If The Giants dont trade down >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post
    I would rather take Josh Adams in the 3rd or 4th . IMO: better value.

7.3 a carry
    1389 yds
    9 Tds

A steal in the 3rd or 4th as projected.
    I don't think he has the lateral quickness for the nfl. Unless he has a gaping hole he will be a negative runner in the NFL. He need s space to get going and is not elusive enough to create on his own. Bo Scarburough would be a better back if you like big backs who run upright. If you are going by stats the Penny is your guy.

Comment

If Gettleman takes anybody but the Giants' next franchise QB with the #2 pick, then he needs to have his offer letter torn up and tossed in the circular file. I think he's smarter than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mj312 View Post
        For most running backs I would agree with you that they can be found later in the draft . However I think barkley is a guy that is an instant game changer especially for a team like the Giants that struggles with run blocking and staying on blocks . Gallman and Darkwa have had success because they hit the hole hard without dancing around. The one thing the Giants havenít had in a long time is a back with break away speed. Barkley has the ability to break long runs which instantly changes the game. I really think taking him with the #2 pick would be more beneficial to this team then any other player .
        paul Perkins has break away speed, but not much else

Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          in today's NFL the only time you select a RB in the top 10 is if you have everything else in place. The kid may turn out to be great but you dont take a RB at 2 in the Giants situation

A RB doesnt fix an oline at all
          +1

Comment

Rb is the way to go if he can also block and catch
            I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Saquan is a difference maker that rarely comes around. Take him #2 and upgrade the OL in free agency and rounds 2,3,4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
                I like Barkley as a prospect, although Iím not in love with him like many on this board.
                Let's be honest here...much of the "love" on this board for Saquon Barkley is REALLY a love for Davis Webb. It's a diversionary tactic. They don't want the Giants to draft a franchise QB with the #2 pick because they know that that will make Davis Webb's road to the Giants' starting position harder. So, they try to divert attention to other shiny objects on which the Giants can spend their #2 pick (also popular with some in the "trade down" crowd). It's really the only explanation for advocating the Giants pass over their next franchise QB with the #2...the idea that we already found our next franchise QB with our late-third round pick last year. Otherwise, it would be - essentially - suicide. I think we all can agree that Eli is probably not going to be playing into his 40s.

I'm certainly not suggesting that this is everybody's motivation. But I DO believe that it's the motivation of a number of folks on this board - whether they care to admit it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Let's be honest here...much of the "love" on this board for Saquon Barkley is REALLY a love for Davis Webb. It's a diversionary tactic. They don't want the Giants to draft a franchise QB with the #2 pick because they know that that will make Davis Webb's road to the Giants' starting position harder. So, they try to divert attention to other shiny objects on which the Giants can spend their #2 pick (also popular with some in the "trade down" crowd). It's really the only explanation for advocating the Giants pass over their next franchise QB with the #2...the idea that we already found our next franchise QB with our late-third round pick last year. Otherwise, it would be - essentially - suicide. I think we all can agree that Eli is probably not going to be playing into his 40s.

I'm certainly not suggesting that this is everybody's motivation. But I DO believe that it's the motivation of a number of folks on this board - whether they care to admit it or not.
                  What does drafting Barkley have to do with Webb?? If anything most that want Saquan at the number 2 spot still believes that Eli is the guy moving forward for at least another 2 years.

IMO i think its only a few here at best that actually feel that way in regards to Webb. Most want a new franchise qb now or want the oline fixed by next season with Eli finishing his contract out.

Comment

If Gettleman takes anybody but the Giants' next franchise QB with the #2 pick, then he needs to have his offer letter torn up and tossed in the circular file. I think he's smarter than that.
                    So a QB automatically becomes a "franchise" QB just because you picked them at #2?

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

So a QB automatically becomes a "franchise" QB just because you picked them at #2?
                      Nope...but you have to have a QB before you can have a franchise QB.

Comment

Nope...but you have to have a QB before you can have a franchise QB.
                        Do you believe Darnold and Rosen are both "franchise" QBs

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

What does drafting Barkley have to do with Webb??
                          Because drafting Barkley with the #2 pick necessarily precludes the Giants from drafting their next franchise QB with the same #2. It's the "let's see what we can do with Eli and a good running back" argument. So maybe the Giants go 7-9 with Eli and Barkley and pick #15 in the 2019 draft. The elite QBs are gone by #15, so let's just draft a good O-lineman for Barkley. Eli and Barkley go 9-7 with the new O-lineman. Then, all of a sudden...Eli retires. What do we do now? We haven't drafted an elite QB in 15 years. We have the #18 pick in the 2020 draft and any QB remaining at that point is not going to be able to start in week 1. Oh well, we have that guy we drafted in the late-third round three years ago...let's just throw him out there and hope he can be decent!

Not exactly the way I want to see the Giants move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

Do you believe Darnold and Rosen are both "franchise" QBs
                            History tells us that at least one of them is.

Comment

History tells us that at least one of them is.
                              And I would go so far as to say that if you add Josh Allen into that mix, then at least two of the three will most likely end up franchise QBs.
                              Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 01-12-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

First three QB selections of the 2004 draft...

Pick # NFL Team Player College
                                1 San Diego Chargers Eli Manning Ole Miss
                                4 New York Giants Philip Rivers NC State
                                11 Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger Miami (OH)

All three ended up franchise QBs.

Comment

Working...
                                X