Lamar Jackson vs. Good Defenses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamar Jackson vs. Good Defenses

He's not good enough throwing deep. He's not patient enough and relies too much on his feet.

Good underneath/short game. 3rd round as a WR/ 4th round as a QB.. LOL
    Long Live the King

You laugh but I said the same thing. He's not an NFL QB. I'd take him in the 3rd as a slot WR or have him on special teams. He can fly. But he's not a QB

Comment

For a non-QB he still managed to throw 3 tds against the clemson defense... just saying

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post
        For a non-QB he still managed to throw 3 tds against the clemson defense... just saying
        Chad Kelly did that against Alabama and he went dead last in the draft. And he actually beat them
        Last edited by Gee718; 01-15-2018, 09:26 PM.
        Long Live the King

Comment

He also was 13 for 31 for 171 yards and 4 INTS vs Mississippi State in Bowl game. Your turn

Comment

This is fun!

7. New England vs. Denver (2015 playoffs)

Tom Brady’s worst game came during the 2015 AFC Championship | Christian Petersen/Getty Images

Brady has participated in 33 career playoff games. Before the 2015 AFC Championship, he never experienced a completion percentage under 50% in any of those games. However, Brady did just that against the Denver Broncos’ fierce pass rush, as he completed just 48% of his 56 pass attempts prior to a Patriots loss, 20-18. He did manage to pass for over 300 yards in this game, but he threw two costly interceptions (and another on the two-point conversion attempt that would have tied the game). Brady simply could not get into a consistent rhythm. Many say that Denver’s defense on Sunday was the best Brady has ever faced. Despite that fact, this was still one of the worst games of his legendary career.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nf...tml/?a=viewall

Michael vick had a 29% completion ratio in one of his college games look>>>>>>>
            2000 2000-09-30 Virginia Tech @ Boston College W 5 17 29.4 61 0 1 47.8 16 210 13.1
            https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ick-1/gamelog/

nobody cared when he had the best game ever as an eagle >>>>>>>
            https://philly.sbnation.com/philadel...ce-of-all-time

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...rs-quarterback
            Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-15-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Ummm I have no ... idea... what you're even saying.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post
                Means nothing.

He doesnt have the skills to be an NFL QB.

Ive been watching him. Fun exciting athlete. Thats about it.
                Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-15-2018, 09:50 PM.
                http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                  Ummm I have no ... idea... what you're even saying.
                  Bigpoppy has been smoking some of that bunk Jamaican reefer....what a turkey!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Means nothing.

He doesnt have the skills to be an NFL QB.
                    exactly. one game means nothing... any QB can have a great or terrible game. any QB. In fact all of them have both great and terrible games. it means absolutely nothing. Whether or not Lamar Jackson has the skills to succeed in the NFL at QB is yet to be seen.

Comment

I've seen it and he can't. Period

Comment

People on here said the same thing about Watson last year.

Comment

His passing got much better from 2016 to 2017. There is certainly potential there. Most of these types of QBs I don't think will succeed in the NFL and I am generally right. I do think he has some skills to work with though and in the right situation with time and the right staff he can succeed. Like the rest of this QB class he has some flags. I'm still not seeing this deepest QB class ever they keep telling us about.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

He obviously has to improve throwing the ball but hes still the most dynamic player in college and has arguably the highest upside of any qb. Whether or not he can play QB at the next level remains to be seen. I think in the right system and coach he can be a stud. Theres almost no way hes gonna drop to the 3rd round in my opinion.

Comment

I see big improvement from 2016 to 2017 in his passing. That is encouraging. I do think he is a better prospect coming out that Michael Vick was. I need to see his official measurements tho, they matter with a QB like him.
                              Last edited by BlueSanta; 01-16-2018, 06:45 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X