Senior Bowl Coverage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
    If, it came down to Wynn and Hernandez in the second round. Who would you pick and why ?​​​​
    Defensive Tackles BJ Hill and Nathsn Shepherd have looked dominate.
    That would be tough and id be happy with either, but id personally take Hernandez. The only reason is he seems to have the strength advantage, other than that they are neck and neck
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post

Thatís why I want to trade down. Iíd happily trade with the Bills if we can get both their 1sts and 2nds and a future 1st.

we could go

1a. Will Hernandez OG
      1b. Rahsaan Evans LB
      2. Isaiah Wynn OG
      2a. Tyrell Crosby LT
      2b. Derrius Guice RB
      3. Daesean Hamilton WR
      4. Kyzir White S/LB/CB
      That would be an outstanding outcome. Havent really researched Evans yet, but i loooove picks 1a, 1b, 2, 2a, 2b, and 3, not familiar with 4
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

nfl scout from denver says S armani watts was awful yesterday...OUCH
        guess he wishes he skipped the senior bowl now>>>>>>>>
        https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...b-armani-watts
        Broaddus: "Armani Watts was just awful yesterday. And Armani Watts is one of these guys from Texas A&M and I was expecting him and Dane Brugler did a great job of describing him as a 'sometimes player,' and that's what the tape is. Sometimes he's good, sometimes he's bad. And so, yesterday though, [Mike] Gesicki, the tight end from Penn State, I was thinking, 'OK, cover this guy.' He's a legitimate guy that can get down the field, somewhat of an athlete and all that. I mean, Watts got turned around two, three different times by this guy, and I'm thinking, 'My gosh, we need you to cover a little bit,' you know? And he was bad. He was bad in coverage and, again, sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't. I don't know if you really want a guy who's that inconsistent because he's that way on his tape and then yesterday you watch him, and there's some inconsistencies in the way he was playing."

Comment

Good things are coming out about Josh Allen's day 3 practice. Being listed as one of the studs in the North practice:
          https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...t-on-thursday/

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

He is so on and off, but he should not be in this situation. This is where he should shine. If he were missing guys a little bit in front or behind, you could say its just timing as him and the receivers have not worked together. When he misses way high...it's accuracy. I hope to God that the Browns fall in love with him and take him at 1. I want nothing to do with this guy.
            But still very far from any "worth a top 10 pick" kinda talk.
            2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
            Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
            Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
            Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
            Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
            Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
            Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

What I'm getting from these Senior Bowl practices is that Josh Allen is improving every day. He's making "omg, did you just see that" level of throws, then he's missing some guys due to not varying his throw speeds (just take some off and finesse the pass). His upside is seen by everyone who watches him at the senior bowl. Baker Mayfield on the other hand has been consistent, but he's been missing throws too. He has been good, but not so impressive as to wow people. He's just your every day NFL QB. Allen could be an all time great or a bust. Depending on his improvement of his game.

He's making throws like this (you can hear the guy recording it say "Ohhh". That's a 40 yard throw. Excellent touch pass.):
              https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...45411790024706

Of all the teams in need of QBs, the Giants are in a very interesting situation. They could potentially draft Allen in the beginning of the 2nd round. The reason why I say this is because all the other teams who "need" QBs, they need production now. They are in real need of a QB to start. The Giants have Eli playing next year so technically they aren't as needy as other teams. Allen could end up slipping late in the 1st round or into the 2nd round because other team just don't have the time to develop him.

