Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

http://www.redskins.com/news/article...0-aac354333e62

he is a bit all over the place atm...seen him as the number 1 overall and in round 2..... so it depends on who ya ask i suppose. i'll try to give my 2 cents on rudolph when i have time.....

haha...geez. Redskins fan...eagles fan. Can't win this year. I'll take a redskins fan over eagles fan any day.

Comment

This is a great article showing why e1 is so divided on their favorite QB prospects.

bottom line is they all show different traits as their strength. check it out>>>>>>>

for me accuracy is the first priority, but i can understand others who see it differently. I suppose that is why i'm higher of mayfield, rudolph, white, lauletta, than other folks are.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-qb-prospects Mike White, Western Kentucky: Arm Talent

7 OF 8

Shaban Athuman/Getty Images
      Arm talent is an ambiguous term often used to encapsulate multiple traits such as raw arm strength, overall accuracy and touch. However, the description fits certain prospects, such as Western Kentucky's Mike White.

White's senior season fell short of the standard he set in 2016 with 4,363 passing yards and 37 touchdowns. However, he dealt with constant pressure and still threw for 4,177 yards and 26 scores. He can overcome situations when everything else breaks down because of his outstanding arm.

The former pitcher with a 90 mph fastball committed to Stanford as a sophomore before the gridiron called. The quarterback chose football over baseball after receiving a scholarship offer from South Florida after his senior campaign.

"I had only started 13 games ever in my life before that point, my senior year of high school. I was an 18-year-old kid with 22-year-old men looking at me," White told Eric Galko of Sporting News in reference to his time at South Florida before he transferred to Western Kentucky. "But it was the best thing that could've happened to me. I grew and learned more as a leader in that first huddle than I could have any other way."

His relative inexperience remains evident, but he's grown in some areas over the last five seasons. At times, the 6'4", 225-pound signal-caller is slow to process what's happening post-snap. Other times, he looks off a safety and laces a throw to an open target. This give and take is expected from a talented, albeit progressing prospect.

White's biggest issue is a lack of pocket mobility due to sluggish feet when he's asked to reset. He's at his best when he works from a clean pocket. Unfortunately, that's rarely the case in the NFL.

Does White's natural throwing talent override a poor pocket presence? Yes, but only to a degree. White is expected to come off the board at some point during Day 2 of the draft even though he isn't viewed as a franchise-caliber prospect.

Top options: Houston Texans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers

Comment

"Mike White, Western Kentucky: Arm Talent
        7 OF 8

Shaban Athuman/Getty Images
        Arm talent is an ambiguous term often used to encapsulate multiple traits such as raw arm strength, overall accuracy and touch. However, the description fits certain prospects, such as Western Kentucky's Mike White.

White's senior season fell short of the standard he set in 2016 with 4,363 passing yards and 37 touchdowns. However, he dealt with constant pressure and still threw for 4,177 yards and 26 scores. He can overcome situations when everything else breaks down because of his outstanding arm.

The former pitcher with a 90 mph fastball committed to Stanford as a sophomore before the gridiron called. The quarterback chose football over baseball after receiving a scholarship offer from South Florida after his senior campaign.

"I had only started 13 games ever in my life before that point, my senior year of high school. I was an 18-year-old kid with 22-year-old men looking at me," White told Eric Galko of Sporting News in reference to his time at South Florida before he transferred to Western Kentucky. "But it was the best thing that could've happened to me. I grew and learned more as a leader in that first huddle than I could have any other way."

His relative inexperience remains evident, but he's grown in some areas over the last five seasons. At times, the 6'4", 225-pound signal-caller is slow to process what's happening post-snap. Other times, he looks off a safety and laces a throw to an open target. This give and take is expected from a talented, albeit progressing prospect.

White's biggest issue is a lack of pocket mobility due to sluggish feet when he's asked to reset. He's at his best when he works from a clean pocket. Unfortunately, that's rarely the case in the NFL.

Does White's natural throwing talent override a poor pocket presence? Yes, but only to a degree. White is expected to come off the board at some point during Day 2 of the draft even though he isn't viewed as a franchise-caliber prospect. "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-qb-prospects

that is a great article and will show us what we value most in a QB prospect and why folks see it differently. for me i'm higher on the guys that have accuracy & touch than others are. to each his own.

Comment

"Arm talent is an ambiguous term often used to encapsulate multiple traits such as raw arm strength, overall accuracy and touch. However, the description fits certain prospects, such as Western Kentucky's Mike White.

