Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If The Giants dont trade down >>>

Would you take Saquan Barkley?

IMOHO yes I would, and here is why. The Giants have a lot of holes to fill, especially on the O-Line and at LB. With a GREAT RB you can mask some sub-par O-line problems because a GREAT RB can make things happen even if the hole/s given him aren't actually there. By doing that, defense's have to respect the run, which NO DEFENSE in the NFL has done with the NY Giants in 3 or more years.

This, believe it or not will give Eli Manning more time to throw in the pocket and possibly open up the passing game. Any real Giant fan knows one of Eli's best assets is the Play Action Pass. Eli is one of the best QB's in this league selling the Play Action. He has had some of his best plays come from the Play Action. Eli and this Offense haven't done play action in 3 seasons, YES since McAdoo became the OC then HC.

Saquan Barkley may be one of the best if not the best RB to come into the NFL Since Adrian Peterson, yes even better the Ezekiel Elliot. I'm so damned tired of the NY Giants passing on GREAT RB's. I was all in on the Giants drafting Mark Ingram, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian McCaffrey, and Todd Gurley, (My Mouth was watering for Elliot I really thought and was correct saying he was the BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT) instead ****ing Reese drafts David Wilson, a First Round Kick Returner that I never felt was anywhere near a capable between the tackles 3 down RB. He was a great open field runner and that's it. He was never a 3 down RB with the ability to make the tough yards.

Saquan Barkley and I will call it here is the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER in this years draft. He is an elusive runner that also has the strength to wear down a defense, can make people miss, has enough speed to take it the distance, has proven to be more than capable receiver out of the backfield, can pick up the blitz, and to top it all off he can also return Punts and Kickoffs.

I will also say this right now, he is better than Ezekiel Elliot, and Todd Gurley, he will be better than Le'Veon Bell with some real NFL Reps. He is a true 3 down back which this team hasn't had since Rodney Hampton. You can argue Tiki Barber was a 3 down back, but Tiki wasn't the type of RB to wear down a defense.

To be honest I would like to see the Giants Trade down, but not out of the top 10. I just don't see the NY Giants doing that for the mere fact only 2 teams may bite. If the Giants trade out of the top 10 it would hurt them more than help them. I don't see any of the QB's in this draft worthy of of a 1st round Pick, that fit the Giants football program. IMO the best QB in this draft is Baker Mayfield and I'm not at all wanting a QB who will run 1st then throw. They are highly injury prone and are a snap away from a season ending injury. I want my QB to be in the pocket throwing the ball, NOT running around like a chicken with his head cut off waiting to be hit and injured. That may work well in College but it's not gonna work in the NFL. Look at Aaron Rodgers this season RG3, Teddy Bridgewater, Carson Wentz, and Andrew Luck,just to name a few. All Injured all mobile QB's and all ruined their season/s. I will take a traditional QB over a Mobile QB any day of the week.

When a talent like Barkley comes along you cant pass it up, unless you can justify it by trading down for more picks, but those picks better be worth it.

Saquan Barkley could fix some of the problems offensively, by giving the NY Giants more time to put together an Offensive Line. He would definitely be better than what we already have to run the ball behind a Sub Par O - Line. And like I stated earlier he gives the Giants a legitimate RB to give them more time to really FIX the Line, and defense's would have to respect and game plan for him. That opens up the Play Action and gives Eli more time to make the throws down field. Face it, there is no way this line gets fixed this season. I'm pretty sure that they will put enough pieces in place for A RB Like Barkley to run behind without breaking the bank and over paying for FA's out of desperation, like Reese did.

The NFC East is also becoming a SMASH MOUTHED Division again. The cowboys and eagles both have legit Running Games that have to be respected. The Redskins are also able to run the ball effectively enough that defense's have to respect. Now look at the NY Giants, defense's will give the Giants a few good runs a game but they aren't the least bit afraid of it. The Defense's over the last 3 seasons have had only 1 thing in mind when facing the Giants Offense, Pressure, sack and get in Eli's face to make him throw the ball before he is ready too. They Laugh at out Running Game because our running game is pathetic and non exsistent.

THAT HAS TO BE FIXED IN ORDER FOR THIS TEAM TO BE COMPETITIVE.

That's my 2 cents what is your thought on this
    Last edited by couchcoach100; 01-12-2018, 02:39 PM.

