X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They NEED to draft Barkley

Stud RB + Odell, Shepard, Engram

Beef up the OL, Jaleel Scott in mid rounds

trade the farm in a year or two when you have the pieces surrounding the next guy who will be in a much better position to succeed.

I agree. As long as they get some serious competition and upgrades for the OL in free agency, which will enable them to go best pick available at 2 which is clearly Barkley. I truly don't think this is the year to go QB in the first, I think the top QB's are majorly overrated, plus I also actually think Davis Webb has some potential. When you look at his college highlights, the top prospects in this years draft didn't do anything that Davis can't.

Comment

Originally posted by nick030567 View Post
      I agree. As long as they get some serious competition and upgrades for the OL in free agency, which will enable them to go best pick available at 2 which is clearly Barkley. I truly don't think this is the year to go QB in the first, I think the top QB's are majorly overrated, plus I also actually think Davis Webb has some potential. When you look at his college highlights, the top prospects in this years draft didn't do anything that Davis can't.
      really? can't wait to see davis webb do that!>>>>>>>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFJ8aF3b_jk

lamar is as exciting running the ball as barkley is

if he stayed in school for his senior year, he would break every rushing record there is.... just saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLhe-14uJVk
      Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-28-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Barkley is the third best option for this draft:

1. Draft franchise QB.

2. Trade back and acquire more picks.

3. Draft Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Blue Man View Post

trade the farm in a year or two when you have the pieces surrounding the next guy who will be in a much better position to succeed.
          Wouldn't "trading the farm" necessarily include some/all of the surrounding pieces? Or, do you have a stable of other good players just standing around waiting to be traded?

I love these brilliant trade strategies. "Eh, we'll just trade Eli for the entire Patriots offense." Oh, yeah? Is Belichick aware of this pending trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Blue Man View Post

There's too many good RBs in this draft to draft Barkley at the 2nd pick. If Gettleman doesn't like any of the QB's, I would love for him to trade back.

Comment

I don't think there is any chance they draft a RB if the draft position is still #2 draft night. I don't feel comfortable waiting until the mid rounds to address the Oline.
              Emperor Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                Barkley is the third best option for this draft:

1. Draft franchise QB.

2. Trade back and acquire more picks.

3. Draft Barkley
                1. Only if he is ready to play immediately.

2. Makes the most sense to me.

3. Possible.
                Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

really? can't wait to see davis webb do that!>>>>>>>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFJ8aF3b_jk

lamar is as exciting running the ball as barkley is

if he stayed in school for his senior year, he would break every rushing record there is.... just saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLhe-14uJVk
                  Well what I mean is if you look at that video rationally I see that in most of those throws Lamar has receivers WIDE open, those are easy throws to make for your typical college QB. If you see a lot of that I question whether or not the QB can actually compete with his arm in the NFL. Is he athletic? Oh definitely, but we've seen a lot of really athletic QBs and the majority of them turn out to be RGIII or Vick rather than Russel Wilson or Aaron Rodgers. We don't need an RB at QB, that's been tried and typically doesn't win championships Go back and look at some of Davis Webb's highlights, he hits his receivers deep down the field, sometimes on the run, while they're tightly covered on the money, that is what I'm talking about. When you look at the highlights you see just as much potential but in different ways. I actually think he is just as likely to succeed if given a chance as Lamar. He actually has similarities to a Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers, doesn't mean he will turn out that way, just similarities in playing style.

I don't think anyone needs a QB that can run like Vick, Vick was injured constantly, and even Rodgers is injured fairly often. I want a QB that rarely misses a game because they're the most important part of the team once they're the franchise QB. I also see in Lamar a typically sized QB meaning kind of scrawny, which means when he runs around and exposes himself he's going to get injured, he isn't as big or broad of a QB like Culpepper or Cam Newton.

See I want a running back who can take the hits while being an exceptionally talented runner, and a QB that can make all the tight throws and won't needlessly expose themselves. That's why I personally am not attracted to a QB like Lamar and would just prefer taking Barkley, or an OL, or trade back, get an extra pick and draft an OL or DL and then see what next years top QB prospects look like and if they need to, trade up to get him like they did for Eli.

Comment

Well what I mean is if you look at that video rationally I see that in most of those throws Lamar has receivers WIDE open, those are easy throws to make for your typical college QB. If you see a lot of that I question whether or not the QB can actually compete with his arm in the NFL. Is he athletic? Oh definitely, but we've seen a lot of really athletic QBs and the majority of them turn out to be RGIII or Vick rather than Russel Wilson or Aaron Rodgers. We don't need an RB at QB, that's been tried and typically doesn't win championships Go back and look at some of Davis Webb's highlights, he hits his receivers deep down the field, sometimes on the run, while they're tightly covered on the money, that is what I'm talking about. When you look at the highlights you see just as much potential but in different ways. I actually think he is just as likely to succeed if given a chance as Lamar. He actually has similarities to a Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers, doesn't mean he will turn out that way, just similarities in playing style.