Does White's natural throwing talent override a poor pocket presence? Yes, but only to a degree. White is expected to come off the board at some point during Day 2 of the draft even though he isn't viewed as a franchise-caliber prospect. "
          http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-qb-prospects

I stand by what i said about Mike White: underrated arm talent and more mobile in the pocket than he is given credit for

BTW that article is a Must read...great piece... really gives insight why some people are high on some QB and not another. it is a matter of what you believe is the most valuable trait(s) for a QB. for me i'm higher on the guys with accuracy & touch, hitting receivers in stride.
          Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-07-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Mason Rudolph shouldnt be one of the "other" QBs. His potential IMO is as great as Allen.

Mayfield
            Rosen
            Darnold
            Allen
            Rudolph
            Jackson

top 6
            josh alsen profile.

article does a nice job with the pros and cons of analysis for allen

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02...qb-josh-allen/

Comment

FIFTEEN QBS in the 2018 draft>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              https://nesn.com/playlist/josh-rosen...8-nfl-draft/1/

i find it impossible to believe that only the ones taken at the top of the draft will be any good. seems highly unlikely to tun out that way. then again, who the heck is alex mcgough? LOL

Comment

Big Quinton Flowers fan, but he may get converted in the NFL.

Kyle Lauletta. I liked what I saw from him in the Senior Bowl against top competition. If we didn't have Webb, I would want him as a back up QB.
                Long Live the King

Comment

i find it impossible to believe that only the ones taken at the top of the draft will be any good. seems highly unlikely to tun out that way. then again, who the heck is alex mcgough? LOL
                  The best QB of this class will probably not be one of the top guys, because they will be going to bad teams...Someone is going to land in the perfect scheme fit and excel...

Whoever goes to Cleveland, they will be the bust.
                  Long Live the King

Comment

Following are some samples of QB draft classes since 2003 with starting QBs in 2017 boldfaced:
                    2003 QBs
                    Pick # NFL Team Player College
                    1 Cincinnati Bengals Carson Palmer USC
                    7 Jacksonville Jaguars Byron Leftwich Marshall
                    19 Baltimore Ravens Kyle Boller California
                    22 Chicago Bears Rex Grossman Florida
                    88 Houston Texans Dave Ragone Louisville
                    97 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Chris Simms Texas
                    110 Seattle Seahawks Seneca Wallace Iowa State
                    163 Pittsburgh Steelers Brian St. Pierre Boston College
                    192 Houston Texans Drew Henson Michigan
                    200 New York Jets Brooks Bollinger Wisconsin
                    201 New England Patriots Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech
                    232 Washington Redskins Gibran Hamdan Indiana
                    241 San Francisco 49ers Ken Dorsey Miami (FL)
                    2004 QBs
                    1 San Diego Chargers Eli Manning Ole Miss
                    4 New York Giants Philip Rivers NC State
                    11 Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger Miami (OH)
                    22 Buffalo Bills J. P. Losman Tulane
                    90 Atlanta Falcons Matt Schaub Virginia
                    106 Cleveland Browns Luke McCown Louisiana Tech
                    148 Chicago Bears Craig Krenzel Ohio State
                    185 Philadelphia Eagles Andy Hall Delaware
                    187 Baltimore Ravens Josh Harris Bowling Green
                    193 Indianapolis Colts Jim Sorgi Wisconsin
                    201 St. Louis Rams Jeff Smoker Michigan State
                    202 Arizona Cardinals John Navarre Michigan
                    217 San Francisco 49ers Cody Pickett Washington
                    218 Cincinnati Bengals Casey Bramlet Wyoming
                    225 Denver Broncos Matt Mauck LSU
                    248 Houston Texans B. J. Symons Texas Tech
                    250 Denver Broncos Bradlee Van Pelt Colorado State
                    2005 QBs
                    1 San Francisco 49ers Alex Smith Utah
                    24 Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers California
                    25 Washington Redskins Jason Campbell Auburn
                    67 Cleveland Browns Charlie Frye Akron
                    69 Oakland Raiders Andrew Walter Arizona State
                    85 Seattle Seahawks David Greene Georgia
                    106 Chicago Bears Kyle Orton Purdue
                    121 Carolina Panthers Stefan LeFors Louisville
                    145 Detroit Lions Dan Orlovsky Connecticut
                    152 New Orleans Saints Adrian McPherson Florida State
                    213 Baltimore Ravens Derek Anderson Oregon State
                    229 Kansas City Chiefs James Kilian Tulsa
                    230 New England Patriots Matt Cassel USC
                    250 St. Louis Rams Ryan Fitzpatrick Harvard
                    2008 QBs
                    3 Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan Boston College
                    18 Baltimore Ravens Joe Flacco Delaware
                    56 Green Bay Packers Brian Brohm Louisville
                    57 Miami Dolphins Chad Henne Michigan
                    94 New England Patriots Kevin O'Connell San Diego State
                    137 Minnesota Vikings John David Booty USC
                    156 Pittsburgh Steelers Dennis Dixon Oregon
                    160 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Josh Johnson San Diego
                    162 New York Jets Erik Ainge Tennessee
                    186 Washington Redskins Colt Brennan Hawaiʻi
                    198 New York Giants Andre' Woodson Kentucky
                    209 Green Bay Packers Matt Flynn LSU
                    223 Houston Texans Alex Brink Washington State
                    2009 QBs
                    1 Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford Georgia
                    5 New York Jets Mark Sanchez USC
                    17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Josh Freeman Kansas State
                    44 Miami Dolphins Pat White West Virginia
                    101 Dallas Cowboys Stephen McGee Texas A&M
                    151 New York Giants Rhett Bomar Sam Houston St.
                    171 San Francisco 49ers Nate Davis Ball State
                    174 Denver Broncos Tom Brandstater Fresno State
                    178 Seattle Seahawks Mike Teel Rutgers
                    196 St. Louis Rams Keith Null West Texas A&M
                    201 Indianapolis Colts Curtis Painter Purdue
                    2010 QBs
                    1 St. Louis Rams Sam Bradford Oklahoma
                    25 Denver Broncos Tim Tebow Florida
                    48 Carolina Panthers Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame
                    85 Cleveland Browns Colt McCoy Texas
                    122 Philadelphia Eagles Mike Kafka Northwestern
                    155 Arizona Cardinals John Skelton Fordham
                    168 San Diego Chargers Jonathan Crompton Tennessee
                    176 Tennessee Titans Rusty Smith Florida Atlantic
                    181 Chicago Bears Dan LeFevour Central Michigan
                    199 Minnesota Vikings Joe Webb UAB
                    204 Carolina Panthers Tony Pike Cincinnati
                    209 Buffalo Bills Levi Brown Troy
                    239 New Orleans Saints Sean Canfield Oregon State
                    250 New England Patriots Zac Robinson Oklahoma State
                    2015 QBs
                    1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jameis Winston Florida State
                    2 Tennessee Titans Marcus Mariota Oregon
                    75 New Orleans Saints Garrett Grayson Colorado State
                    89 St. Louis Rams Sean Mannion Oregon State
                    103 New York Jets Bryce Petty Baylor
                    147 Green Bay Packers Brett Hundley UCLA
                    250 Denver Broncos Trevor Siemian Northwestern

