X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Jeremiah breaks down a Giants top draft options

http://m.giants.com/s/30842/embedded...f-f6027797f573

Good read.

I agree with him on Darnold. Would love to get Darnold.

dont want Rosen

hope he is wrong about the Giants and Allen but I guess it wouldn’t shock me.

——
    Name-brand programs. Name-brand players. The 2018 NFL Draft is going to be fun.

The Giants just hope it makes up for a season that was anything but that.

But if there were a year to hold the second overall pick, this could be the one to do it. Four quarterbacks, including the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, have separated themselves from the pack, while a skill player has the highest draft grade by some since Adrian Peterson. Buckle up.

"They've all played in big games on big stages, so everybody is familiar with them," NFL Media analyst and former scout Daniel Jeremiah said on "The Rich Eisen Show" as the college season came to a close this week. "And that means everybody is entrenched with an opinion - a strong opinion - one way or the other. It's going to be fun."

The top quarterbacks, most analysts agree, are USC's Sam Darnold, UCLA's Josh Rosen, Wyoming's Josh Allen and Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield. It gets interesting with Penn State running back Saquon Barkley, viewed by some as the best player in the entire class, regardless of position.

The top five of the draft order currently stands as the Browns, Giants, Colts, Browns again (via Texans) and Broncos.

"To me, Barkley is the best player in the draft," Jeremiah said. "[The Browns] have to take a quarterback, no question. If you want to cross your fingers and hope that maybe there's a run on quarterbacks, you could see Barkley at four."

Weighing the need for a quarterback and the value of an elite running back will make for an interesting start to the draft, which will take place April 26-28 at the Cowboys' AT&T Stadium. But when you're speaking strictly quarterbacks, two camps have emerged.

.....read more
    Last edited by TE88; 01-11-2018, 02:38 PM.

yeah. they are like 90% to simply take darnold or rosen. not very exciting. O well. what are they going to do in rounds 2-7 is what we should be focused on i suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      yeah. they are like 90% to simply take darnold or rosen. not very exciting. O well. what are they going to do in rounds 2-7 is what we should be focused on i suppose?
      I don’t see the Giants and Rosen being a fit on virtually any level.

I had not really considered Allen as I think 2 is way too high and he has such a lob way to go. But Jeremiah does make some points that you could justify him being a fit

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
        There is a lot of time between now and then. Every year someone elevates themselves, or drops badly once the senior bowl, combine and pro-days are all completed, Allen and Mayfield are both going to play the senior bowl. They could raise their respective stocks nicely if they do well.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

There is a lot of time between now and then. Every year someone elevates themselves, or drops badly once the senior bowl, combine and pro-days are all completed, Allen and Mayfield are both going to play the senior bowl. They could raise their respective stocks nicely if they do well.
          Yup. A lot of the firm stances people are taking on some of these qb's are very premature. These kids still have a ton of work to do over the next few months leading up to the draft.

Comment

Prescott won MVP in Sr Bowl 2 yrs ago and went in 4th rd. Webb did the same and went in 3rd. The combine is where you raise your stock.

But it let's not kid ourselves ...it's Darnold and Rosen ...1 and 2. In whatever order you prefer

Comment

Last year, majority of the board members, were upset. We wasted a third round pick that did not play all year. Now this year, a second overall pick, seems destine to sit all year long.
              I can see it now we should have taken Barkley, Nelson or B. Chubb. They will be playing almost every game and making headlines.

Comment

DJ is alright with me. He actually mocked Todd Gurley to us a few years back and I agreed with the choice. Of course the giants tried outsmart everyone and got Flowers
                If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

John Elway went to Sam Darnold's Cotton Bowl and he also went to Josh Allen's Potato Bowl to watch them in person. It is easy to see that John Elway is very interested with taking a QB within the first 5 picks. I'd imagine Elway has a special place in his heart for Josh Allen since Allen also played baseball just like Elway. They are both big QBs with rocket arms. You have to imagine that John Elway is going to want Josh Allen. Could be a prime trade back candidate with the Giants depending on what happens with Allen's evaluation with the Giants. It is very possible that they see Allen and just can't let a QB of that size and arm strength get by. Allen's delivery motion, pocket presence, all very elite. Not much you need to change. He just needs to be coached to read NFL defenses, he needs elite talent surrounded by him. Denver has some elite WR talent too.

Teams are going to have to move up in this draft to get the QB that they want. The Giants have many options.

Comment

I'm going to say this slowly and clearly so you all understand. Josh Allen is not going ahead of Darnold and Rosen. I can't say it any more clear than that. Stop posting that Allen is better. He simply is not. As of now and the spring of 2018 , he Is not. He needs a lot of work.

Yes Elway is scouring for a QB. He's desperate. He knows how important a franchise QB is (unlike some people on these boards). He ran out and got Peyton a few years ago. It paid off. Everyone take a lesson from this. Taking a guard at 2 is not going to win you a Super Bowl

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                      I'm going to say this slowly and clearly so you all understand. Josh Allen is not going ahead of Darnold and Rosen. I can't say it any more clear than that. Stop posting that Allen is better. He simply is not. As of now and the spring of 2018 , he Is not. He needs a lot of work.

Yes Elway is scouring for a QB. He's desperate. He knows how important a franchise QB is (unlike some people on these boards). He ran out and got Peyton a few years ago. It paid off. Everyone take a lesson from this. Taking a guard at 2 is not going to win you a Super Bowl
                      get over yourself, you know nothing. darnold is a turnover machine who lacks production, has trouble reading defenses, and should have stayed in school. rosen is a headcase whom by all accounts teammates and coaches cant stand. so he has the nicest spiral in the draft,,,it pretty much stops there. neither of these guys are franchise qb's. who says the giants are taking a guard at 2? the ignorance in here is unbelievable.

Comment

Jamey remove your head from ...well.

Darnold is going to be the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. Why go back to school? He's reached the pinnacle. How can he improve on that? Rosen is a head case and hated by ALL accounts? ALL? Gimme a break ..I've actually seen tweets from his teammates denying these rumors and saying they love the guy. Also, someone mentioned regretting not taking Nelson ..he plays guard for ND.

Ignorance? You're oblivious to the world. Must be nice living in that dream world of yours. I'd love to hear who you'd think we should take ...no wait...I could care less... you're clueless

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

get over yourself, you know nothing. darnold is a turnover machine who lacks production, has trouble reading defenses, and should have stayed in school. rosen is a headcase whom by all accounts teammates and coaches cant stand. so he has the nicest spiral in the draft,,,it pretty much stops there. neither of these guys are franchise qb's. who says the giants are taking a guard at 2? the ignorance in here is unbelievable.
                          I have asked you this before ... post a link to support your statement that teammates and coaches "can't stand" Rosen

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                            I could care less... you're clueless
                            So you care?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

I have asked you this before ... post a link to support your statement that teammates and coaches "can't stand" Rosen
                              Its complete b.s. from an anonymous scout, likely to try and hurt his stock and get him to fall to them or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X