Saquon Barkley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post

Actually if you tally up his 3 years of stats against Rutgers 8.5 yds a carry. 322yds of rushing / 40 carries over 3 years . Pretty sick. Even though Rutgers held him to 35 yards in 2017 he still scored 2 Tds on only 14 carries. He scored every 7 carries. I didn't even add up his receiving totals against rutgers.

Against Georgia State you are leaving out the part where he caught 4 passes for 142 yds but since you are argung about a "running back " we can leave that out.

If you want inconsistency Josh Adams out of ND is your guy. Look at his stats against good teams like Stanford and Michigan State over 3 years.
    RB are not drafted high because they can run the ball. Not for their ability to catch a screen pass. I am going by this past seasons numbers. The NFL is a what have you don lately league. Lately Barkley is inconsistent.
    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

7.2 against the number 3 ranked defense. Ok.
      In addition to not having a good line infront of him they're really not any other weapons on that offense. Every DC went into the week thinking i have one guy to stop. Some of them where able to pull it off against a very one dimensional team.
      Doesn't take anything away from his abilities. Speed hands vision power elusivness blocking are what you look for in a RB. Looking at stats gets you andre brown.
      You can g by that but you have to also look at 2.5 against a bad Defense. Penn State did not have a one dimensional team . Daesean Hamilton 850 receiving 9 Tds , Juwan Johnson 701 receiving. The QB Trace McSorley had 491 on the ground ,11 rushing TDs
      If they were as you say one dimensional Barkley would have been fed the ball more. You could make the same argument about Elliot and Gurley ( need to stop those guys) Yet they still produced.
      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

RB are not drafted high because they can run the ball. Not for their ability to catch a screen pass. I am going by this past seasons numbers. The NFL is a what have you don lately league. Lately Barkley is inconsistent.
        Tell that Gettleman when he drafted McCaffery last year. You definitely agenda with this is absurd statement.

Look I understand you don't like Barkley and don't want the Giants to pick a rb in the top of the draft. Talk about the guys you like instead coming up with cherry picked stats against a very good draft prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post

Tell that Gettleman when he drafted McCaffery last year. You definitely agenda with this is absurd statement.

Look I understand you don't like Barkley and don't want the Giants to pick a rb in the top of the draft. Talk about the guys you like instead coming up with cherry picked stats against a very good draft prospect.
          I will say it again McCaffery put up rushing numbers as well.

I will show it again for the 4th time

1600 on the ground 6.2 a carry. Again better the Barkley

Comment

I will say it again McCaffery put up rushing numbers as well.

I will show it again for the 4th time

1600 on the ground 6.2 a carry. Again better the Barkley
            You keep putting up stats for Barkley but you still didnít put up the number of carries for those games. Seems like you are cherry picking stats to make your case.
            Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

You keep putting up stats for Barkley but you still didnít put up the number of carries for those games. Seems like you are cherry picking stats to make your case.
              It is his yardage + yardage per run . Did you read all my posts. Everything you are questioning is there.

Comment

What else does a RB have to judge him by?
                There is always the tape!

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

The tape will show him getting talked for little to no yardage against some Bad Defenses. It will also show hes a great screen pass catcher. No back has been drafted with the 2nd over all because he can catch a screen.

Comment

The tape will show him getting talked for little to no yardage against some Bad Defenses. It will also show he ss a great screen pass catcher. No back has been drafted with the 2nd over all because he can catch a screen.

Comment

The tape will show him getting talked for little to no yardage against some Bad Defenses. It will also show he ss a great screen pass catcher. No back has been drafted with the 2nd over all because he can catch a screen.
                      It also shows breakaway moves and ability that can make your jaw drop.

I don't think there ever has been a running back in college that never gets tackled for no yards.

What number pick he is worth aside... I think he would immediately be the most talented running back this team has seen in a very long time... I think he is easily in the class of gurley and elliot. As much as I loved Jacobs and Bradshaw they were never really all pro candidates like gurley and elliot are.

Barkley would go a long way towards changing the identity of this offense... Provided the offensive line is upgraded.

Comment

It also shows breakaway moves and ability that can make your jaw drop.

I don't think there ever has been a running back in college that never gets tackled for no yards.

What number pick he is worth aside... I think he would immediately be the most talented running back this team has seen in a very long time... I think he is easily in the class of gurley and elliot. As much as I loved Jacobs and Bradshaw they were never really all pro candidates like gurley and elliot are.

Barkley would go a long way towards changing the identity of this offense... Provided the offensive line is upgraded.
                        Anyway you slice it, compared to what his predecessors accomplished before their draft year. He is below the curve . None of them were taken with the 2nd overall.

Comment

It is his yardage + yardage per run . Did you read all my posts. Everything you are questioning is there.
                          You donít think the number of carries is important? If he runs 10 times for 50 yards it makes your numbers meaningless. I understand you donít want him but donít use stats that skew the numbers.
                          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

You donít think the number of carries is important? If he runs 10 times for 50 yards it makes your numbers meaningless. I understand you donít want him but donít use stats that skew the numbers.
                            Your numbers are pulled out of hat. "what if" fictional numbers have meaning because? I am not trying to be condescending . Show some facts. explained how he is a #2 . I see nothing but media and talking head hype with no substance to justify a once in a decade pick.

Comment

You can g by that but you have to also look at 2.5 against a bad Defense. Penn State did not have a one dimensional team . Daesean Hamilton 850 receiving 9 Tds , Juwan Johnson 701 receiving. The QB Trace McSorley had 491 on the ground ,11 rushing TDs
                              If they were as you say one dimensional Barkley would have been fed the ball more. You could make the same argument about Elliot and Gurley ( need to stop those guys) Yet they still produced.
                              Thats not even top 50 for WRs so to call them legitimate threats is laughable especially when you consider that any team that played them was stacking the box. Also when you run the option and the back you're faking the hand off to is saquon thats gonna give your qb plenty of opportunities to run. As of right now Penn has 2 OL that could get drafted and they are both huge question marks. Zeke had a top 20 OT.
                              Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

ďI wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. Ö He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.Ē

Comment

I agree you can have busts even if it looks good on paper. That is the unknown with the draft.

I think you are missing my point. Here is my logic . I agree big numbers in the NCAA do not necessarily equate to an NFL glory. Not putting up numbers in the NCAA , you would think would transfer to the NFL ,a much more difficult environment to have success in. For a #2 overall a player should not be so inconstant.
                                The only problem is that this years rushing leader, Kareem Hunt, put up very similar numbers to Barkely. 1475 with 5.6 avg as a senior, Barkley last year got 1496 with 5.5. The final two years of their college career stack up very evenly as well. 2448 for 5.5 Hunt, 2767 for 5.6 Barkley. Let's add in Le'Veon Bell (the best RB in the league) final two years was 2741 for 4.8. It is simply absurd to think a guy can't be a good pro based simply on his stats. Watch the kid play.

Again if you don't like him and don't want him that is one thing and a perfectly fine opinion, but to try and convince people he's not good because of his stats is a fools path.
                                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                                X