Giants plead for no Sam Darnold: We have ‘a young Eli’

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post

Yeah, because a guy that sees him each day doesn't know as much as the experts on the GMB!
    The coaches see him each day as well and decided not to play him, so...there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

The coaches see him each day as well and decided not to play him, so...there's that.
      Once again, Bronx you are better than this. You and I both know BM and Reese decided to hitch their season and their future onto Geno. I feel that it was a feeling they had even before the season started. It was impossible to do it going into the season coming off the 11-5 playoff season.
      As for those that want to credit/blame Reese for taking Webb in the 3rd round, he isn't the only vote on the early picks--especially a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I'm just happy Collins actually found a teammate NOT to trash in the media.
        Who did he trash other than Apple
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Read the OP, it wasn't about the coaches...there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream88 View Post

I love the guy and he is a great player, but he really needs to just keep his mouth shut on certain issues
            And you know better than a player that sees the guy every day on and off the field, you lost all your credibility with the cancer OBJ as your avatar.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

Once again, Bronx you are better than this.
              No, I'm really not.

You and I both know BM and Reese decided to hitch their season and their future onto Geno. I feel that it was a feeling they had even before the season started. It was impossible to do it going into the season coming off the 11-5 playoff season.
              Why would Jerry Reese favor a free agent acquisition (Smith) over a guy he personally drafted (Webb)? That doesn't make any sense.

As for those that want to credit/blame Reese for taking Webb in the 3rd round, he isn't the only vote on the early picks--especially a QB.
              #87 isn't an early pick.

I have a question for you, LakeO. How did you end up president of the Davis Webb fan club?

Comment

Originally posted by The_ One View Post

And you know better than a player that sees the guy every day on and off the field, you lost all your credibility with the cancer OBJ as your avatar.
                You're right...let's bench OBJ and start Davis Webb.

Super Bowl, here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                  Well players dont decide who the team drafts, so.........
                  And neither do we.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

You're right...let's bench OBJ and start Davis Webb.

Super Bowl, here we come!
                    lol

Comment

No, I'm really not.

Why would Jerry Reese favor a free agent acquisition (Smith) over a guy he personally drafted (Webb)? That doesn't make any sense.

#87 isn't an early pick.

I have a question for you, LakeO. How did you end up president of the Davis Webb fan club?
                      I'm a fan of NY Giants. Webb is an asset already under contract. I truly like his work habits, dedication and love of the game. There's not much NOT to like from his college career. Despite Eli's struggles he has been a respectful understudy. He has the size, arm, and smarts to be an excellent pro QB.
                      Now that they selected GM Gettleman, I feel strongly they will ride with Eli. This gives Webb the opportunity to get the correct workload of a backup. If he shows well enough to unseat Eli I feel they won't hesitate to do it.
                      Although Allen and Mayfield are intriguing to me, some of the other prospects at that position have significant red flags. Lastly the Giants have holes that need to be addressed at other positions now. They just will not have the money to gamble on a QB prospect with the combination of bad contracts they are already saddled with, and the contracts they need to dole out very soon.
                      Last edited by LakeO Giant fan; 01-21-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_ One View Post

Lol relax. I didn't even say he was wrong, it's just not something he should be worrying about, it's the coaches and the front office's job to evaluate talent. And yeah I'm sure you're one of the geniuses who think we should trade our best player for draft picks. Get a clue

Comment

"You and I both know BM and Reese decided to hitch their season and their future onto Geno. I feel that it was a feeling they had even before the season started. It was impossible to do it going into the season coming off the 11-5 playoff season."

"Why would Jerry Reese favor a free agent acquisition (Smith) over a guy he personally drafted (Webb)? That doesn't make any sense."

I think they wanted to give Geno a courtesy start before moving on to Davis. I refuse to believe they wanted anything long term with Geno. How they were so clueless as to how the reaction would be to that is perplexing.

Comment

Working...
                          X