Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say we DONT draft a QB in the 1st round..........................will there be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post

Ok, out of the 50+ QBs drafted in the 3rd round or later in the past 10 years how many of them have turned out to be franchise caliber players? Russell WIlson? Kirk Cousins? Dak Prescott (still debatable)? You'd rather take those odds than the 20+ starting NFL QBs drafted in the 1st round?
    Well 17 out of 32 starting qbs were drafted outside of the 1st, those odds are decent.

honestly i just dont believe fully in any of these qbs, especially so much that i would take at 2 overall
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[QUOTE=Kase-1;n3064715]

So who do u deem worthy of a 2nd overall pick, the injury prone dbag concussion case?? The caveman who can't hold onto the ball in the pocket and throws more picks than our current qb??

/QUOTE]

Have you check Eli's college stats?

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post

Yes because once or twice in a decade a 2nd round or later QB becomes an all pro caliber player let's completely ignore darnold, rosen, allen, & mayfield and go bargain hunting again like we did last year with davis webb. Honestly if Gettleman doesn't draft a QB in the first round he should be fired immediately. We pick in the top 5 once every 10-15 years. The last time we had a pick as high as #2 was when we drafted LT nearly 40 years ago.

What do you know about Webb that would make you think he'd be a franchise caliber QB? I mean he was available in the late 3rd round and McAdoo preferred Mahomes and even considered trading up to get him. Nobody there except for Abrams, Mara, and Tisch have any idea if Webb is any good and the last time we drafted a QB around that point in the draft it was Ryan Nassib and he was terrible.

Why don't we draft a QB in the first round and then if Webb ends up beating him out so be it. I'd much rather draft a QB and have Webb go on to become our starter than not draft a QB and have Webb turn out to be the next Ryan Nassib.
        Truth is no one knows anything. It's all assumption and speculation. It's really a mute point to any degree of certainty. I am sure how ever it turns out there will be those that say "I told you so" as if they knew the whole time. SMH

Comment

I agree, these qb's in this draft may look good on paper. Gmen should pass, Barkley is what they need in the first round. Shurmer is going to be scouting QBs according to NFL network as soon as the ink is on the paper.

sigh sigh sigh.

Barkley is a once in a decade rb,

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Comment

Originally posted by loadedaxe View Post

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[QUOTE=PRGiant;n3065638]
              Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

So who do u deem worthy of a 2nd overall pick, the injury prone dbag concussion case?? The caveman who can't hold onto the ball in the pocket and throws more picks than our current qb??

/QUOTE]

Have you check Eli's college stats?
              Ok.... and??
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I haven't yet seen a QB in this draft that is a better natural passer than Webb. Such a shame he didn't see the field.
                I agree; they all look to be problematic For a #2 overall.
                There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by loadedaxe View Post
                  I agree, these qb's in this draft may look good on paper. Gmen should pass, Barkley is what they need in the first round. Shurmer is going to be scouting QBs according to NFL network as soon as the ink is on the paper.

sigh sigh sigh.

The only thing that may be once in a decade is his lack of consistency for such a highly praised RB. The reality is he gets knocked down in the backfield with 1st contact. AKA Paul Perkins (149th not the 2nd overall). Against Ohio State it happened 10 times. Last I looked Ohio State is not an NFL D line.
                  There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Shurmur is scouting QBs?? Yesssssssssss. Best news all day

Comment

[QUOTE=Kase-1;n3066263]
                      Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

Ok.... and??
                      He had more turnovers than Darnold, he turned out just fine.

Comment

This is my take on this. If your process has one of the qb rated as a top 5 pick then take him. What you donít do is take a qb just for the sake of taking one. If we pass on one and we suck again chances are we will be picking high again.

Now the ideal situation would be to trade back a few spots, I would stay in the top 5. Take the BPA at that spot and with the draft capital you obtained you can make a move next year if you are convinced Webb isnít the guy. Give Shurmur a year with him to evaluate him and work with him.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

The only thing that may be once in a decade is his lack of consistency for such a highly praised RB. The reality is he gets knocked down in the backfield with 1st contact. AKA Paul Perkins (149th not the 2nd overall). Against Ohio State it happened 10 times. Last I looked Ohio State is not an NFL D line.
                          Sorry but I disagree that dL on Ohio State is loaded with talent. It was by far the strength of the defense look at what it did to USC.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Sorry but I disagree that dL on Ohio State is loaded with talent. It was by far the strength of the defense look at what it did to USC.
                            They at not an NFL D-line. An NCAA schema is not as sophisticated as any Defensive Line in the NFL . Sorry that is a fact.

Comment

[QUOTE=PRGiant;n3066652]
                              Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

He had more turnovers than Darnold, he turned out just fine.
                              Just cause Darnold had less turnovers than eli doesnt mean hell be a better qb

Eli had 3k more yds, and 30 more tds in his college career

Comment

[QUOTE=Kase-1;n3067193]
                                Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

Just cause Darnold had less turnovers than eli doesnt mean hell be a better qb

Eli had 3k more yds, and 30 more tds in his college career
                                Of course it doesn't mean he's going to turn out like Eli but it's not that big of a concern. Eli played 2 more years in college that's the diff in yards and TDs. Darnold has a better completion % and QB rating.

Comment

Working...
                                X