Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surely - if we want Barkley (which has been touted on these boards), we cannot trade down with the hope of getting him (also touted on these boards)!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely - if we want Barkley (which has been touted on these boards), we cannot trade down with the hope of getting him (also touted on these boards)!

In my opinion, there is no way Colts will pass up on him and even if they do, the Browns won't pass on him for the second time.

Both could pass up on him. You never know what will happen. It's all over the board where he might go. Chubb, Fitzpatrick and Ro Smith are all very solid guys that could help any team that needs D help. You have a couple OTs, one of which might get picked early and of course Nelson. There is also a chance that someone trades up to the 3 or 4 slot to get a QB they want.

Bottom line is you never know. If he is head and shoulders way better than anyone else we should take him at #2. Trading back and getting Nelson (or Chubb) could be just as good though if we think they are close. Would you rather have Nelson/Guice/Billy Price or Barkley/Billy Price? This is assuming Price/Guice are there in the second. If Denver wants a trade I think we have to take it.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by UK-BigBlue View Post
      In my opinion, there is no way Colts will pass up on him and even if they do, the Browns won't pass on him for the second time.
      He might go to the Browns, he's that good!
      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Maybe we shouldn't draft Barkley! This is perhaps the evidence we need (copy and pasted from another post I made): Look at the RBs in the Super Bowl matchup. James White/Dion Lewis vs Jay Ajayi/LeGarrette Blount. LOL, talk about a group of mediocre running backs! James White was drafted in the 4th round, Dion Lewis was drafted in the 5th round, Jay Ajayi was drafted in the 5th round, and Legarrette Blount was undrafted. If there's any info that proves we SHOULD NOT draft Barkley this is it.

Notice how all the stud RBs had difficulty running the football in these playoff games! Fournette started off the game well, but at the end of the game he was averaging like 1-2 yards per carry. Basically it was a wasted play every time he ran the ball. Use this comment as reference when arguing someone that says: "We must draft Barkley". Just send them to this post. None of the 1st round RB talent made it to the Super Bowl or carried their team to the Super Bowl this year.

Not Todd Gurely, Fournette, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian McCaffrey, etc. Good defense beat those running backs and good QB play. It just shows you that a 4th and 5th round RB can be good enough to get you into the playoffs! Offensive line is the most important thing. Brady wasn't hit that much in his game and neither was Nick Foles.
        Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-22-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

No way can we trade down AND get Barkley. If we trade down, we can get Damien Harris from Bama, Derrius Guice from LSU, or Royce Freeman from Oregon any of them would be a great back to have in the 2nd
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I think we have to pretend that we are interested in QBs. I think the target is Barkley,but I think the Browns could take him with 1st pick. The Browns then could snag one of the QBs with their other pick. If the Giants want Barkley,they need to show major interest in whoever the Browns really want at QB, if we can even get that info. Otherwise I see Cleveland getting Barkley and one of the top QBs..

Comment

Originally posted by whysoblue View Post
              I think we have to pretend that we are interested in QBs. I think the target is Barkley,but I think the Browns could take him with 1st pick. The Browns then could snag one of the QBs with their other pick. If the Giants want Barkley,they need to show major interest in whoever the Browns really want at QB, if we can even get that info. Otherwise I see Cleveland getting Barkley and one of the top QBs..
              Keep pretending you have a brain ...ainít working skippy

Comment

I donít have think Iíve seen any poster advocate for trading down with the hope of still drafting Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                  Maybe we shouldn't draft Barkley! This is perhaps the evidence we need (copy and pasted from another post I made): Look at the RBs in the Super Bowl matchup. James White/Dion Lewis vs Jay Ajayi/LeGarrette Blount. LOL, talk about a group of mediocre running backs! James White was drafted in the 4th round, Dion Lewis was drafted in the 5th round, Jay Ajayi was drafted in the 5th round, and Legarrette Blount was undrafted. If there's any info that proves we SHOULD NOT draft Barkley this is it.

Notice how all the stud RBs had difficulty running the football in these playoff games! Fournette started off the game well, but at the end of the game he was averaging like 1-2 yards per carry. Basically it was a wasted play every time he ran the ball. Use this comment as reference when arguing someone that says: "We must draft Barkley". Just send them to this post. None of the 1st round RB talent made it to the Super Bowl or carried their team to the Super Bowl this year.

Not Todd Gurely, Fournette, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian McCaffrey, etc. Good defense beat those running backs and good QB play. It just shows you that a 4th and 5th round RB can be good enough to get you into the playoffs! Offensive line is the most important thing. Brady wasn't hit that much in his game and neither was Nick Foles.
                  I disagree with this angle.

The same could be said about the level of the QB's that were in the conference championship games. Only Brady is a true franchise QB - shall we not draft a QB because these teams got there without a star QB? Many different ways of winning.

No 1st round QB is playing in the Superbowl either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
                    I donít have think Iíve seen any poster advocate for trading down with the hope of still drafting Barkley.
                    There's been plenty!

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post

Difference is that you have a WR that is likely the best in the game and surely the best playmaker from that spot; a tight end who shows serious ability to stretch the seams and run past almost any linebacker and safety; and a running back who has vision that I have not seen since the days of Faulk and maybe even Barry.

Any team that is going to crowd the box and say beat us in the air is likely going to lose that battle. All we would need to do is build a pretty good line and we could be set for years to come. The kid is ankle breaking sick and incredible anticipation.
                      Last edited by dillyyo1972; 01-23-2018, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UK-BigBlue View Post
                        Giants need to follow the old george young philosophy "draft the best player in the draft". IMO that is Barkley.

Comment

Working...
                        X