Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say we DONT draft a QB in the 1st round..........................will there be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want Rosen personally. Best pure passer to come out in a while. Disagree that Webb is as good a pure passer as this kid. Love Rosen's arm, accuracy, and pocket awareness.

Shurmur is a guy known for developing young QBs. I know everyone here wants to believe Webb is going to be something special, but the odds just so heavily are against that. Most good QBs in the league were drafted in the first round, and very frequently in the top five or ten. Sure, there are exceptions in life. But to really bank on that being the case with Webb is very haphazard in my view.

The Giants are not a franchise that picks in the top three very often. They should take full advantage of the opportunity to bring in a franchise QB for the next 12-17 years.

And guess what- if they draft someone like Rosen, and both he and Webb pan out (odds of both turning into quality starters are low), then is that such a horrible thing? There will be people lining up to trade coveted picks with us for one of them. I don't think that's a bad end result. The bad end result is not taking a QB this year, having Eli continue to deteriorate, and then Webb ends up being a backup caliber guy.

Nobody on this board has any idea what Webb will be. The team itself doesn't. What we do know is that QBs taken in the third round or later over the past 15-20 years have an extremely low rate of developing into quality starters. I always laugh when people mention Wilson and Brady in defending Webb, as if those two guys are the base case. That's very silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I haven't yet seen a QB in this draft that is a better natural passer than Webb. Such a shame he didn't see the field.

Agreed,
      IMHO, if we can find a team willing to deal, we trade down and load up with multiple picks.
      If we can't get the trade done. take Barkley then nothing but OL & LB rest of draft.

Comment

The more time goes on, the less i want a qb in the 1st..... OK, if we trade down and Barkley, Nelson, Brown, Smith, Chubb, and even McGlinchey are gone, then i guess id be OK taking a qb.

Honestly i dont really want a qb, i want webb to be the guy. Give me anyone but Rosen, the injury history scares me away
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
          Brady, Montana, Wilson.............QBs drafted late. Do you see any QB going into the 2nd round or later ? It seems there is no clear choice at #1 at QB.

Chubb or Nelson.....would be great first round picks........................can we find a QB in the second round??
          Yes because once or twice in a decade a 2nd round or later QB becomes an all pro caliber player let's completely ignore darnold, rosen, allen, & mayfield and go bargain hunting again like we did last year with davis webb. Honestly if Gettleman doesn't draft a QB in the first round he should be fired immediately. We pick in the top 5 once every 10-15 years. The last time we had a pick as high as #2 was when we drafted LT nearly 40 years ago.

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
          The more time goes on, the less i want a qb in the 1st..... OK, if we trade down and Barkley, Nelson, Brown, Smith, Chubb, and even McGlinchey are gone, then i guess id be OK taking a qb.

Honestly i dont really want a qb, i want webb to be the guy. Give me anyone but Rosen, the injury history scares me away
          What do you know about Webb that would make you think he'd be a franchise caliber QB? I mean he was available in the late 3rd round and McAdoo preferred Mahomes and even considered trading up to get him. Nobody there except for Abrams, Mara, and Tisch have any idea if Webb is any good and the last time we drafted a QB around that point in the draft it was Ryan Nassib and he was terrible.

Why don't we draft a QB in the first round and then if Webb ends up beating him out so be it. I'd much rather draft a QB and have Webb go on to become our starter than not draft a QB and have Webb turn out to be the next Ryan Nassib.
          Last edited by Tito-Wooten; 01-21-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post

Yes because once or twice in a decade a 2nd round or later QB becomes an all pro caliber player let's completely ignore darnold, rosen, allen, & mayfield and go bargain hunting again like we did last year with davis webb. Honestly if Gettleman doesn't draft a QB in the first round he should be fired immediately. We pick in the top 5 once every 10-15 years. The last time we had a pick as high as #2 was when we drafted LT nearly 40 years ago.

What do you know about Webb that would make you think he'd be a franchise caliber QB? I mean he was available in the late 3rd round and McAdoo preferred Mahomes and even considered trading up to get him. Nobody there except for Abrams, Mara, and Tisch have any idea if Webb is any good and the last time we drafted a QB around that point in the draft it was Ryan Nassib and he was terrible.

