Josh Allen film thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

It's only because his coach came from North Dakota State. Wentz was so much more polished in every way. Allen is so utterly raw.
    I agree. Major project.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
      Huge project. Daniel Jeremiah is the first legitimate draft analyst Iíve seen peg him to New York. Mostly because people see him as another Darnold-type(big, strong, escapability) and he played in cold weather. The Giants are seen as a spot because they have a situation where he does not need to play right away (Eli). Seems pretty speculative to me.

Personally I think Darnold is the best fit for he Giants if hey can get him. Donít really see Rosen in the picture for the Giants but what do I know
      Darnold is a Southern California kid who is used to warm weather all year round, he does not interview well at all. He's not the sort of QB you want in the NY media spot light. He comes off as a meat head, or surfer dude. Josh Allen interviews very well. Incredibly bright and articulate kid, played in cold weather, and would fit in the NY media market quite well. I would not be surprised at all if the Giants draft him. He has such huge upside and he seems like a NY Giants sort of player. He's not Rosen, he's not all about himself/selfish, spoiled, etc. Allen has great leadership qualities too. You should hear him in the huddle pumping his teammates up. He has that Carson Wentz leadership and interviewing quality to him. He could sit behind Eli for a year, learn an NFL playbook, learn how to read offensives from an incredible NFL mind (Eli). It is really just a perfect situation for Josh Allen. I'm sure he would say how much he wants to be a Giant. He needs a HOF QB like Manning to teach him.
      Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-11-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Can we stop with this Darnold isn't media savvy nonsense. The kid is like 20 or 21. And have you ever heard Eli on With Mike F on Mondays. The guy stumbles and stammers worse than JD from Stern.

Comment

The more i see of Allen the less i like him.

The more i see of Darnold the more i like him.

I think Darnold sitting for a year, maybe two if we hit playoffs and Eli is playing above par.

Either way. The kid needs to sit. Imo the best players sit and marinate in nfl knowledge and then they go out.

Hard work ethic and DESIRE. Who has it? Who wants nothing else but to be a hall of fame super bowl winner?

Eli and Peyton were bred to be as such. Destined. From birth.

Brady took it with desire. Dude is absurdly driven by desire to be better than Montana.

Who is completely obsessed with beating Brady? I mean OBSESSED.

That's the kid you want.

A lot of signs are pointing to Webb having that desire and mentality. Maybe he just absolutely will need to be better than Eli in his mind. And we know what that would take.

3 championships.

Whichever qb starts after Eli has absurdly huge shoes to fit. How many qb have won two super bowl in spectacular fashion while also making miracle plays during the playoff run. And won multiple sb mvp?

Not ****ing many!

So who will be driven by nothing else but desire to be called a better Giant than Manning?

If i was a gm and a kid came in saying i want to do my best and Eli is his own man and i am my own. I wouldn't want that kid. Regardless of his prospect analysis.

If a kid came in the interview and said i want to be the best Giant quarterback ever. I want it to be undeniable. I want rings. I want Eli himself to say i am better than him.

THAT'S the kid you want.

EVERYONE in this draft and in college big programs has the ability.

Who has the desire to make it happen?

Who will view life as a failure unless he puts up 3 rings?

I hope dg finds him. I hope he knows that the intangibles is what separates a Blake Bortles from a Ben Roethlesberger.

If you guys remember Big Ben's interviews during the draft, maaaan did he have a chip on his shoulder. He was a solid choice imo. Eli of course had the pedigree and literally destined to be a champ.

There aren't many Mannings around.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
            The more i see of Allen the less i like him.

The more i see of Darnold the more i like him.

I think Darnold sitting for a year, maybe two if we hit playoffs and Eli is playing above par.

Either way. The kid needs to sit. Imo the best players sit and marinate in nfl knowledge and then they go out.

Hard work ethic and DESIRE. Who has it? Who wants nothing else but to be a hall of fame super bowl winner?

Eli and Peyton were bred to be as such. Destined. From birth.

Brady took it with desire. Dude is absurdly driven by desire to be better than Montana.

Who is completely obsessed with beating Brady? I mean OBSESSED.

That's the kid you want.

A lot of signs are pointing to Webb having that desire and mentality. Maybe he just absolutely will need to be better than Eli in his mind. And we know what that would take.

3 championships.

Whichever qb starts after Eli has absurdly huge shoes to fit. How many qb have won two super bowl in spectacular fashion while also making miracle plays during the playoff run. And won multiple sb mvp?

Not ****ing many!

So who will be driven by nothing else but desire to be called a better Giant than Manning?

If i was a gm and a kid came in saying i want to do my best and Eli is his own man and i am my own. I wouldn't want that kid. Regardless of his prospect analysis.

If a kid came in the interview and said i want to be the best Giant quarterback ever. I want it to be undeniable. I want rings. I want Eli himself to say i am better than him.

THAT'S the kid you want.

EVERYONE in this draft and in college big programs has the ability.

Who has the desire to make it happen?

Who will view life as a failure unless he puts up 3 rings?

I hope dg finds him. I hope he knows that the intangibles is what separates a Blake Bortles from a Ben Roethlesberger.

If you guys remember Big Ben's interviews during the draft, maaaan did he have a chip on his shoulder. He was a solid choice imo. Eli of course had the pedigree and literally destined to be a champ.

There aren't many Mannings around.
            I am leaning against Rosen as my choice for that exact reason..

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

He can thread the needle. What he cannot do is throw with any touch at all. Everything is a bullet.
              Completely agree. He even unnecessarily fires it in on 5 yard routes, which makes it harder on his receiver and leads to accuracy troubles. He'll make some throws that will leave you speechless, but is far too inconsistent due to his inability to make touch throws.
              1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
              2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
              3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
              4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

I am leaning against Rosen as my choice for that exact reason..
                Exactly!! No Rosen!

Comment

Exactly!! No Rosen!
                  I'm mostly scared by the concussions. Having 2 in a fairly short time like he did tends to make the person significantly more prone to them going forward, and as the rules and regulations regarding them in game get more tight, this will impact the team he's on.

Comment

Jcool0

Jcool05 days ago
                    Josh Allen is going to get a GM and coach fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Xz9ktS-qo

Comment

https://lasportshub.com/2018/01/13/n...aker-mayfield/

Comment

His footwork is very amateur and needs tons of work.

His lead foot is all over the place.

He needs a lot of work, imo. We'll see at the combine.

I still maintain Darnold under Eli for a year will result in the best qb in this draft SOLONG as we have a McDaniels or Shurmur as coach or equal level oc.

If we get Patricia and an oc who isn't known for developing qb then we absolutely NEED to trade back for an additional first next year and scoop up a Minkah or a Roq Smith or Quenton.

And roll with 2-years-to-learn-his-craft Webb.

I think Webb with 2 years of learning would be a capable nfl starter.
                        No no no......you donít get it....Eli goes away this offseason. No sticking around for a year. We are turning the page and moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                        X