X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettleman and Shumur eying Josh Allen

hey bronx maybe there is hope.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...li_mannin.html

Could showing interest in Josh Allen be a ploy to the Browns in picking him over Darnold or Rosen?
    sigpic

Comment

Iíd rather have Mayfield or Mason Rudolph.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
        Could showing interest in Josh Allen be a ploy to the Browns in picking him over Darnold or Rosen?
        i think they are interested, he attended the manning pass academy, and has said he would be happy to learn under manning. this kid has it. im sure of it. i watched a lot of tape he can extend plays and throw on the run.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

i think they are interested, he attended the manning pass academy, and has said he would be happy to learn under manning. this kid has it. im sure of it. i watched a lot of tape he can extend plays and throw on the run.

Some say he is very raw, doesn't have great footwork and has deep ball accuracy problems. I'd rather see the Giants draft Darnold or Rosen.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post

Some say he is very raw, doesn't have great footwork and has deep ball accuracy problems. I'd rather see the Giants draft Darnold or Rosen.
            remember big ben went after eli and rivers, i knew he was the best QB in that draft then.

Comment

Wyoming QB Josh Allen passes the eyeball test Ėuntil he starts throwing.

MOBILE, Ala. ó Josh Allen aced the morning here at the Senior Bowl on Tuesday.

He was measured at 6-foot-4 and 7/8 inches. He weighed in at 237 pounds. His right hand is 10 1/8 inches. Those are all great numbers for an NFL quarterback.

Later, Allen was a gracious, polite and patient interview subject. The Wyoming graduate shook a lot of hands, looked people in the eye and remembered names. He was charming with the child reporter who interviewed him. He diplomatically answered questions about the terrifying possibility of becoming a Cleveland Brown. He did not treat the interview session like an ordeal.

Unfortunately for Allen, the day didnít end there. Tuesday afternoon, there was practice. And letís just say that he did very little to dispel concerns about his ability to throw the football accurately. Read more.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wyoming...025702572.html
              sigpic

Comment

remember big ben went after eli and rivers, i knew he was the best QB in that draft then.
                Is he the guy with all the weapons in the world yet still can't beat the Pats
                and he rapes women

Comment

Prefer Darnold over Rosen both will take a year or two to develop with Manning tuteledge

Comment

Allen is raw and he projects nicely if he fulfills his potential. But that is a big if. He could be the next Joe Flacco or Jay Cutler at best methinks or Blane Gabbert at the other end of the spectrum.

Darnold has the highest ceiling and while he needs some coaching and polish, heís got all the nuanced skills you look for in a QB like accuracy and touch, and great makeup/intangibles. Just below him, Iíd put Mayfield. Mayfield is a gamer and throw sheer will and hard work I think he can be a very good NFL QB. Darnold and Mayfiel ld are safer bets and arguably have higher ceilings.

Allen is intruiging but no way Iíd pick him over Darnold or Mayfield. Time will tell us who was right. Canít wait to revist these threads in a few years. Some of us will either be right or eating crow.

Comment

It's encouraging to see that Gettleman and Shurmur found their way to the Senior Bowl, since Kevin Abrams couldn't be bothered to make it to Allen's bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post

Is he the guy with all the weapons in the world yet still can't beat the Pats
                        and he rapes women
                        Well, he's won two Super Bowls, so...apparently, he can beat the Pats.

Comment

baker mayfield has "it", this kid has ryan leaf 2.0 written all over him. not much production in a weal conference and a pitiful completion % plus a 2 to 1 td to interception rate.. this kid is too much of a projecta t #2 and honestly we have a better qb in webb. not sure what you are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by flimflam View Post
                            Allen is raw and he projects nicely if he fulfills his potential. But that is a big if. He could be the next Joe Flacco or Jay Cutler at best methinks or Blane Gabbert at the other end of the spectrum.
                            Don't think he'd be projected in the top 5 if that were his potential "spectrum".

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                              this kid is too much of a projecta t #2 and honestly we have a better qb in webb.
                              Really? Attend a lot of Giants practices this year, did you? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X