Why don't we draft a QB in the first round and then if Webb ends up beating him out so be it. I'd much rather draft a QB and have Webb go on to become our starter than not draft a QB and have Webb turn out to be the next Ryan Nassib.
            So who do u deem worthy of a 2nd overall pick, the injury prone dbag concussion case?? The caveman who can't hold onto the ball in the pocket and throws more picks than our current qb??

what do u know about webb that would make you think hes not worthy of a shot??

so because ryan nassib was drafted in a similar position, thay means webb will be the same?? That's interesting logic....
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

So who do u deem worthy of a 2nd overall pick, the injury prone dbag concussion case?? The caveman who can't hold onto the ball in the pocket and throws more picks than our current qb??

what do u know about webb that would make you think hes not worthy of a shot??

so because ryan nassib was drafted in a similar position, thay means webb will be the same?? That's interesting logic....
              Ok, out of the 50+ QBs drafted in the 3rd round or later in the past 10 years how many of them have turned out to be franchise caliber players? Russell WIlson? Kirk Cousins? Dak Prescott (still debatable)? You'd rather take those odds than the 20+ starting NFL QBs drafted in the 1st round?
              Last edited by Tito-Wooten; 01-21-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Ok, out of the 50+ QBs drafted in the 3rd round or later in the past 10 years how many of them have turned out to be franchise caliber players? Russell WIlson? Kirk Cousins? Dak Prescott (still debatable)? You'd rather take those odds than the 20+ starting NFL QBs drafted in the 1st round?
                Id still rather go with BPA at #2 overall then just picking a QB because we are in top 5. If there are players that are graded high id go with those unless we needed to plug in the player/position right away then you pick it in the first round...even next year and the year after there will be good QBs in first round..by two years Eli will retire and we will see what Webb has then we get a QB to compete with Webb but having 2 QBs to prepare for the future when their contracts almost up kinda sucks. They are not getting any better sitting on the side lines

Comment

i keep saying the draft is 3 months away...during these next few months the Eli situation will be resolved..either he stays and is the starter for the entire 2018 season (Eli will not agree to be Kurt Warner 2018) or Eli isn't even on the team. Depending on what Gettleman and Eli agree on the giants will decide if and where they draft a QB

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post

Id still rather go with BPA at #2 overall then just picking a QB because we are in top 5. If there are players that are graded high id go with those unless we needed to plug in the player/position right away then you pick it in the first round...even next year and the year after there will be good QBs in first round..by two years Eli will retire and we will see what Webb has then we get a QB to compete with Webb but having 2 QBs to prepare for the future when their contracts almost up kinda sucks. They are not getting any better sitting on the side lines
                    Eli is getting cut man. We're most likely drafting a QB and either Webb or him will start week 1. Eli has nothing left in the tank I think that was abundantly clear this season no matter how many excuses the kool aid drinkers continue to make for him. We're not hiring a QB whisperer as our next head coach because we think Eli is our future.

Comment

Eli is getting cut man. We're most likely drafting a QB and either Webb or him will start week 1. Eli has nothing left in the tank I think that was abundantly clear this season no matter how many excuses the kool aid drinkers continue to make for him. We're not hiring a QB whisperer as our next head coach because we think Eli is our future.
                      I found it pretty clear too but still never know if they may give him another run and try to go all the way this year. They are not to many pieces away and we almost beat Philly twice who may be contending in the super bowl. Give him a OL and a premiere RB then he may have some left in the tank. His contract is to big for them to blow up, gettleman and next head coach may like him. Other then the Philly game though every other game, Eli looks bad...like he is stiff with no enthusiasm to play. I still wouldnt doubt if they try to go all the way with Eli though and make a good first impression if they find what the cancer was with the team this season

Comment

this is very true...whole NFL knows he is done....but knowing how the giants operate they will try and squeeze one more year out of him...but who knows, maybe gettleman/mara realize they cant run the team on sentiment and decide its time to cut Eli

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I haven't yet seen a QB in this draft that is a better natural passer than Webb. Such a shame he didn't see the field.
                          Because Eli's feelings were trampled on!
                          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

If that was true, he would have been cut after his meeting with the GM so he can make a deal with another Team! Not happening.
                            Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post

Because Eli's feelings were trampled on!
                              He can turn on those tears anytime he needs to......
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Chubb or Nelson

Comment

Working...
                                X