Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants plead for no Sam Darnold: We have ‘a young Eli’

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants plead for no Sam Darnold: We have ‘a young Eli’

    On the day when Davis Webb was finally given his first first-team practice reps, Landon Collins offered his advice for the next Giants general manager, on the day favorite Dave Gettleman interviewed for the job.

    Informed the next Giants GM currently has the second pick in the 2018 NFL Draft with a chance to draft a franchise quarterback — Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold if he comes out — Collins told The Post, “Don’t draft him. Don’t do it. Davis is gonna be really good in the league when it’s his time, I promise you.”



    LINK



    https://nypost.com/2017/12/20/two-gi...-on-the-draft/

  • #2
    HUGE..............IMO

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
      On the day when Davis Webb was finally given his first first-team practice reps, Landon Collins offered his advice for the next Giants general manager, on the day favorite Dave Gettleman interviewed for the job.

      Informed the next Giants GM currently has the second pick in the 2018 NFL Draft with a chance to draft a franchise quarterback — Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold if he comes out — Collins told The Post, “Don’t draft him. Don’t do it. Davis is gonna be really good in the league when it’s his time, I promise you.”



      LINK



      https://nypost.com/2017/12/20/two-gi...-on-the-draft/
      I'm just happy Collins actually found a teammate NOT to trash in the media.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #4
        He was good “in practice”?
        Practice?
        The entire team was said to have “great practices” every week prior to stinking up the field ever week!
        Looking good in practice for the Giants is meaningless.
        The prospect of the GM taking drafting advice from Landon Collins is frightening!!
        Last edited by bigblue58; 01-20-2018, 10:38 PM.
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

        John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't see anything wrong with a player giving praise to a rookie. They see things the public doesn't. Collins might be on to something

          Comment


          • #6
            lol ... Collins has proven himself to be a great player, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

            No offense if I don’t want to base the future of this team on his musings....

            Comment


            • #7
              This from December 20th and is meaningless. Teammates usually say nice things about the back up QB. Why bash the kid? I hope Webb is the future. The thought of Webb leading us to a Super Bowl victory and people around here giving Reese credit and saying Gettleman didn't build this team makes me chuckle a bit.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

              "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

              Comment


              • #8
                If Webb turns out to be good, I know Reese will be mad...lol

                Fired after his best draft
                Long Live the King

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                  If Webb turns out to be good, I know Reese will be mad...lol

                  Fired after his best draft
                  I'd guess Reese drafted about the least number of QBs in a GM tenure as long as his, it would be funny if Webb turned out to be a great starter.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I wish Collins told the Giants not to draft Eli Apple when he had the chance.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                      lol ... Collins has proven himself to be a great player, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

                      No offense if I don’t want to base the future of this team on his musings....
                      I love the guy and he is a great player, but he really needs to just keep his mouth shut on certain issues

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dream88 View Post

                        I love the guy and he is a great player, but he really needs to just keep his mouth shut on certain issues
                        Yeah, because a guy that sees him each day doesn't know as much as the experts on the GMB!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Collins suggested the Giants draft a WR with the 2nd pick overall too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The article is over a month old and the dude wants them to draft a WR at #2. That's how you build championships lol

                            his opinion carries the same weight as yours or mine

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well players dont decide who the team drafts, so.........
                              If you respect others, they will respect you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X