Baker Mayfield's Official Measurements At Senior Bowl - Height, Hand size, etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
    You guys can obsess over Mayfield all you want, but there is no way he will be a Giant next year. They're not going to trade down (Gettleman has said he will draft the best player available at number 2), and there is no way they'd take him at 2nd. Also his personality will turn off Mara. The Giants don't ever go for this type of player.

It is fine to want him, but it is pure fantasy to think he'll ever play for us.
    I disagree, and think he has as good a chance as any of the top QBs to get picked by us. The FO has some serious research and decision making to do. All the QBs in this draft have some question marks. Should be an interesting journey between now and the draft.

Comment

If Rosen or Darnold had showmn up to the Senior Bowl, I wonder if guys would feel the same way about drafting Mayfield. The combine will sort things out.

Talent + Measurable's + On-field production = BPA

I think Mayfield will succeed and he is actually respectable height for the 1st round. He would be fun to watch on the Jets.
      Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Hey....That's our future QB you're talking about!
        The question then becomes is he going to the XFL or are they going to demote us to the XFL?
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
          he is actually respectable height for the 1st round.
          What do you mean by that? Manziel is the only QB taken in the 1st round in the last 15 years. I got tired of looking. It's pretty rare to take a QB that is less than 6'1" in the first round. Not saying it won't work, was just curious. I agree Mayfield to the Jets would be cool, I'd root for him.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            What do you mean by that? Manziel is the only QB taken in the 1st round in the last 15 years. I got tired of looking. It's pretty rare to take a QB that is less than 6'1" in the first round. Not saying it won't work, was just curious. I agree Mayfield to the Jets would be cool, I'd root for him.
            So now the threshold is 6'1"? What happened to under 6'? lol

Baker is a legit QB prospect. The question for me is now can he stay out of trouble.

Comment

Respectable means, he's not short enough for me to feel it will be a liability.

Jeff Garcia, Doug Flutie, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees.... A guy like Josh Rosen would not be able to play at that height, but Mayfield can in the right system, just not ours.

He's not respectable height for a top 5 pick
              Last edited by Gee718; 01-28-2018, 05:38 PM.
              Long Live the King

Comment

I agree The QB has to throw over some big guys on the D-line in the NFL. Some of the shorter QB can do it. That is one of those you got it or you don't talents

https://gooddeedseats.com/all-starti...rback-heights/

Last edited by TEM; 01-28-2018, 05:14 PM.
                There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                  A gay like Josh Rosen would not be able to play at that height
                  How much taller would a gay man have to be, to be able to play at the NFL level? hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                    How much taller would a gay man have to be, to be able to play at the NFL level? hehehe.
                    haha...major typo
                    Long Live the King

Comment

Trade the 2nd pick to the Jets for their 6th and about 3-4 more picks from this year and next.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

if you don't think he is a better QB than Tebow you need to stop watching football
                        I dont watch college football, and never said anyone was better or worse than Tebow. You ought to stop watching football and take a reading comprehension class.

Comment

Not Bad! His size won't be a problem but again it depends where he goes and which system he plays it. We're not drafting him but I will be rooting for him as a Pro when he is not playing the Giants

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                            Trade the 2nd pick to the Jets for their 6th and about 3-4 more picks from this year and next.
                            Would be astounding if they did that. As long as it includes an additional first from next year.

We can still walk away with one of Josh Allen, Minkah, Roq Smith, Nelson. Hell maybe even Darnold falls back that far.

Here's hoping Browns take Rosen and Jets fall in love with Mayfield.

For what it is worth i have heard the Broncos are 100% sold and completely all in on Mayfield at the 5.

Comment

Working...
                            X