Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
    Josh allen needs to sit down now.
    exactly. he should leave well enough alone. he did what he needed to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
      Weren't you the one who had a post saying that Allen can't make any finesse passes? tee hee. :-)
      Huh? Iíve been an avid Allen supporter all year lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

exactly. he should leave well enough alone. he did what he needed to do.
        I don't know...is he still "Mr. Bust"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I hate to break this to you, but...we're ONE of those "QB starved teams"!
          We are FAR from QB starved. We have Eli and Davis Webb. That's nothing to sneeze at
          Long Live the King

Comment

I don't know...is he still "Mr. Bust"?
            i hope not. i really do. i'm impressed that he has shown what potentially looks like it could be major improvement.....maybe he isn't dead to me....

maybe 2nd round right behind mike white

that was the best half of football he's ever played.

the first half may have been the worst half he ever played lol

he ended up with a great day though. I'm actually glad for the kid.
            Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-27-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Can't watch the game....how is Allen under pressure? How about Mayfield?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post

I'll vouch for that.

I have a question for you guys. There are dozens and dozens of guys on this board that are always spouting their "knowledge" about the quarterbacks coming out of college this year. Yet, every time there's a game featuring these guys...it's always the same half-dozen or so of us watching. Where are all these other message board experts getting their "knowledge"?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post

My mistake! Wrong person. It was tdawg1413: http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...19#post3058019

Comment

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

We are FAR from QB starved. We have Eli and Davis Webb. That's nothing to sneeze at
                    We don't have Eli. We have pre-retirement Eli.

And Davis Webb? Lol.

Comment

I'll vouch for that.

I have a question for you guys. There are dozens and dozens of guys on this board that are always spouting their "knowledge" about the quarterbacks coming out of college this year. Yet, every time there's a game featuring these guys...it's always the same half-dozen or so of us watching. Where are all these other message board experts getting their "knowledge"?
                      I don't think I am any of the ones spouting my knowledge about any QBs...
                      But for me, I prefer to "study" a player at my own speed. I watch a replay of the game using any one of the apps available. Then I can Stop the tape if need be and rewatch a play to see it at a different angle. And I am not emotionally affected by any of the announcers' biases either by watching it live.

I am NOT saying my way is better than your guys' way of "studying" the players live. Actually, many professional team scouts watch the game live to analyze players. So it is definitely not a bad way to "study" players. But I just don't prefer it.

Comment

• I have been enjoying all of your personal takes on what is happening. So I will return to quietly reading your posts in the shadows ...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlue:TNG View Post

I don't think I am any of the ones spouting my knowledge about any QBs...
                          But for me, I prefer to "study" a player at my own speed. I watch a replay of the game using any one of the apps available. Then I can Stop the tape if need be and rewatch a play to see it at a different angle. And I am not emotionally affected by any of the announcers' biases either by watching it live.

I am NOT saying my way is better than your guys' way of "studying" the players live. Actually, many professional team scouts watch the game live to analyze players. So it is definitely not a bad way to "study" players. But I just don't prefer it.
                          Fair enough.

Comment

My mistake! Wrong person. It was tdawg1413: http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...19#post3058019
                            tdawg was right..he didn't throw show touch in his videos on youtube...everything was a bullet...at least from what i saw....he obviously has been working on it.... could be he has cleaned up some mechanics and been working on it getting coached up at the senior bowl practices..or maybe he just got lucky...or both

but he made some nice touch throws today.. that is for sure.

Comment

tdawg1413 is the engineer of the Saquon Barkley train, so...I'd take anything he says about any of the QB prospects with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

tdawg was right..he didn't throw show touch in his videos on youtube...everything was a bullet...at least from what i saw....he obviously has been working on it.... could be he has cleaned up some mechanics and been working on it getting coached up at the senior bowl practices..or maybe he just got lucky...or both

but he made some nice touch throws today.. that is for sure.
                                Ya know who else didn't have great "touch"? John Elway.

Comment

Working...
                                X