      you have to remember not only doe he play in a dome 9 out of 16 games counting the they play the falcons indoors,but the saints are a vertical offense with all the tools to make it work,they fixed there OL so the run game is good ,they have plenty of weapons,just the way it goes some times Shep will be fine with OBJ and engram and hopefully a run game.
                      Good points. Mcadoo hindered this team with his juvenielle offense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                        You're only looking at stats. He has a great coach. Imagine what Odell would do with Payton as his coach. Shep is fine
                        That's def something to consider. As I said in the previous post, Mcadoo stifled the entire team, so yea its something where there was more to be desired.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post

                          Who would you rather have on your team, considering the questionable cancer odb is? With MT you don't have any boat trips or on field tantrums. No me me me.

                          If we are going to talk about who's better, lets consider all the intangibles.
                          If you were a WR, who would you prefer your QB to be, Drew Brees considered one of the best QBs or Eli Manning?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post

                            A cancer is someone who causes distractions and craves attention. Someone who puts themselves ahead of the team. Someone who demands the ball instead of wishing it to go to whoever is open. A cancer will continue to do whichever td celebrations they wish, disregarding the fact it creates penalties for the team. Someone who is not a leader by example and loses control of their emptions during games.
                            And how does that effect the way the rest of the team performs because cancer in the body can do just that? You can call him a cancer or a tyrannosaurus , that is no indication that the description is correct. Is he a diva yes. Does he crave attention yes . Did he go to see a kid with cancer on his death bed yes. Has he ever badmouthed his team mates ever no. Has he ever said one bad thing about the team or the Giants as a whole not once, I still do not see the correlation with him and being a cancer,
                            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

                              If you were a WR, who would you prefer your QB to be, Drew Brees considered one of the best QBs or Eli Manning?
                              Of course I'll be biased and take the two super bowls even though you'll point out the statistical inequalities. Some people love Eli's magic while others dont believe in it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X