Right right. Very good

Comment

Most of the top running backs in the league are not first rounders. That position is expendable across the league and a luxury pick. We would make bigger improvements by fixing the line
      Long Live the King

Comment

There is gonna be stud linemen in the second round...which would be more solid for Barkley

Comment

There is gonna be stud linemen in the 2nd round...so picking Barkley is a huge upgrade for the offense

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
            Most of the top running backs in the league are not first rounders. That position is expendable across the league and a luxury pick. We would make bigger improvements by fixing the line
            For most running backs I would agree with you that they can be found later in the draft . However I think barkley is a guy that is an instant game changer especially for a team like the Giants that struggles with run blocking and staying on blocks . Gallman and Darkwa have had success because they hit the hole hard without dancing around. The one thing the Giants havenít had in a long time is a back with break away speed. Barkley has the ability to break long runs which instantly changes the game. I really think taking him with the #2 pick would be more beneficial to this team then any other player .

Comment

in today's NFL the only time you select a RB in the top 10 is if you have everything else in place. The kid may turn out to be great but you dont take a RB at 2 in the Giants situation

A RB doesnt fix an oline at all
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I'm not saying he can't be great, and I'm not even completely opposed to taking Barkley at 2, though I think a great offensive lineman would ultimately be more valuable if you got the right guy...but you are way overhyping the kid based on nothing but a gut feeling. Better than Gurley, Bell and Elliott? He hasn't even played an NFL snap yet, and unless you're a psu fan, you probably just found out who he is this past fall.

And Tiki? Not a great all around/3 down back? Did you even watch the Giants when he was playing? Tiki could do it all. I don't like the guy either, but scoffing at his skills is ridiculous. Id go as far as saying if the Giants front office could hypothetically be guaranteed that Barkley could match Tiki's play in the NFL, they would take him with that 2nd pick without a second thought.

Comment

I would rather take Josh Adams in the 3rd or 4th . IMO: better value.

7.3 a carry
                  1389 yds
                  9 Tds

A steal in the 3rd or 4th as projected.
                  Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

I would try to trade back. If I can't trade back then I think I would take Barkley. Lets agree in this scenario we are not going QB. So do you take Nelson at #2? Most people are not taking a guard at #2. If we had a crystal ball and it said Nelson and Barkley would become all pros which would you rather have? For me Barkely is the easy choice. Now if we factor in Chubb at #2 that is another question all together. IMO we already have two "pro bowl level" DEs so the RB would give us a bigger bang.

I would not be upset with Nelson or Chubb or Barkley at #2 though. As TEM said Josh Adams later will be a steal. Many good RBs in this class. Only one Barkley but if we miss him all is not lost. Oddly enough that is also why I would trade back and take the chance on grabbing him at #5, if he is gone it'll be ok.
                    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

The only way I see us picking a player at a position outside of QB at #2 is if an OT or edge rusher rises dramatically from now til the draft.

I like Barkley as a prospect, although Iím not in love with him like many on this board. I donít think any of the elite running backs in the NFL can have legitimate success behind our current OL except for Bell, David Johnson, and Alvin Kamara, but that is mostly because of their abilities as receivers.

If we were to add significant pieces through free agency, I think thereís a small chance we take Barkley, but thereís stil so much more value with Rosen/Darnold or trading down.

Comment

Barkley would be a fun pick but his college stats are not that better then gallman so dont know if he will be a huge upgrade. Smart way would be to trade back and thats why we are in the position we are in now because Reese never did smart choices and always went for players in skilled position instead of building the OL

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          in today's NFL the only time you select a RB in the top 10 is if you have everything else in place. The kid may turn out to be great but you dont take a RB at 2 in the Giants situation

A RB doesnt fix an oline at all
                          A great one could sure help. I think the NFL is shifting back to good running games instead of being pass happy likes it's been. There are definitely some rbs that are killing it, where as just a few years ago it was an under appreciated position. IMO

Comment

If Patricia is named HC, I could see the Giants trading down and taking Fitzpatrick. Versatile secondary players who can match-up with opponents skill players are what they like in New England. There has been a theme with how the Pats have built their defenses with Patricia as the DC- Investing resources to get good DB's (Revis, Talib, McCourty, Gilmore)

Comment

Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post
                              Any real Giant fan knows one of Eli's best assets is the Play Action Pass. Eli is one of the best QB's in this league selling the Play Action. He has had some of his best plays come from the Play Action. Eli and this Offense haven't done play action in 3 seasons
                              This part of your post interests me simply because I don't agree with most of it.

I don't believe for a second Eli's one of the best at selling the play action. I think Eli is like most other QB's in that regard, but there are a few who are great at actually selling it by the way they hide the ball on their hip. The guys that fool the camera men are the guys I would say are great at selling the play action.

It takes the whole team to sell the play action and not just a QB. And when you're able to fool the defense, good things can happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X