Drafting Barkley may be the way to go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting Barkley may be the way to go

Then target big powerful run blocking maulers in the draft and FA.. Run the ball 30+ times a game. Barkley-Gallman-Ellison-Adams-Engram-Odell-Shep and a power run line. Would be putting Eli &/or Webb or any future QB in position to succeed.

Ok by me, as long as the Oline is addressed. My gut tells me they will draft a QB, hopefully not Rosen.

Comment

It is

Comment

Comment

With Eillison and Adams would have 2 strong blocking TEs as well that also can catch intermediate passes. As well as Engram that can line up all over the field. Barkley can also catch and make big plays out of the backfield. We may be set up perfectly to go this route the more I think about it. Can do many things with 3 TE sets and 3 play makers like Barkley, Odell, Engram while also being able to have Ellison and Adams run routes in different looks.

Can find big powerful run blockers throughout the draft as well as finding guys like Fluker last yr for reasonable deals.

Comment

God no

Comment

You take a RB in the first round, only when picking in the bottom 3rd of the draft and after you either just lost a superbowl or got really far in the playoffs and feel your team needs a RB to put your team over the top.

When it comes to list of priorities, some of you need to understand DRAFT VALUE. So let me break down something so that I don't need to see more Saquon Barkley threads.

RB's are plentiful and dare I say it, Dime A Dozen. RB's do not transcend a franchise like a QB...

Since Tom Brady has been QB, can you name all the RB's he's won with......If your answer is no, then you should already see my point. Barry Sanders was the best I ever saw, and the Lions STILL SUCKED.

Give me an Elite QB or Pass Rusher every day of the week. Give me an Elite Offensive tackle.....

YOU WILL NEVER GET A QB AS CHEAP AS A #2 DRAFT PICK AGAIN. THAT FREE'S UP A TON OF CAP SPACE AND ALLOWS YOU TO BRING IN MORE PIECES.

Taking a RB would be a terrible mistake.
              Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                You take a RB in the first round, only when picking in the bottom 3rd of the draft and after you either just lost a superbowl or got really far in the playoffs and feel your team needs a RB to put your team over the top.

When it comes to list of priorities, some of you need to understand DRAFT VALUE. So let me break down something so that I don't need to see more Saquon Barkley threads.

RB's are plentiful and dare I say it, Dime A Dozen. RB's do not transcend a franchise like a QB...

Since Tom Brady has been QB, can you name all the RB's he's won with......If your answer is no, then you should already see my point. Barry Sanders was the best I ever saw, and the Lions STILL SUCKED.

Give me an Elite QB or Pass Rusher every day of the week. Give me an Elite Offensive tackle.....

YOU WILL NEVER GET A QB AS CHEAP AS A #2 DRAFT PICK AGAIN. THAT FREE'S UP A TON OF CAP SPACE AND ALLOWS YOU TO BRING IN MORE PIECES.

Taking a RB would be a terrible mistake.
                nailed it

Comment

Why oh why are there so many Barkley posts? Aren't you folks excited about getting a new QB? Blows my mind. Abs befuddled. What is this fascination with Eli? Someone explain what's so great about him?

And this fascination with ground and pound. Can't we blow out a team 40-10. Even once? Wow do we have to try and win every game 13-10?

Geez

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                    Why oh why are there so many Barkley posts?
                    Cause he is incredible

Comment

His game stats suggest otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                        Why oh why are there so many Barkley posts? Aren't you folks excited about getting a new QB? Blows my mind.

Geez
                        Simple. Many top analysts believe Barkley is rated the top player in the draft.

I remember the Jaguars fans having the same debate last year. Many wanted to replace Bortles but they drafted Fournette at #4. The Jags went from 3-13 to 10-6 and are now contending for a Super Bowl after drafting a RB at #4.

I always here how running backs are a dime a dozen. It makes me wonder why we have such a hard time finding a good one.

Comment

Exactly, if good RBs are a dime a dozen, how come we haven't found one since the AB/BJ days?

Comment

Adams is terrible, we won't be running 3 TE sets with him. I'd rather put another lineman in as the 3rd TE. Just go 6 OL, QB, Barkley, ODB, Ellison and Engram/Shep. Would be interesting at least. Ellison is a good receiver, would be tough to cover ODB and Engram plus Barkley coming out of the backfield.

It's fun too dream. I have this bad feeling the pick will be some oddball pick like Orlando Brown who seems to be Ereck Flowers 2.0. If we go OL I really hope it is Nelson, D I want Chubb or Fitzgerald and anything else I hope for Barkley.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post

Simple. Many top analysts believe Barkley is rated the top player in the draft.

I remember the Jaguars fans having the same debate last year. Many wanted to replace Bortles but they drafted Fournette at #4. The Jags went from 3-13 to 10-6 and are now contending for a Super Bowl after drafting a RB at #4.

I always here how running backs are a dime a dozen. It makes me wonder why we have such a hard time finding a good one.
                              2016 Gurley stinks Rams have worst O in the league finish 4-12
                              2017 Gurley is an MVP candidate, Rams suddenly have #1 O and finish 11-5.

Why people continue to overlook RB is beyond me.
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                              X