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

He is so on and off, but he should not be in this situation. This is where he should shine. If he were missing guys a little bit in front or behind, you could say its just timing as him and the receivers have not worked together. When he misses way high...it's accuracy. I hope to God that the Browns fall in love with him and take him at 1. I want nothing to do with this guy.
              Eli Manning has been notorious for missing WRs high. He was like that his entire career. That's why people used to say: "Give Manning a taller WR to throw to!" then the Giants ended up getting Plaxico and Nicks. Taller QBs have higher release points.
              Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-25-2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                I don't know why people mention trading back with the Bills. No team in the history of the draft have moved from pick 21 all the way to pick 2 or above. If you go by the draft trade chart they'd have to give up EXACTLY what you are saying. Exchange 1st round picks, two additional 1st round picks, and a 2nd round pick. I can't imagine any franchise giving up that much. If the Giants were able to pull that off, cool. But man, those Bills GMs would have to be puffin the magic dragon before going into the draft to give up that much and risk it with a rookie QB. If a team is willing to give up that much for a QB, you'd have to wonder why the Giants aren't interested in that QB.
                Bills donít want to commit to Tyrod Taylor and Nate Peterman was abysmal. With all that the Bills were still able to make the Playoffs. They wonít suck enough to have a top pick and, just like Gettleman mentioned, are in QB purgatory. Now they could very well just wait to take a guy like Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph and not move up at all but I can also see a situation where they fall in love with a Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield and pull the trigger on a trade up.

Part of of it is also that the Bills can offer us what we really want. Multiple picks in the top portion in the draft while also giving us future picks for trade up ammunition if we do ever in the future fall in love with a QB prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

That would be an outstanding outcome. Havent really researched Evans yet, but i loooove picks 1a, 1b, 2, 2a, 2b, and 3, not familiar with 4
                  White is a do it all player that I think Bettcher would like. He can cover man, is big enough to play in the box, and Even played deep safety. I think heíd be a perfect TE eraser. Heís also a real good blitzer

Comment

Another one of my guys that I like has been making waves at the Senior bowl too. Darius Leonard LB from SCSU.

RosterWatch
                    RosterWatch

@RosterWatch
                    10) LB Darius Leonard, SC State - Longest-armed LB basically ever. First thought when seeing him walk up was "Deion Jones".
                    12:09 PM ∑ Jan 23, 2018

Emory Hunt
                    Emory Hunt
                    @FBallGameplan
                    .@SCStateAthletic LB Darius Leonard has been as good as advertised coming into this week. His short area coverage skills has been impressive during the practices. #SeniorBowl

Last edited by GoDeep13; 01-25-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

For those who havenít watched tape on Darius Leonard this is the only recent game cut up I can find but it gives you a good representation of Leonardís skill and intrigue.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                        For those who havenít watched tape on Darius Leonard this is the only recent game cut up I can find but it gives you a good representation of Leonardís skill and intrigue.
                        leonard looks good in coverage.

jeremiah was also high on nick deluca after seeing him at the senior bowl

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...ft-boards-byby

they also liked Uchenna Nwosu

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-chargers/post/_/id/23471/usc-lb-uchenna-nwosu-highlights-senior-bowl-prospects-who-fit-chargers-needs
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-25-2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

jeremiah was also high on nick deluca after seeing him at the senior bowl

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...ft-boards-byby
                          My problem with Deluca is he doesnít attack the run game the way I would like. Heís smooth and cerebral in zone coverage but lacks that nastiness I like in an LB. Barrett Ruud comes to mind. Ruud was a solid LB but his biggest knock was that while he would rack up good tackle numbers, many of them were vast the line of scrimmage. Rarely did he get into the backfield and play downhill.

Comment

I saw a few if you make mention of Marcus Davenport in early posts. The kid us absolutely lighting it up. McShay used the names DeMarcus Ware and LT to describe the dominant force get has been. Remember Ware came from Troy and shined in Senior Bowl

They are saying the he's unblockable and South squad blockers had no answer for him. Of course this was after 2 days of Sub par practices

Here is some highlights I found
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fTyTQtQotzc

Many links about him shining and breaking out

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...breaks-through

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/senior-bowl-2018-marcus-davenport-shines-josh-allen-stands-out-on-thursday/
                            Last edited by miked1958; 01-26-2018, 01:44 AM.
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

He is already on Clevelands Radar

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/01/2...cus-davenport/
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Ut oh and Dallas

https://www.bing-amp.com/c/s/www.blo...rcus-davenport

Kiper has him going in First Round 14th overall to GB

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...ers-first-mock
                                Last edited by miked1958; 01-26-2018, 01:04 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE

Comment

Working...
                                X