SMH: Giants 2016 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post

He set the NFL record for most catches in his first two seasons, which was better than what odell did. That's definitely a good ice breaker to start that conversation. I feel your case for odb being better is solely based on athleticism. Jerry Rice was less of an athlete than odb but easily considered a better wr. So if MT continues to outperform odb on the field, then I fail to see your logic.
    Thomas has Drew Brees, the most accurate QB of all time. He makes all WRs look better. Odell has Eli....

Comment

Odell had the 2nd greatest 3 year start for a wide receiver ever. Thomas has been really good, but Odell was arguably a top three receiver by the end of his rookie year.

Id argue that Thomas is the 3rd or 4th most important on the Saints offense, while Odell has been the single most important player on our team since his rookie season.

Comment

We get it man, your in love with Michael Thomas.

You are comparing two wide receivers on two totally different offenses.

I still take obj if we had to do it over although MT is still a good wr

Btw, Shepard is not a bust

Pretty hard to get your receivers the ball when the line collapses before Eli can get the ball out
        Last edited by IBleedblue2323; 01-08-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
          We get it man, your in love with Michael Thomas.

You are comparing two wide receivers on two totally different offenses.

I still take obj if we had to do it over although MT is still a good wr

Btw, Shepard is not a bust

Pretty hard to get your receivers the ball when the line collapses before Eli can get the ball out
          I wish you read my OP. I specifically said shep is not a bust. But he is certainly not in MT's league.

Comment

I wish you read my OP. I specifically said shep is not a bust. But he is certainly not in MT's league.
            I would think Shepard would be much better playing on the Saints. How much better? I don't know, but he would be looking much better.

Comment

ODB is an animal and can become the greatest WR of all time. He also has one of the best QB of all time throwing the ball to him.

Comment

Not only did we absolutely bust in the 1st round with Apple, but we passed on Michael Thomas and took Shepard.

Although Shepard is not a bust, Michael Thomas is outperforming even Odell's numbers, setting an NFL record for most catches in a wr's 1st two seasons.

What's even more disappointing about not drafting him, Michael Thomas is a humble class act who doesn't bring any of the diva me me me drama attitude that odell has splattered all over the giants. MT is a team-first guy and also arguably better than odell.
                Isn't hindsight a beautiful thing?
                It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                  ODB is an animal and can become the greatest WR of all time. He also has one of the best QB of all time throwing the ball to him.
                  Gotta agree on that. Odell is absolutely uncoverable.

Definitely the most dynamic WR in the NFL.
                  It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

I would think Shepard would be much better playing on the Saints. How much better? I don't know, but he would be looking much better.
                    The Saints have had sean payton and drew brees since eli was drafted to the giants and everyone seems to see them as a superior team. If you choose to put that much stock into them, explain why they have less super bowls than us. Oh, it was our defense you say? Well then by that rational, why aren't you advocating to trade odell for defensive pieces if the D is the true x factor?

Comment

You are comparing them as if all things are equal and you can just cut and paste a player in another team and everything will translate, you can't and it doesn't. Jerry Reese is not still our GM for a reason, and that is not because he put together a good team; most notably the OL.
                      Odell at his best is capable of running a sub 4.4 40 yard, Michael Thomas runs a 4.55 40 yard, so that means those receptions and yards don't translate behind this OL. He would not have as great of an impact on this team as he has on his own team. You can't teach speed and it is an even more important factor behind a terrible OL. Why don't we compare the players while Odell is inebriated while we're at it?
                      Last edited by FanOfTheGmen; 01-08-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

The Saints have had sean payton and drew brees since eli was drafted to the giants and everyone seems to see them as a superior team. If you choose to put that much stock into them, explain why they have less super bowls than us. Oh, it was our defense you say? Well then by that rational, why aren't you advocating to trade odell for defensive pieces if the D is the true x factor?
                        Ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                        X