No announcement yet.

If The Giants dont trade down >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley Chubb is the best pick we can make IMO.....
    DE is overpaid and underachieving on this team.....
    Chubb is going to be amoung the elite within 2 years...

is anyone actually sold on any of these QBs? Thereís not even a fan favorite around here, just a buncha names getting tossed around.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Having a top-tier running back helps. The top of the top-tier running backs this year (Kareem Hunt) was a late-third round pick.
      Ok. So was Donta Foreman and James Conner. The odds of finding a RB in the 3rd round are not great and if we could redo those drafts where do you think those guys would get drafted? Round 1. Because RBs are valuable.

This years All Pro QB was a 6th round pick, doesn't mean we should wait till then for a QB. The two MVP candidates this year are a 6th round QB and a 1st round RB.

It is all meaningless. If Barkley (or Nelson for that matter) are the best guy available we should take them, regardless of their position. I still remain in favor of trying to trade back to #5.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I think this draft is too rich in running back talent to take any of them at #2. There is another thread on them, go check it out. if our FO does not like any of these QBs, they should trade down if they can get the right deal. Hell, if they think one of the QBs is far better than any of the others, they may need to trade up to the Browns to insure they get their guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

paul Perkins has break away speed, but not much else
          Heís a 4.5 at best a 4.4 guy and about 10 lbs lighter than Barkley. Barkley is a 4.3 guy at 235 lbs thatís a big difference

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
            I would rather take Josh Adams in the 3rd or 4th . IMO: better value.

7.3 a carry
            1389 yds
            9 Tds

A steal in the 3rd or 4th as projected.
            I started out as a big Barkley fan, which i am still. I just believe there is great talent after the 1st round for rbs. You got Love, Harris, Guice, Freeman, Jones, Scarborough, Chubb, Michel, etc
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I started out as a big Barkley fan, which i am still. I just believe there is great talent after the 1st round for rbs. You got Love, Harris, Guice, Freeman, Jones, Scarborough, Chubb, Michel, etc
              I agree.
              Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Bryce Love will most likely still be available when we pick at #34. If not, Kerryon Johnson, Chubb, Guice, or Harris will do just fine.

Comment

History tells us that at least one of them is.
                  I'm asking you if you believe either of these QBs is a "franchise" QB.

Seems like you're stuck in the feedback loop of "you select a QB at #2 because they are a franchise QB.... they're a franchise QB because you're selecting them at #2."

And I'm not sure what this history is of which you speak. Resting laurels on some sort of "odds" is not prudent.

Since the Giants drafted a top 5 QB, the following were also drafted in the top 5:

Jameis Winston
                  Marcus Mariota
                  Blake Bortles
                  Andrew Luck
                  RGIII
                  Cam Newton
                  Sam Bradford
                  Matthew Stafford
                  Mark Sanchez
                  Matt Ryan
                  JaMarcus Russell
                  Vince Young
                  Alex Smith

Those odds are not in favor of your argument.
                  Last edited by buried_in_snow; 01-13-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

First three QB selections of the 2004 draft...

Pick # NFL Team Player College
                    1 San Diego Chargers Eli Manning Ole Miss
                    4 New York Giants Philip Rivers NC State
                    11 Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger Miami (OH)

All three ended up franchise QBs.
                    Since 2005, here are the QBs selected in the Top 5:

Jameis Winston
                    Marcus Mariota
                    Blake Bortles
                    Andrew Luck
                    RGIII
                    Cam Newton
                    Sam Bradford
                    Matthew Stafford
                    Mark Sanchez
                    Matt Ryan
                    JaMarcus Russell
                    Vince Young
                    Alex Smith

You have 3 out of 13 that I would consider "franchise" QBs (Ryan, Newton, Stafford).... and Staffords career record and playoff record is sub par.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                      LOL perkins doesnt have break away speed.
                      I didnít think he did either but I was responding to the other user that said he did .

Comment

Perkins has a 4.54 40yd time.

Dude is as slow as he looks.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

Since 2005, here are the QBs selected in the Top 5:

Jameis Winston
                          Marcus Mariota
                          Blake Bortles
                          Andrew Luck
                          RGIII
                          Cam Newton
                          Sam Bradford
                          Matthew Stafford
                          Mark Sanchez
                          Matt Ryan
                          JaMarcus Russell
                          Vince Young
                          Alex Smith

You have 3 out of 13 that I would consider "franchise" QBs (Ryan, Newton, Stafford).... and Staffords career record and playoff record is sub par.
                          Once again, you've conveniently left out Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Mitchell Trubisky, and Deshaun Watson. You must be trying to manipulate the results.

BTW...what QB do you think the Titans are going to go after in the draft in April? A starting quarterback that a team is making no effort to replace is a franchise QB. Not all franchise QBs are Super Bowl champs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mj312 View Post

I didnít think he did either but I was responding to the other user that said he did .
                            Ok, my bad.

Comment

Trade back a few and get an extra 2nd round pick so we can get QB at first, OL and RB in 2nd...its a gamble instead of getting the exact guy they may want but could pay off if all 3 work out. I dont think they will let Perkins go yet and may give him another year so we still have Darkwa, Gallman, Perkins...if we go for RB, it would be better to get one in first 3 rounds to get best chance at an upgrade to Darkwa and release Perkins.

Comment

Once again, you've conveniently left out Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Mitchell Trubisky, and Deshaun Watson. You must be trying to manipulate the results.

BTW...what QB do you think the Titans are going to go after in the draft in April? A starting quarterback that a team is making no effort to replace is a franchise QB. Not all franchise QBs are Super Bowl champs.
                                Your definition of a franchise QB is pretty low. For me active franchise QBís that havenít won a Super Bowl are Luck and Rivers.
                                Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X