Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bo Scarbrough, Damien Harris, and Ronald Jones II - Check These 3 Running Backs Out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bo Scarbrough, Damien Harris, and Ronald Jones II - Check These 3 Running Backs Out...

I was checking out some of the RBs in this draft and I'm impressed. This RB class is quite deep.

1) Bo Scarbrough gives you that Brandon Jacobs vibe as soon as you see him. Now that's a big RB! (not Brandon Jacobs big though). Here's a highlight tape of him:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu54ag7hTGI

I'm actually very surprised how well he runs. I think he could be a fantastic late round pick up. Bring back some Thunder and Lightening! His top speed is very fast for his size and when he hits someone they go falling backwards. Having said that, he will BY FAR have the worst NFL interview during the combine process. He's a top end talent but his interview is going to kill his draft stock. Here's an interview if you don't believe me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wME7elbKEAA

2) Damien Harris is built like a tank. Like a compact muscle machine. Actually you could probably compare him to the Muscle Hamster himself (Doug Martin). Damien is quite elusive and when he reaches top speed he's gone. He was on Alabama: the same team as Bo Scarbrough. What a RB duo there!
    Here's a link to a highlight tape for him too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCMtbO-aMgw

3) Ronald Jones doesn't just give you the speed, he breaks tackles too. I get a Jamaal Charles vibe going on with him. Man does he hit the hole at max speed!
    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45hhblS8Wqg

I'm a fan of Sony Michel but I wanted to see some other RB talent in this draft class.

I'm impressed with those 3. There's another guy that I think is impressive and that's Kerryon Johnson. He reminds me a lot of Arian Foster and just like Arian Foster apparently Kerryon has had some leg injuries. He seems a little bit riskier in terms of injuries but the dude has great vision, follows his blocks, and breaks tackles. Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5pfHahCSI

Which RB do you like out of this bunch after watching some highlights of them?
    Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-11-2018, 06:44 AM.

Damien Harris, said he is staying another year at Alabama. I Agree,with K. Johnson ( Auburn ). I think he could be had in the 4th round.

Comment

This is an awesome RB draft. I really hope we get someone to pair with Gallman. We need a pounder. Barkley would be awesome, but if we don't get him there are a lot of options.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

As mentioned, we'll have to wait a year for Harris but I would LOVE to land Bo. Dude is big and has great speed for his size. Not the cutter that Harris is, but is still a monster with the ball. Kerryon Johnson is insane and definitely one of the main guys I want if he checks out as fully healthy.

Right now my personal RB ranks goes:
        1. Kerryon Johnson (if 100%)
        2. Sony Michel
        3. RoJo (may be my #1 if I wasn't an SEC guy first)
        4. Bo Scarbrough/Nick Chubb

Not listing Barkley cause I don't want to take a RB with our first pick.
        2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
        Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
        Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
        Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
        Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
        Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
        Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

I said in a different thread that Scarbrough reminds me of Brandon Jacobs. He always lands forward, is a truck and has some deceptive speed. Josh Adams from ND is another one. He is big and fast but also has some nice moves and quick cuts. OL and RB are two positions we need to get this draft.
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I think if they don't draft Saquon Barkley 2nd overall they should pray that Darius Juice drops to them in round 2

Comment

Damien harris was my favorite after Barkley, personally, but he is going back to school.
              FWIW all these guys had good stats
              4 Bryce Love Stanford Jr. RB 13 2118 263 8.05
              5 Sony Michel, RB UGA 156 1227 7.9 75 16
              6 Rashaad Penny, RB SDSU 289 2248 7.8 95 23
              7 Damien Harris, RB ALA 135 1000 7.4 75 11
              12 Josh Adams, RB ND 206 1430 6.9 84 9
              30 Myles Gaskin, RB WASH 222 1380 6.2 69 21
              40Royce Freeman, RBORE24414756.05916

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...individual/907

Comment

I was never a big fan of the this type of running back, Jacobs, Henry or Scarbrough, they just don't get low enough and there're just not elusive enough.

Comment

If the Giants go QB in the first round. Then the Giants have to go OL in the second and third round. DG always double up on his pick. That leaves fouth round RB or LB. Giants should pick up a extra fourth round for Hankins.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                    Damien Harris, said he is staying another year at Alabama. I Agree,with K. Johnson ( Auburn ). I think he could be had in the 4th round.
                    Aw, darn. He will help his draft stock by staying. Splitting carries didn't help him stat wise at bama.

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                    Damien harris was my favorite after Barkley, personally, but he is going back to school.
                    FWIW all these guys had good stats
                    4 Bryce Love Stanford Jr. RB 13 2118 263 8.05
                    5 Sony Michel, RB UGA 156 1227 7.9 75 16
                    6 Rashaad Penny, RB SDSU 289 2248 7.8 95 23
                    7 Damien Harris, RB ALA 135 1000 7.4 75 11
                    12 Josh Adams, RB ND 206 1430 6.9 84 9
                    30 Myles Gaskin, RB WASH 222 1380 6.2 69 21
                    40Royce Freeman, RBORE24414756.05916

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...individual/907
                    I'm not that high on Bryce Love. I think he's just so small that he can't possibly be used as a 3 down back at the NFL level. He's more of a Darren Sproles sort of player. That doesn't mean he's bad or anything, it just means that he's a complimentary back. I guess if you had a good starting RB you could pick him up later in the draft. I don't think he has the intangibles of a Christian McCaffrey where he can be used in the slot as a WR to up his usage.

Rashaad Penny to me has "bust" potential to him. Watching his tape is deceptive because a lot of his runs where he accumulated the majority of his yardage is by him just running through a huge hole and just taking it to the house. But he doesn't have elite speed and he just seems efficient with the ball. He doesn't wow me and when I watch actual game film you notice when there isn't a large hole to run through he gets contacted and tends to go down quickly. That's a big red flag for bust potential because that's what he will see at the NFL level. He doesn't really push guys backwards even though he's a big running back. He has quite a bit of weight to him and he gets wrapped up easily.
                    Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-11-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                      Many Mock have Giant's taking K. Johnson in the 3rd Round
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

RB are like disposable razors. Just get a new one every few years. I'm not investing the 2 pick in Barkley. He'll prob be out of the league in five yrs

Comment

Gotta say i WANTED to like Ron Jones, but he doesnt wow me at all. Hes not bad, hes just not impressive in my mind. He looks like another Gallman or Foster, which isnt bad at all just not what im personally looking for in an RB.

im more a fan of Barkley, Harris, Scarborough, Royce Freeman, Chubb, Michel
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                            I'm not that high on Bryce Love. I think he's just so small that he can't possibly be used as a 3 down back at the NFL level. He's more of a Darren Sproles sort of player.
                            He would not be a 3 down back but like Sproles he would be a unique type of weapon to have. Would love to pair him Gallman.

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                            RB are like disposable razors. Just get a new one every few years. I'm not investing the 2 pick in Barkley. He'll prob be out of the league in five yrs
                            Yeah just like that Adrian Peterson guy lol. Very good RBs are not easy to find and the teams with them tend to do very well. The teams with the top 5 rushers this year all made the playoffs. Gurley took the Rams from worst O to best O in the league. It is a misnomer that RBs are not important. With that said I wouldn't take Barkley at two, I would try to trade down and hope he is there at 5.
                            "Next man up"

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Many Mock have Giant's taking K. Johnson in the 3rd Round
                              Would be STOKED if we got him in the 3rd.
                              2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                              Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                              Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                              Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
                              Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                              Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                              Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Working...
                              X