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

The best QB of this class will probably not be one of the top guys, because they will be going to bad teams...Someone is going to land in the perfect scheme fit and excel...

Whoever goes to Cleveland, they will be the bust.
                      yeah man, scheme fit & opportunity is half the battle. the QB position is utterly dependant on how good the rest of the players on the offense surrounding the Qb are. More than any other position. how easily it could be that nobody ever heard of kurt warner or roger staubach or so many other great Qbs.

frank reich was great when jim kelly was injured.or jeff hostetler for that matter. Plenty of guys, that sat behind better Qbs but could play. If they go somewhere else maybe they start. maybe they become great in their own right. the draft class is deep with talent i think.
                      Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-12-2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                        Big Quinton Flowers fan, but he may get converted in the NFL.

Kyle Lauletta. I liked what I saw from him in the Senior Bowl against top competition. If we didn't have Webb, I would want him as a back up QB.
                        i'm with ya man. i don't think flowers will ever get the chance to develop as a QB, unfortunately. I think he is a bit of a long term project, but he has a ton of upside with his running ability.

As i've said, i think kyle lauletta is a poor man's version of carson wentz. Given the right circumstances, in the right situation he could become very successful.

Comment

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/20...t-qb-big-board

Now that is a QB big board!

Comment

Putting Lauletta ahead of Rosen is a bold move. I hope that guy is advising the Browns.....Imagine if we could trade back and get Rosen, who is becoming the black sheep of the draft...

I think he'll be fine once his combine physical is completed. Injuries are my only concern, but people are giving the guy the cold shoulder. He needs a chip on his shoulder, because not much else will motivate a guy that was born rich
                            Long Live the King

Comment

mike white, kyle lauletta dn luke falk discussed>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...-kyle-lauletta

Comment

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/201...kland-raiders/

author lists 5 developmental QBs.

kyle lauletta does not make the list. Is that because he is not developmental and has higher draft stock now? i dunno

Comment

Working...
                                X