I don't think anyone needs a QB that can run like Vick, Vick was injured constantly, and even Rodgers is injured fairly often. I want a QB that rarely misses a game because they're the most important part of the team once they're the franchise QB. I also see in Lamar a typically sized QB meaning kind of scrawny, which means when he runs around and exposes himself he's going to get injured, he isn't as big or broad of a QB like Culpepper or Cam Newton.

See I want a running back who can take the hits while being an exceptionally talented runner, and a QB that can make all the tight throws and won't needlessly expose themselves. That's why I personally am not attracted to a QB like Lamar and would just prefer taking Barkley, or an OL, or trade back, get an extra pick and draft an OL or DL and then see what next years top QB prospects look like and if they need to, trade up to get him like they did for Eli.
                    understood. i dont think webb is anything like aaron rodgers though, personally. webb is more of a traditional pocket passer type. he does throw a nice deep ball, similar to rothlisberger. But big ben is quick and decisive. I don't know if webb has what it takes or not.

I loved watching vick play football. To each his own. If vick had been on better teams he absolutely could have had more success.

Jackson is boom or bust in my estimation. We shall see. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the NFL regardless of what team drafts him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

understood. i dont think webb is anything like aaron rodgers though, personally. webb is more of a traditional pocket passer type. he does throw a nice deep ball, similar to rothlisberger. But big ben is quick and decisive. I don't know if webb has what it takes or not.

I loved watching vick play football. To each his own. If vick had been on better teams he absolutely could have had more success.

Jackson is boom or bust in my estimation. We shall see. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the NFL regardless of what team drafts him.
                      I know, I loved watching him play as well except for against the giants in 2010 lol. I guess what I mean is I see a perfect amount of mobility in Webb meaning he is pretty evasive, like ben, not as quick as Rodgers. he is smarter because he stays in the pocket longer and seems to have the ability to make all the throws. I don't mean to put down the Lamar option, I just look at it from a historical perspective. I usually don't understand how more players don't succeed, I mean I know why, a lot of it is mental, but I say that because I think physically nearly every player has what it takes to succeed and play really well. I mean look at Markus Kuhn, he had great size, was like the strongest guy in the league but got pushed around like he was Lamar out there playing DT lol. That is definitely just mental if you ask me, he wasn't exerting his conscious will over other players. Or even the various horrible O-linemen they've had, all have good enough size but a lot of it is mental, like Flowers for instance. Good size, and basically every issue he has is correctable because most of it is technique, meaning it's mental but he just doesn't put it all together, possibly because of his ego

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley went #1 so the Browns can have their QB/RB combo locked up all in this years draft.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley went #1 so the Browns can have their QB/RB combo locked up all in this years draft.
                          For the Browns to do that, they would basically have to value the top 3 QB's equally, and I don't see that happening.

These guys always fall in love ....

Comment

I know, I loved watching him play as well except for against the giants in 2010 lol. I guess what I mean is I see a perfect amount of mobility in Webb meaning he is pretty evasive, like ben, not as quick as Rodgers. he is smarter because he stays in the pocket longer and seems to have the ability to make all the throws. I don't mean to put down the Lamar option, I just look at it from a historical perspective. I usually don't understand how more players don't succeed, I mean I know why, a lot of it is mental, but I say that because I think physically nearly every player has what it takes to succeed and play really well. I mean look at Markus Kuhn, he had great size, was like the strongest guy in the league but got pushed around like he was Lamar out there playing DT lol. That is definitely just mental if you ask me, he wasn't exerting his conscious will over other players. Or even the various horrible O-linemen they've had, all have good enough size but a lot of it is mental, like Flowers for instance. Good size, and basically every issue he has is correctable because most of it is technique, meaning it's mental but he just doesn't put it all together, possibly because of his ego
                            to my eyes webb has not yet shown NFL "quickness" if you watch his tape side by side with ben or eli or brady even rosen.... i think you will see what i'm saying. there is an urgency/quickness and confident decision making that an NFL starter shows....a decision with confidence then ZIP, bang right to the receiver (on short & intermediate passes)

just have not seen that yet from webb.... nt saying he can't do it, i really don't know...but i've yet to see that kind of thing happening with the young lad. Maybe i'm being hyper critical, but in my estimation that is what needs to improve for him to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

For the Browns to do that, they would basically have to value the top 3 QB's equally, and I don't see that happening.

These guys always fall in love ....
                              Unlikely going to draft Barkley but i think this is the one year where you have a bunch of QB and there's no clear cut standout. Maybe Rosen but he doesn't want to play for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X