Saquon Barkley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Your numbers are pulled out of hat. "what if" fictional numbers have meaning because? I am not trying to be condescending . Show some facts. explained how he is a #2 . I see nothing but media and talking head hype with no substance to justify a once in a decade pick.
    You are so blinded by your bias here. I never said he was worth the 2nd pick. If you are going to state how many yards he rushed for you need to give the number of carries because it does give a better picture. I used a hypothetical just to show you that how many yards a player rushes for in a game is not the whole story.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

http://m.espn.com/ncf/playergamelog?playerId=3929630 lol yeah Barkley got shut down in a few games.....ok and what about the rest of his outstanding games he had?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

The only problem is that this years rushing leader, Kareem Hunt, put up very similar numbers to Barkely. 1475 with 5.6 avg as a senior, Barkley last year got 1496 with 5.5. The final two years of their college career stack up very evenly as well. 2448 for 5.5 Hunt, 2767 for 5.6 Barkley. Let's add in Le'Veon Bell (the best RB in the league) final two years was 2741 for 4.8. It is simply absurd to think a guy can't be a good pro based simply on his stats. Watch the kid play.

Again if you don't like him and don't want him that is one thing and a perfectly fine opinion, but to try and convince people he's not good because of his stats is a fools path.
        Hunt was a 3rd round pick . Proving my point.
        Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

You are so blinded by your bias here. I never said he was worth the 2nd pick. If you are going to state how many yards he rushed for you need to give the number of carries because it does give a better picture. I used a hypothetical just to show you that how many yards a player rushes for in a game is not the whole story.
          Speed that is the point I am making. I am showing why he is not a number 2 . I am not bias at all Showing just why he is not. Lower 1st or 2nd 3rd round . I am all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

Thats not even top 50 for WRs so to call them legitimate threats is laughable especially when you consider that any team that played them was stacking the box. Also when you run the option and the back you're faking the hand off to is saquon thats gonna give your qb plenty of opportunities to run. As of right now Penn has 2 OL that could get drafted and they are both huge question marks. Zeke had a top 20 OT.
            I agree but that guy is also Josh Adams The Giants can get him in the mid rounds.

Comment

No it does not prove your point, not the point I disagree with anyway. I could care less where you think we should draft him, that's an opinion and I don't argue peoples opinions.

"Not putting up numbers in the NCAA , you would think would transfer to the NFL"

That is what I am arguing. Bell and Hunt both put up similar numbers to Barkley and are two of the best RBs in the NFL. You are 100% wrong assuming not having great college numbers means you won't have great NFL numbers. Can you at least admit that so we can all move on from this nonsense?
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Sorry but talent wise Hunt is not better than Barkley neither is Zeke"the Freak a.k.a. Ike Turner J.R." Barkley is the real deal and if we can use him like Sean Payton uses Alvin Kamara you can have a dynamic offense even with Eli as the QB. We just need to get a competent O-line and we would be a great offense.

Comment

No it does not prove your point, not the point I disagree with anyway. I could care less where you think we should draft him, that's an opinion and I don't argue peoples opinions.

"Not putting up numbers in the NCAA , you would think would transfer to the NFL"

That is what I am arguing. Bell and Hunt both put up similar numbers to Barkley and are two of the best RBs in the NFL. You are 100% wrong assuming not having great college numbers means you won't have great NFL numbers. Can you at least admit that so we can all move on from this nonsense?
                  Again you missed the point Hunt was a 3rd round pick . Not the #2 overall. It about draft position and how one is qualified to merit their draft round

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

Sorry but talent wise Hunt is not better than Barkley neither is Zeke"the Freak a.k.a. Ike Turner J.R." Barkley is the real deal and if we can use him like Sean Payton uses Alvin Kamara you can have a dynamic offense even with Eli as the QB. We just need to get a competent O-line and we would be a great offense.
                    It is your opinion on Hunt and Elliot. Barkley has yet to take one snap in the NFL. The two aforementioned have proved their worth in the NFL Barkley has not. IMO: Does not warrant a #2 pick
                    Last edited by TEM; Yesterday, 04:04 PM.

Comment

If the Giants are trying to win the NFC East and make a run at the Super Bowl in 2019, they should draft Barkley. IMO he is the best player in this draft and would have the greatest immediate impact on the Giants team.

Barkley would work wonders for this offense.

Comment

It is your opinion on Hunt and Elliot. Barkley has yet to take one snap in the NFL. The two aforementioned have proved their worth in the NFL Barkley has not. IMO: Does not warrant a #2 pick
                        Iím comparing them coming out of college. If these 3 players all played with the same OL I think without question Barkley would be the best one.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

Iím comparing them coming out of college. If these 3 players all played with the same OL I think without question Barkley would be the best one.
                          What "ifs"are purely conjectural opinion.

Comment

Again you missed the point Hunt was a 3rd round pick . Not the #2 overall. It about draft position and how one is qualified to merit their draft round
                            I'm not talking about draft position, that's your opinion and I won't argue about draft position opinions. You said this "Not putting up numbers in the NCAA , you would think would transfer to the NFL". That is the problem. Now if you "misspoke" and did not mean that then it is fine, just say that and we can move on. If you truly think that not putting up big numbers in college means you won't in the NFL then you 100% wrong.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I'm not talking about draft position, that's your opinion and I won't argue about draft position opinions. You said this "Not putting up numbers in the NCAA , you would think would transfer to the NFL". That is the problem. Now if you "misspoke" and did not mean that then it is fine, just say that and we can move on. If you truly think that not putting up big numbers in college means you won't in the NFL then you 100% wrong.
                              I did not say that Go back an read all my posts on him. I said he has not out up the numbers to warrant the #2 overall pick. Or a top ten . Personally I think he is a 2nd -3rd round pick. My entire point has been about the #2 overall. ( draft position)

Comment

Working...
                              X