The more I think about it the more I DONT want a qb in the draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

If we draft a qb and he turns out to be Cousins, id be happy. Cousins isnt a bad qb at all, hes not GREAT, but hes not bad at all
    The team should be focused on winning a SB. Cousins is allergic to clutch play.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
      Yea I am a hardcore Eli fan .... but I also wanted the future qb on this team

but man the more I think about the more I think going a different route and praying Webb is the real deal

Letís say Gettlemen can somehow build a decent line this offseason , and we draft Barkley to go along with darkwa and Gallman .... 3 headed beast.... so now does eli not only have time, he has a running game to open up things for him

as well ODB comes back , Engram is a year older as well as shepherd .... and maybe we give Marshal another chance

if it works out right that could be a major upgrade

OR

we can somehow unload JPP in a trade , or cut him use the savings on maybe an o-linemen or linebacker ?and draft Bradley Chubb

OR

MAYBE we can trade down (jets maybe ?) get an extra 2nd round pick ? Still have a chance at Barkley or Chubb then maybe we can trade JPP and get an EXTRA 2nd or 3rf round pick as well as cap saving for a free agent

I just see so many ways we can load up at other positions without using the pick on qb man

Also what do you think the chances are Gettlemen thinks about giving Flowers a shot at one of the guard positions ?
      I don't think the team has much choice, there are so many holes in the line, Flowers may be around next year by necessity. We'll see how much Pugh wants. No way I'd pay him top dollar with his injury history, and they should let Richburg walk. Jones is better IMHO. I'd cut ties with John Jerry before Flowers.

Comment

I'm honestly amazed so many people want to not draft a QB and pray that a late 3rd round QB from a weak QB class will somehow be the answer even though the odds are against it. We pick in the top 5 once every 10-15 years. I think most of you are honestly just delusional Eli fans who somehow think he's going to find the fountain of youth and revert back to the Eli of 10 years ago. Even if you want Eli to start next year, he's 37. Draft a f'ing QB. Thank god none of you are the GM.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
          The team should be focused on winning a SB. Cousins is allergic to clutch play.
          Still an above average qb, and probably better than any options elsewhere
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

I don't think the team has much choice, there are so many holes in the line, Flowers may be around next year by necessity. We'll see how much Pugh wants. No way I'd pay him top dollar with his injury history, and they should let Richburg walk. Jones is better IMHO. I'd cut ties with John Jerry before Flowers.
            Agreed when it comes to Jerry. Hes not AWFUL, but hes nothing special. If he was getting less money id be 100% on board keeping him as depth, but hes not worthy of starting.

I want Fluker and Norwell as our OGs next season. Or any combination of Price, Ragnow, Nelson, Hernandez, Braden Smith, or Isiah Wynn
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I'm inclined to agree since the NYG seem to be committed to Eli for another 2 seasons.

Why draft another clipboard holder?

Fan since 1970.
              ---------------------
              ----------------------------------------------

"Don't worry about it. It's just a bunch of guys with an odd-shaped ball." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Not ONE of the potentially SIX first-round quarterbacks?

OK.
                I don't think that this is something the OP mentioned: we don't have to use the #2 pick on a QB but can still get one later in the first. That way we have two options that can possibly work out as Eli's replacement in a year or two. While I'm not a fan of taking a QB at #2, the time to figure out our post-Eli plan is now. Based on how things go with Webb and a top 40 QB taken this year, I would be prepared to throw another pick at QB next year as well (making the picks gained from trading back that much more important). What I don't want is a "let's see if "X" develops as hoped" approach that I see teams like the Jets take. If you take that approach at any other position, you can scheme around that player to hide their short-comings until they develop or you give up and find a better player. When you have to scheme around your QB, your entire team has to be top-notch to over come their short-comings (great defense and great running game basically). Right now, we have the advantage of letting post Eli QB develop while we still have a very serviceable (IMHO) Eli for a year or two - lets use that advantage to make sure we find our next QB and use multiple picks if we have to. Worst case is we miss anyway, but this is better than the too likely scenario of swinging and missing with a #2 pick QB because we'll have to scramble for a QB in 2 years but at least the rest of the team will be stronger because of the extra picks gained from trading back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

If we draft a qb and he turns out to be Cousins, id be happy. Cousins isnt a bad qb at all, hes not GREAT, but hes not bad at all
                  No way in hell would I be happy with using the #2 pick on a QB that turns out like Cousins.
                  Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
                    Yea I am a hardcore Eli fan .... but I also wanted the future qb on this team

but man the more I think about the more I think going a different route and praying Webb is the real deal

Letís say Gettlemen can somehow build a decent line this offseason , and we draft Barkley to go along with darkwa and Gallman .... 3 headed beast.... so now does eli not only have time, he has a running game to open up things for him

as well ODB comes back , Engram is a year older as well as shepherd .... and maybe we give Marshal another chance

if it works out right that could be a major upgrade

OR

we can somehow unload JPP in a trade , or cut him use the savings on maybe an o-linemen or linebacker ?and draft Bradley Chubb

OR

MAYBE we can trade down (jets maybe ?) get an extra 2nd round pick ? Still have a chance at Barkley or Chubb then maybe we can trade JPP and get an EXTRA 2nd or 3rf round pick as well as cap saving for a free agent

I just see so many ways we can load up at other positions without using the pick on qb man

Also what do you think the chances are Gettlemen thinks about giving Flowers a shot at one of the guard positions ?
                    We get to draft any College player we want except for one, the Cleveland pick and no one wants to go there. I'm not trading down. My fear is Barkley could go to Cleveland as the first pick! Then it's QB time! We may never draft this high for many years!
                    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

I'm amazed that so few people want Rosen. He is so clearly better than these other QB prospects. Best pure passer to come out of college in a long time. I'm praying that's who we take.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Even if the Giants draft a QB they might not have a franchise QB in 2020. They need to make sure they draft an elite QB, not a Bortles or Cousins. It definitely sounds like a lot of Giants fans donít mind settling for mediocrity as long as Eli is out of the picture.
                        Isn't Eli's play the definition of mediocrity now? Why are so many people on here ok with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I'd take a chance on Darnold, but I think the Browns will grab him or get a King' s ransom from a team who wants to move up...
                          Darnold looked like the worst QB of the bunch of QBs expected to go early. He looks like a typical USC QB. And a year ago I was very very excited to see him play more. HE regressed to a point that has me questioning why he didnt stay at USC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post
                            I'm honestly amazed so many people want to not draft a QB and pray that a late 3rd round QB from a weak QB class will somehow be the answer even though the odds are against it. We pick in the top 5 once every 10-15 years. I think most of you are honestly just delusional Eli fans who somehow think he's going to find the fountain of youth and revert back to the Eli of 10 years ago. Even if you want Eli to start next year, he's 37. Draft a f'ing QB. Thank god none of you are the GM.
                            I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                              I'm amazed that so few people want Rosen. He is so clearly better than these other QB prospects. Best pure passer to come out of college in a long time. I'm praying that's who we take.
                              He's the best QB in the draft imo but his injury history doesn't scare you?

Comment

Can we just have one all inclusive message board ? You move my thread to ďdraftĒ that has little trafffic .... man this mod is like a child

Comment

Working...
                                X