SMH: Giants 2016 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post

Of course I'll be biased and take the two super bowls even though you'll point out the statistical inequalities. Some people love Eli's magic while others dont believe in it.
    Eli scored 17 points his first Super Bowl. I guarantee that Dree Brees can put up 17 points as well. We won that first Super Bowl because we held the best offense ever to 14 points, not the fact that we scored 17 points.

Comment

A cancer is someone who causes distractions and craves attention. Someone who puts themselves ahead of the team. Someone who demands the ball instead of wishing it to go to whoever is open. A cancer will continue to do whichever td celebrations they wish, disregarding the fact it creates penalties for the team. Someone who is not a leader by example and loses control of their emptions during games.
      go root for the saints then ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Eli scored 17 points his first Super Bowl. I guarantee that Dree Brees can put up 17 points as well. We won that first Super Bowl because we held the best offense ever to 14 points, not the fact that we scored 17 points.
        I guess don't remember Drew Bree's beating an undefeated team. You don't become undefeated giving up lots of points.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

go root for the saints then ****.
          Hah, go pretend you've liked every giants player ever and none from other teams.

Also continue to ignore that I chose Eli over Brees, which is laughable to most people.

Now please, question my fan-hood again without sounding ignorantly unobservant.

Comment

You're point is invalid based upon the fact that if you're claiming Brees could put up 17pts, then shouldn't that also apply to Brady as well? Because it should, but reality proved Brady didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by nobait4me View Post

I guess don't remember Drew Bree's beating an undefeated team. You don't become undefeated giving up lots of points.
              My point exactly! Drew Brees didn't have a pass rush like ours to hold an undefeated team to 14 points.

Comment

You're point is invalid based upon the fact that if you're claiming Brees could put up 17pts, then shouldn't that also apply to Brady as well? Because it should, but reality proved Brady didn't.
                No. You totally missed my point. Brady wasn't playing against his defense, he was playing against ours. And I refused to give credit to a QB who only scored 17 points. The bigger feat was a defense holding the best offense EVER to 14 points. Drew Brees could of duplicated what Eli did. 17 points is hardly impressive.

Comment

Good points. Mcadoo hindered this team with his juvenielle offense.
                  one bull headed stubborn dude.

Comment

Please, Thomas is not on Beckham's level. Cmon

Comment

No. You totally missed my point. Brady wasn't playing against his defense, he was playing against ours. And I refused to give credit to a QB who only scored 17 points. The bigger feat was a defense holding the best offense EVER to 14 points. Drew Brees could of duplicated what Eli did. 17 points is hardly impressive.
                      Did you not watch that playoff run? Everyone talked about what great football Eli had played the entire playoff run. And would Brees have slid out to make the helmet catch throw?

Comment

Originally posted by Dream88 View Post
                        Please, Thomas is not on Beckham's level. Cmon
                        Odell, that you?

Comment

Odell, that you?
                          Your argument that Thomas was better was literally based solely on the fact that he had more receptions his first 2 years. Beckham played 4 less games and had 400 more yards and 11 more touchdowns than Thomas his first 2 years. Every analyst that covers the game will tell you Odell is a top 3 WR in the league next to AB and Julio. Good try though
                          Last edited by Dream88; 01-08-2018, 03:14 AM.

Comment

I will tell you that I was wrong on Michael Thomas for the most part. I wasn't huge on him when he came out. Nothing really flashed to me or wowed me watching him. Not saying he really does that now, but he's solid as hell.

That being said, I don't see in any way he's better than Odell, nor would I take Thomas over Odell in any way. Don't get me wrong, Thomas has become extremely solid, but Odell is on that rare tier that only AB and Julio can compete with IMO
                            sigpic
                            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                            ________________________________________________________
                            Mock Draft
                            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                            ________________________________________________________
                            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Did you not watch that playoff run? Everyone talked about what great football Eli had played the entire playoff run. And would Brees have slid out to make the helmet catch throw?
                              Yes I did! He had some good games leading up to the Super Bowl but during the season he had 23tds 20ints and a completion rate of 56%. All this when he had a great O-LINE, great running game and very good WRs.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                                I will tell you that I was wrong on Michael Thomas for the most part. I wasn't huge on him when he came out. Nothing really flashed to me or wowed me watching him. Not saying he really does that now, but he's solid as hell.

That being said, I don't see in any way he's better than Odell, nor would I take Thomas over Odell in any way. Don't get me wrong, Thomas has become extremely solid, but Odell is on that rare tier that only AB and Julio can compete with IMO
                                If odell was a class act and a team-first guy, then sure I'd take him over MT. But I think the amount of baggage that comes with odell including his cancerous antics makes me sway in the other direction to wanting MT over him.

Plus MT shows up in the playoffs, he doesn't have his worst game like odell did.

Comment

Working...
                                X