Lamar Jackson vs. Good Defenses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

I agree! But people was so down on Watson on here, even at the 23rd pick was ridiculous for them. He proved them wrong. You just said you don't think he will be a first round pick and you also said that he's a third round pick at best. He will surprise next season.
    Well, people should now go back and watch Watsons tape. Do you see any similarities with Jackson. I really only scout QB's when I think we might pick one.
    Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

I heard he's a hard worker. He improved passing from the pocket every year in Louisville.
      likewise, I've heard nothing but great comments about his attitude, work ethic, etc. He seems like a really good kid. I just don't think he's a top QB prospect, and will earn his living at a different position. 4.3 speed is hard to come by!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Well, people should now go back and watch Watsons tape. Do you see any similarities with Jackson. I really only scout QB's when I think we might pick one.
        I'm hearing the same thing about Jackson I heard about Watson last year. He use his legs too much, he will have to change position ect. Only QB I think is better than him is Josh Rosen.

Comment

Watching tape, looks to me that watson mostly ran when it was a designed run.You see him stand in the pocket and take hits.

You don't see Lamar Jackson waiting in the pocket until the last second, for his WR to get open and taking hits. He also sucks throwing on the run. In the NFL, you need to wait on a route sometimes and get leveled. You also scramble gainst players that are just as fast, and 100 pounds heavier.

Long Live the King

Comment

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/1/...ighlights-2018

FWIW

Comment

Thanks for your posts on LJ, bigpoppy: they have compiled the stats and arguments in LJ's favor well. From everything I've read about him, I'd like to see what sitting behind Eli under Shurmer's guidance can do for him. As you pointed out, he has shown consistent growth as a passer which indicates he knows he won't be able to do in the NFL what he did in college. I would take him at 34 in a heart beat, especially after trading down from #2 overall to get extra picks. In other threads, I've suggested trading down to get extra picks and then using some of those extra picks to trade up from #34 to get him. My only fear is a scrambler at 211 lbs. Sitting for a year of two would hopefully see him bulk up a bit as well.

Comment

Id take a shot on him in the 2nd or 3rd, but not a 2nd overall. His weight scares me
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by bringsimmsback View Post

Thanks for your posts on LJ, bigpoppy: they have compiled the stats and arguments in LJ's favor well. From everything I've read about him, I'd like to see what sitting behind Eli under Shurmer's guidance can do for him. As you pointed out, he has shown consistent growth as a passer which indicates he knows he won't be able to do in the NFL what he did in college. I would take him at 34 in a heart beat, especially after trading down from #2 overall to get extra picks. In other threads, I've suggested trading down to get extra picks and then using some of those extra picks to trade up from #34 to get him. My only fear is a scrambler at 211 lbs. Sitting for a year of two would hopefully see him bulk up a bit as well.
                  all i did was post an article i found LOL

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                    all i did was post an article i found LOL
                    I could've sworn you posted elsewhere about him - answering some of LJs critics to point out some of the statistics and other points in his favor. If not - than thanks to whomever did

Comment

Originally posted by bringsimmsback View Post

I could've sworn you posted elsewhere about him - answering some of LJs critics to point out some of the statistics and other points in his favor. If not - than thanks to whomever did
                      yeah i'm sure i did lol... there are always 3 sides to every story.

Comment

I like seeing people say “Lamar Jackson can’t play QB and is gonna be switched to WR” because I know never to listen or give credence to their draft evaluations.

I remember a scout saying Russel Wilson would be moved to WR and the only time he’d get to take snaps was in the wildcat lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                          Id take a shot on him in the 2nd or 3rd, but not a 2nd overall. His weight scares me
                          i'd be surprised if he makes it past buffalo at 22

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                            I like seeing people say “Lamar Jackson can’t play QB and is gonna be switched to WR” because I know never to listen or give credence to their draft evaluations.

I remember a scout saying Russel Wilson would be moved to WR and the only time he’d get to take snaps was in the wildcat lol.
                            I feel like thats a movement created on the boards, i have yet to hear a pro evaluator say that
                            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

My concerns are more to do with his frame than his ability. I am a huge fan of his ability,including his passing ability. I said it before, he is a MUCH better prospect coming out that Michael Vick was.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

exactly. one game means nothing... any QB can have a great or terrible game. any QB. In fact all of them have both great and terrible games. it means absolutely nothing. Whether or not Lamar Jackson has the skills to succeed in the NFL at QB is yet to be seen.
                                One game? You're referring to the bad bowl game I guess? Because Lamar Jackson has a hell of a lot more than just one good game. Dude is stat machine.
                                2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                                Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                                Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                                Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
                                Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                                Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                                Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Working...
                                X