X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
    Rb is the way to go if he can also block and catch
    after Round 1, sure.

For those who think the Giants go Barkley in Round 1, put your money when your delusion is with a Vegas bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Because drafting Barkley with the #2 pick necessarily precludes the Giants from drafting their next franchise QB with the same #2. It's the "let's see what we can do with Eli and a good running back" argument. So maybe the Giants go 7-9 with Eli and Barkley and pick #15 in the 2019 draft. The elite QBs are gone by #15, so let's just draft a good O-lineman for Barkley. Eli and Barkley go 9-7 with the new O-lineman. Then, all of a sudden...Eli retires. What do we do now? We haven't drafted an elite QB in 15 years. We have the #18 pick in the 2020 draft and any QB remaining at that point is not going to be able to start in week 1. Oh well, we have that guy we drafted in the late-third round three years ago...let's just throw him out there and hope he can be decent!

Not exactly the way I want to see the Giants move forward.
      I doubt the Giants will have that type of thinking. However its possible that the Giants higher ups dont like any qbs with the number 2 pick.....Now whats the alternative other than to trade down?

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

I doubt the Giants will have that type of thinking. However its possible that the Giants higher ups dont like any qbs with the number 2 pick.....Now whats the alternative other than to trade down?
        This is one of the most QB-rich drafts in recent years. If they can't find ONE guy that they like, then maybe they need to re-evaluate their evaluations.

Comment

For example, Baker Mayfield is considered by most to be the #4 QB prospect in this year's draft. I can name a couple of recent drafts where Mayfield probably would have been #1 or #2.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

after Round 1, sure.

For those who think the Giants go Barkley in Round 1, put your money when your delusion is with a Vegas bet.
            How is it a delusion? He is a game changer who is gonna be that good and better than any QB prospect in this draft

Comment

This is one of the most QB-rich drafts in recent years. If they can't find ONE guy that they like, then maybe they need to re-evaluate their evaluations.
              Ok cool. Now my next question since in your opinion you feel is the most qb rich draft, what if they dont like the top 4 qb prospect at the number 2 spot?? Could they trade down a possibly get the person they like along with additional picks??

NFL Draft will be very intriguing with anxiety and excitement from us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by StroSwift10NYG View Post

How is it a delusion? He is a game changer who is gonna be that good and better than any QB prospect in this draft

You must be early teens and never played football. You will see

Comment

For example, Baker Mayfield is considered by most to be the #4 QB prospect in this year's draft. I can name a couple of recent drafts where Mayfield probably would have been #1 or #2.
                  +1.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Ok cool. Now my next question since in your opinion you feel is the most qb rich draft, what if they dont like the top 4 qb prospect at the number 2 spot?? Could they trade down a possibly get the person they like along with additional picks??

NFL Draft will be very intriguing with anxiety and excitement from us fans.
                    As long as they are 99.9% sure that the top 4 prospect will still be available when their new pick rolls around. 'cuz ya know what they end up with if he's not? Squat.

A risk I don't happen to think is worth it when you have a once-in-a-generation pick in your hand. What's the old saying about a bird in hand?

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post

I don't think he has the lateral quickness for the nfl. Unless he has a gaping hole he will be a negative runner in the NFL. He need s space to get going and is not elusive enough to create on his own. Bo Scarburough would be a better back if you like big backs who run upright. If you are going by stats the Penny is your guy.
                      I saw an OJ Anderson type runner that can run through guys.
                      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

And please don't take my comment about Baker Mayfield as an endorsement. I'm just saying that his level of talent would have put him among the cream of the crop in several other recent drafts. I also happen to think that he may end up being Johnny Manziel 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

You must be early teens and never played football. You will see
                          I'm in my 20s and have played football my whole life and know the game very well...i feel he will be something special but time will tell.
                          Last edited by StroSwift10NYG; 01-12-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I saw an OJ Anderson type runner that can run through guys.
                            An OJ Anderson-type guy with a 3rd or 4th round pick would be good value.

Comment

An OJ Anderson-type guy with a 3rd or 4th round pick would be good value.
                              I agree.
                              Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by StroSwift10NYG View Post
                                I'm in my 20s and have played football my whole life and know the game very well...i feel he will be something special but time will tell.
                                Well, if you're in your 20s, then...you're not old enough to remember the hype surrounding Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, and Curtis Enis when they all came out of Penn State. I, unfortunately, am.

Comment

Working...
                                X