Edmunds
    Chubb
    Fitzpatrick
    Darnold
    Rosen
    Ward
    Vea
    Davenport
    Last edited by TE88; 01-23-2018, 05:58 PM.

All the Barkley backers just shot their loads

Comment

I mentioned it earlier today in another post. I was high on Tremaine Edmunds, so much so that I had him ranked higher than Roquan Smith. I was quite surprised to see Daniel Jeremiah ALSO very high on Tremaine Edmunds. In my thread about RBs that I like, I listed Bo Scarbrough as a later round gem, but I also really like Ronald Jones II. Daniel Jeremiah comes out with the shocker, listing him 12th overall in the entire draft. The funny thing is that in that RB thread I mentioned how Ronald Jones reminds me of Jamaal Charles. He mentions the same exact thing within his description. I'm glad other evaluators are noticing the same thing that I am. Makes me certain I'm not going crazy seeing these things

Quenton Nelson who I've been harping about for months now is listed as the 2nd overall player in the draft. Jeremiah is not very high on OTs, that's something I've been preaching here. I'm impressed with his big board. Of all the big boards I've seen he has many talents listed correctly in accordance with my eyes.
      Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-23-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
        I mentioned it earlier today in another post. I was high on Tremaine Edmunds, so much so that I had him ranked higher than Roquan Smith. I was quite surprised to see Daniel Jeremiah ALSO very high on Tremaine Edmunds. In my thread about RBs that I like, I listed Bo Scarbrough as a later round gem, but I also really like Ronald Jones II. Daniel Jeremiah comes out with the shocker, listing him 12th overall in the entire draft. The funny thing is that in that RB thread I mentioned how Ronald Jones reminds me of Jamaal Charles. He mentions the same exact thing within his description. I'm glad other evaluators are noticing the same thing that I am. Makes me certain I'm not going crazy seeing these things

Quenton Nelson who I've been harping about for months now is listed as the 2nd overall player in the draft. Jeremiah is not very high on OTs, that's something I've been preaching here. I'm impressed with his big board. Of all the big boards I've seen he has many talents listed correctly in accordance with my eyes.
        Guess im missing something on Jones. He looks good, but nothing great, kind of reminds me of Gallman actually LOL
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Guess im missing something on Jones. He looks good, but nothing great, kind of reminds me of Gallman actually LOL
          haha, he's not Gallman at all. Gallman is very long legged. This goes back to science 101. Speed = stride length + stride frequency. Long legs helps with overall speed over long distances if your stride frequency is high. What long legs is a negative with is quickness. The guys with shorter statures are very quick because their stride frequency is high. That's why you see all of Belichicks RBs, WRs, etc are all small. They are a mismatch for just about every linebacker in the nation who is taller and longer than them. That means they can beat LBs in quick routes because their stride frequency will kill them. Gallman is fast when he hits top speeds but he's not the quickest guy when he stops and has to go. If you watch some of his tape right now you'll see exactly what I mean. Ronald Jones (Ro Jo) is the exact opposite. He's very compact and his quickness is lightening fast. He goes from 0 to 100 real quick. I can just about guarantee you his 3 cone drill in the combine is going to be ridiculous. Gallman is good, but he reminds me nothing like Ro Jo.
          Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-23-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Most of these analysts rate Barkley as the best player in this draft. There is no one clear cut favorite outside of Barkley in this draft. However, most also state that taking a RB as high as #2 is imprudent as the value isnít there. A RB is more injury prone and less important allegedly in todayís game.

Taking Barkley at #2 is enticing because he seems to be a good bet at making it at the next level and because of his talent. However, Sam Darnold has all the physiclal QB skills you look for, he has mobility, and all the intangibles including love of the game. Weíve rarely picked this high, so grabbing a QB would be the best choice. Iím not sold on Rosenís makeup and have worries about his toughness and reliability. Darnold is the clear choice and hopeully Cleveland drafts Rosen or Allen.

If there was a way we could draft Barkley and them grab Baker Mayfield with our second pick, then Iíd be all for that. However, there are a lot of teams looking to draft a QB even with a QB rich free agent market. I dont see Mayfield lasting past the 20ís unless he bombs the combine and interviews. But you never know.

This off season is going to be one heck of a ride though. Cant wait for the draft!

Comment

Barkley is going to the Browns at #1 and taking a QB at #4.

That's my gut feeling.

Comment

He is the first I've read to rate Lamar Jackson outside of the top 20 and so far behind the Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen. I wonder how much the combine and pro workouts will end up changing his top 50.

Comment

Originally posted by bringsimmsback View Post
                  He is the first I've read to rate Lamar Jackson outside of the top 20 and so far behind the Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen. I wonder how much the combine and pro workouts will end up changing his top 50.
                  Thats cuz Lamar Jax is a tweener. Yeah he's blazing fast and almost impossible to tackle. Remember Rocky chasing the chicken? But his actual NFL QB skills are suspect.

Comment

Barkley is going to be rated #1 on most people rankings and deservedly so so that is no shock. Also think he will be too talented for the Browns to Pass especially when they can still get their QB with the #4 pick if Josh Allen is the guy they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                      Barkley is going to be rated #1 on most people rankings and deservedly so so that is no shock. Also think he will be too talented for the Browns to Pass especially when they can still get their QB with the #4 pick if Josh Allen is the guy they want.
                      I kind of want the Browns to get both Barkley and the top QB. Someone from the AFC other than the Patriots need to come out of that division. The Brown's fan base is suicidal, they could use the love.

Comment

Quenton Nelson is that good. Could be an All-Pro as a rookie. If not a QB at #2, trade between 5-10 and take him, not Saquon. There will be plenty of RB talent to be had between rounds 2-4. Also am high on Will Hernandez, Jamarco Jones or Brian O'Neil if either are there in round 2. Isaiah Wynn the OG from UGA is also really solid and could probably be had in the 2nd.

Honestly, I think there is some depth to this OL class which will definitely help us in the 2nd and 3rd.
                        1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
                        2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
                        3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
                        4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
                        X