The more I think about it the more I DONT want a qb in the draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I think about it the more I DONT want a qb in the draft

Yea I am a hardcore Eli fan .... but I also wanted the future qb on this team

but man the more I think about the more I think going a different route and praying Webb is the real deal

Letís say Gettlemen can somehow build a decent line this offseason , and we draft Barkley to go along with darkwa and Gallman .... 3 headed beast.... so now does eli not only have time, he has a running game to open up things for him

as well ODB comes back , Engram is a year older as well as shepherd .... and maybe we give Marshal another chance

if it works out right that could be a major upgrade

OR

we can somehow unload JPP in a trade , or cut him use the savings on maybe an o-linemen or linebacker ?and draft Bradley Chubb

OR

MAYBE we can trade down (jets maybe ?) get an extra 2nd round pick ? Still have a chance at Barkley or Chubb then maybe we can trade JPP and get an EXTRA 2nd or 3rf round pick as well as cap saving for a free agent

I just see so many ways we can load up at other positions without using the pick on qb man

Also what do you think the chances are Gettlemen thinks about giving Flowers a shot at one of the guard positions ?

I don't want any of these QB's at #2. I'd rather have a mediocre Eli with better OL and LB talent, and Barkely at #2.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
      I don't want any of these QB's at #2. I'd rather have a mediocre Eli with better OL and LB talent, and Barkely at #2.
      I'd take a chance on Darnold, but I think the Browns will grab him or get a King' s ransom from a team who wants to move up...

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post

but man the more I think about the more I think going a different route and praying Webb is the real deal
        So, we're going to hang our future on a prayer?

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
          Not ONE of the potentially SIX first-round quarterbacks?

OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I'd take a chance on Darnold, but I think the Browns will grab him or get a King' s ransom from a team who wants to move up...
            +1. Darnold has an NFL manner about him, he'd be the one to draft if he fell.

Comment

I'd like to see the giants draft a qb or trade back for picks. If we develop 2 starting caliber qbs? One of them can always be traded for a kings ransom.

The shelf life of running backs is too short especially around here. Why not target a good back in free agency at a decent value like the cowboys did with morris?

Comment

what a shock. then im sure come 2020 we have no franchise QB op will be wondering why the giants org isnt prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  what a shock. then im sure come 2020 we have no franchise QB op will be wondering why the giants org isnt prepared.
                  I agree...even though I would want to use the pick on a playmaker as well...it be better to just get a QB to get it over with plus it be nice having a 1st round QB and Webb behind Eli knowing we have some hope for the future. WHo knows it may even make Giants way more exciting with a fresh QB but only one I really think is fun to watch is Rosen and Jackson although theres no telling if they are injury prone

Comment

Even if the Giants draft a QB they might not have a franchise QB in 2020. They need to make sure they draft an elite QB, not a Bortles or Cousins. It definitely sounds like a lot of Giants fans donít mind settling for mediocrity as long as Eli is out of the picture.

Comment

Which QB would you like to see them take? Would you be willing to take Rosen knowing his injury history?, or do you have someone else in mind?

Comment

I lost count of how many "somehows" and "maybes" are in your post OP

if the giants like one of the half dozen or so top rated QB prospects they have to take him.

if not trade back for picks

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Even if the Giants draft a QB they might not have a franchise QB in 2020. They need to make sure they draft an elite QB, not a Bortles or Cousins. It definitely sounds like a lot of Giants fans donít mind settling for mediocrity as long as Eli is out of the picture.
                          If we draft a qb and he turns out to be Cousins, id be happy. Cousins isnt a bad qb at all, hes not GREAT, but hes not bad at all
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post

Letís say Gettlemen can somehow build a decent line this offseason , and we draft Barkley to go along with darkwa and Gallman .... 3 headed beast.... so now does eli not only have time, he has a running game to open up things for him

as well ODB comes back , Engram is a year older as well as shepherd .... and maybe we give Marshal another chance

if it works out right that could be a major upgrade

OR

we can somehow unload JPP in a trade , or cut him use the savings on maybe an o-linemen or linebacker ?and draft Bradley Chubb

OR

MAYBE we can trade down (jets maybe ?) get an extra 2nd round pick ? Still have a chance at Barkley or Chubb then maybe we can trade JPP and get an EXTRA 2nd or 3rf round pick as well as cap saving for a free agent

I just see so many ways we can load up at other positions without using the pick on qb man

Also what do you think the chances are Gettlemen thinks about giving Flowers a shot at one of the guard positions ?
                            Im with ya, thw more time goes on, the less i want a QB. IDEALLY our franchise qb is Webb and we can focus efforts elsehwere.

As for trading JPP im all for it, hes too expensive for what we get in return on the field. Trade him for a 2nd or high 3rd round pick.

LOVE the idea of trading down as well, say we end up trading down to say spot 8-13 for an additional 2nd and 3rd round pick we could walk away from the draft like this

1st- LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
                            2nd- OT Tyrell Crosby, Oregon
                            2nd (trading down)- RB Derrius Guice, LSU
                            2nd (JPP Trade)- CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville
                            3rd- WR Simmie Cobbs, Indiana
                            3rd (trading down)- DE Clelin Ferrel, Clemson
                            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I definitely want to trade the #2 pick. My preferred trading partner the Jets. I'd send the #2 pick and the Giants 3rd round pick to the Jets for the Jets #1 pick the #6 overall pick, the Jets 2 # 2 picks and the Jets 3rd year Linebacker Darron Lee.
                              I'm fine with Eli and Webb behind a rebuilt line featuring a dependable Running Game and the return to the usually successful Play Action Passing Game!

Comment

Working...
                              X