Gettleman and Shumur eying Josh Allen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glaw View Post

As a long time Giants fan (late 60') I've lived though way,way,way worse times than Eli's tenure, so I give Eli his due for being a critical part of getting us half our SB trophies. If you think Ben having 9 completions 2 picks and no tds in his 1st SB is the same as Eli helping us beat an 18-0 team more power to you.
    That's a silly point my friend. He did not play well in the SB.......but he had a great playoff run to get to that SB. Including beating Indy in Indy.
    So yes.....He had a huge hand in winning that championship.

And BTW...he did score a TD in that game....Just saying.........
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

As a long time Giants fan (late 60') I've lived though way,way,way worse times than Eli's tenure, so I give Eli his due for being a critical part of getting us half our SB trophies. If you think Ben having 9 completions 2 picks and no tds in his 1st SB is the same as Eli helping us beat an 18-0 team more power to you.
      I don't. I also don't think it's necessary to denigrate a guy who's had a Hall of Fame career simply because he doesn't play for my favorite team.

I have no problem with discussions about great players where somebody suggests that one is a little better than the others. But when it becomes, "My guy is great, and all the rest of them suck," that's when I find myself getting involved.

Eli Manning has been a great quarterback and, of course, my personal favorite. Ben Roethlisberger - whether or not he's beaten Tom Brady enough times - has also been a great quarterback. And Philip Rivers - though he's never won a Lombardi - is a great quarterback as well. None of them sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

i think they are interested, he attended the manning pass academy, and has said he would be happy to learn under manning. this kid has it. im sure of it. i watched a lot of tape he can extend plays and throw on the run.
        Still waiting for your film analysis. What games were his most impressive? Any particular plays/throws that support your analysis that he is a sure thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

That's a silly point my friend. He did not play well in the SB.......but he had a great playoff run to get to that SB. Including beating Indy in Indy.
          So yes.....He had a huge hand in winning that championship.

And BTW...he did score a TD in that game....Just saying.........
          Regular season Ben
          Playoff Eli
          Way better team career Ben
          Way inferior team career Eli

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I don't. I also don't think it's necessary to denigrate a guy who's had a Hall of Fame career simply because he doesn't play for my favorite team.

I have no problem with discussions about great players where somebody suggests that one is a little better than the others. But when it becomes, "My guy is great, and all the rest of them suck," that's when I find myself getting involved.

Eli Manning has been a great quarterback and, of course, my personal favorite. Ben Roethlisberger - whether or not he's beaten Tom Brady enough times - has also been a great quarterback. And Philip Rivers - though he's never won a Lombardi - is a great quarterback as well. None of them sucks.
            I don't think I said Ben sucks, probably a 1st round HOF where as Eli might take some time.
            Who would I take and who am I glad my son has as a role model, Eli, and it's not even close.

Comment

Way too early but yeah I keep posting in the draft section that by the time the draft comes around Josh Allen will likely be considered the #1 QB in this draft

Comment

Regular season Ben
                Playoff Eli
                Way better team career Ben
                Way inferior team career Eli
                You are dealing with someone that has a big Eli agenda. He would pump up Tim Tebow to knock Eli down a peg.
                Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

remember big ben went after eli and rivers, i knew he was the best QB in that draft then.
                  So you were wrong then too and chose to bring it up on your own? Strange fella

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

You are dealing with someone that has a big Eli agenda. He would pump up Tim Tebow to knock Eli down a peg.
                    Maybe he heard the 1st poster to get to 100,000 posts wins a car.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

ironic since the ops biggest complaint about Eli is inaccuracy & allen cant hit the side of a barn.

Comment

remember big ben went after eli and rivers, i knew he was the best QB in that draft then.
                        Yeah Ben probably the best from the from that year but I think honestly with his problems and Rivers aditude I really think we ended up with the QB to fit NY. As for Allen I feel any QB they take will be a crap shoot anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Yeah, kind of like Isiah Thomas did against Jordan. What a terrible basketball player Isiah Thomas was.
                          IT and the Pistons used to whip the Bulls until they got washed up.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                            It would be pretty sweet if Josh Allen's stock dropped a bit and the Giants were able to get him in the 2nd round. :-)
                            If you drafted him in the 1st he would be sitting for 2 years anyways. If you got him in the 2nd round at least his cap hit would be much lower.

Shumur, the QB whisperer could work his magic on him.
                            It's more likely that he's off the board when we're picking at #2 than it is that he's still available when we're picking at #34.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                              Way too early but yeah I keep posting in the draft section that by the time the draft comes around Josh Allen will likely be considered the #1 QB in this draft
                              He did not help himself at the Senior Bowl

Comment

The title is a bit misleading- I don't think there is anything that says the Giants are eyeing Allen, unless I missed it.

Gettleman and Shurmur being at the Senior Bowl and Allen just so happening to be there doesn't mean they are eyeing him. Neither does Allen attending the Manning passing academy with a ton of other college players.

Comment

Working...
                                X