No announcement yet.

WAIT !! So who is the NUMBER ONE QB ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAIT !! So who is the NUMBER ONE QB ???

So looking at CBS Draft Prospects 2018.... They Have Mason Rudolph at # 1 ?? I thought it was a battle between USC and UCLA as who was #1 and #2.

So it got me thinking....IF and I mean IF the Giants pick a QB with the first pick. Who do you want to see them get??? I will list the top current 6. Please add a QB that is not on the list that YOU personally believe should be the one.

I like Mayfield
    Mason Rudolph ( Oklahoma )
    0%
    Lamar Jackson ( Louisville)
    6.98%
    Josh Rosen ( UCLA)
    18.60%
    Sam Darnold ( USC )
    27.91%
    Backer Mayfield ( Oklahoma )
    23.26%
    Josh Allen ( Wyoming )
    23.26%
    Last edited by brownelvis54; 01-18-2018, 07:05 PM.

Here's my post from earlier today about how all of the talent evaluators are all over the place in their QB rankings. Several saying that Mason Rudolph is the top QB prospect and a top 3 talent in the entire draft:
    http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...34#post3062834

While others have him ranked outside the top 5 for QBs (and therefore in the top 40+ overall talent in the draft). If you watch Mason Rudolph play the first thing that pops off the screen is how much air time his throws get. He has a weak arm and his passes look like they are in the air for eternity. That's not a great thing for NFL QBs. The throwing windows get smaller at the NFL level. You have to be able to zip passes into tight spaces.

Comment

What if we trade back, get Barkley, and get Lamar Jackson in the second. We would have Jackson, Barkley, ODB and Engram. That is a killer offense, or disaster waiting to happen. Either way it would make for good TV. So many question marks on these QBs this year. I'd be excited to see Lamar Jackson play for us, not sure about the other guys.

It's odd because I am always against those Mike Vick, RGIII type running QBs.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
        What if we trade back, get Barkley, and get Lamar Jackson in the second. We would have Jackson, Barkley, ODB and Engram. That is a killer offense, or disaster waiting to happen. Either way it would make for good TV. So many question marks on these QBs this year. I'd be excited to see Lamar Jackson play for us, not sure about the other guys.

It's odd because I am always against those Mike Vick, RGIII type running QBs.
        Honestly...... your scenario seems fine with me with the exception of Lamar Jackson in the second round I would take any of the five remaining quarterbacks on my list but I just don't get the Lamar Jackson love

Comment

Why do you guys like Allen so much??

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
            And Lamar Jackson? I just dont see it for those 2.

These are 6 QBs that will go in the first 40 picks IMO. Im thinking at least 4 in the 1st, maybe 5. 3 in the top 6 picks.

Comment

This is the problem with "you have to take a QB" thought process.

there is no clear #1 choice. There's not even a clear top 2.

this position is by far the hardest to pick for; i'm really worried about this draft.
              sigpic

Comment

He has the highest potential of all the QBs. He's a sleeping giant (ohh but could he be a Giant?). The negative is his stats, but if you know anything about the team he played on, the reason why his stats don't look as good because he had no OL and no WR talent (other than Gentry in 2016, he went to the NFL). If he goes to a team with a veteran QB and a good QB coach there's no reason why he doesn't become an NFL stud. He has the highest ceiling. I like him over Rosen because he can actually scramble too. He has shown he can make Aaron Rodgers level throws in college (running full speed and throwing a ball 50 yards down the field perfectly). He made throws like that over and over again. There's no body in this class that can throw a ball on the run better than him. I want the Giants to get with the "new" and get a QB who can challenge defenses with his legs and his arm. Josh Allen is that talent and he's a rare one at that.
                Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-19-2018, 12:20 AM.

Comment

What if we trade back, get Barkley, and get Lamar Jackson in the second. We would have Jackson, Barkley, ODB and Engram. That is a killer offense.

I agree to a point with that Offense Webb(and Eli) would be a fine QB add Shepard,Dwayne Harris and it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

And Lamar Jackson? I just dont see it for those 2.

These are 6 QBs that will go in the first 40 picks IMO. Im thinking at least 4 in the 1st, maybe 5. 3 in the top 6 picks.
                    We as a franchise have dealt with and struggled with our D locking down a team on 3rd and 12 only to have the QB (McNabb, Young, Vick, Rodgers ect) escape the pocket and burn us for 15 yards. I think people would like to have that on our side for once. He is a boom or bust type of guy though. He could be great or could be RGIII.
                    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

We as a franchise have dealt with and struggled with our D locking down a team on 3rd and 12 only to have the QB (McNabb, Young, Vick, Rodgers ect) escape the pocket and burn us for 15 yards. I think people would like to have that on our side for once. He is a boom or bust type of guy though. He could be great or could be RGIII.
                      I dont think he will be good at all as a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

I dont think he will be good at all as a QB.
                        but Jackson throws better than josh allen, and he runs better than josh allen. He basically does everything better than josh allen. If josh allen is the number one overall, then what does that make Lamar Jackson? Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

but Jackson throws better than josh allen, and he runs better than josh allen. He basically does everything better than josh allen. If josh allen is the number one overall, then what does that make Lamar Jackson? Just saying
                          Allen has a much stronger arm, and is tougher and bigger. I dont see Lamar lasting long in the NFL the way he plays. And I dont think much of Allen either right now. He is a long term project for QB. Maybe in 2-3 years he will develop. I just see him struggling early.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

blllahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X