Trade down with Denver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade down with Denver

Denver is desperate for a QB, Giants should trade down with Denver for their 1st (5th), 2nd. (40th) and 3rd (71st), that would give NY 5 picks in the first 71.
    Last edited by CRH54; 01-29-2018, 09:30 PM.

Originally posted by CRH54 View Post
    Denver is desperate for a QB, Giants should trade down with Denver for their 1st (5th), 2nd. (35th) and 3rd (65th), that would give NY 6 picks in the first 65.
    Really like the idea as i'm all in on moving back, the only thing i'd add... If we're giving them their franchise guy we should get greedy and ask for next years first as well.

At 5 we hopefully can grab Q. Nelson to solidify the line, then with our second and their second we can take another Linemen and either a LB or RB (Sony Michel)

first 3 picks of Q. Nelson, Sony Michel, and best OT available

Comment

Sorry, Denver's 2nd (40th) and 3rd. (71st). That makes 5 picks in the first 71.
      Last edited by CRH54; 01-29-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Been saying this a while now. Watching how things unfold with the Redskins and Cousins. The Broncos would probably be the landing spot if Cousins can leave. I'm rooting for Cousins to work something out with the Redskins.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Denver is desperate for a QB, Giants should trade down with Denver for their 1st (5th), 2nd. (35th) and 3rd (65th), that would give NY 6 picks in the first 65.
          According to the NFL value chart(https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp) Denver's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year still won't be enough. So maybe we can ask for their 1st, 2nd, 4th, and conditional 1st??
          Emperor Tom

Comment

Originally posted by NWKEffectElement View Post

According to the NFL value chart(https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp) Denver's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year still won't be enough. So maybe we can ask for their 1st, 2nd, 4th, and conditional 1st??
            How did you come to an extra 1st round pick? The draft chart says you could possibly get another 3rd round pick. So exchange 1st picks, 2nd, 3rd, and future 3rd round. Only going back 3 spots doesn't give you that much (a future 1st round pick).

Comment

After, free agency eveverything will be much clearer.
              Rumor has it Broncos may trade for A. Smith or Cousins ( FA )

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                How did you come to an extra 1st round pick? The draft chart says you could possibly get another 3rd round pick. So exchange 1st picks, 2nd, 3rd, and future 3rd round. Only going back 3 spots doesn't give you that much (a future 1st round pick).
                I'm not 100% educated on the NFL draft rules and assumed Denver wont completely trade away their entire front end of this year's draft. With that said I guess exchange 1st, acquire their 2nd, 4th and conditional pick that could go as high as 1st round since draft values for next year isn't determined yet. The Falcons essentially did that to move up and get Julio Jones.
                Last edited by NWKEffectElement; 01-29-2018, 12:18 AM.
                Emperor Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Manning0711 View Post

Really like the idea as i'm all in on moving back, the only thing i'd add... If we're giving them their franchise guy we should get greedy and ask for next years first as well.

At 5 we hopefully can grab Q. Nelson to solidify the line, then with our second and their second we can take another Linemen and either a LB or RB (Sony Michel)

first 3 picks of Q. Nelson, Sony Michel, and best OT available
                  i like mayfield, will hernandez and nick chubb. can't take a guard at 5, that doesn't fit with gettlemans best player available.

Comment

Sorry, Denver's 2nd (40th) and 3rd. (71st). That makes 6 picks in the first 71.
                    they can get a better deal from someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

i like mayfield, will hernandez and nick chubb. can't take a guard at 5, that doesn't fit with gettlemans best player available.
                      But Quenton Nelson is arguably the best player in the entire draft. I can give you several big boards that are currently listing him as the 2nd best player in the draft. He's a rare guard talent. He's on a whole other level of talent compared to the other guards in the draft. Over his career (2,336 snaps), Nelson has surrendered just two sacks, none in the last two years, and only two quarterback hits. Just read that again and just fathom how ridiculous that is. He's playing against top teams too. He's not playing against scrub teams.
                      Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-29-2018, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Only way i would trade is for 2 firsts. One this year and one next along with a 3rd or 2nd this year.

Anything else isn't worth it.

An additional second and a 3rd that will probably bust is not worth giving up your bpa imo.

Comment

Forget the charts go look at the two recent trades up to the #2 spot. Chicago gave up a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 3rd next year to move up 1 spot. Philly gave up a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 1st next year, 2nd the year after to move up from 8 to 2. I think we could get something in that range. From Denver though their #2 this year might be more valuable than their #1 next year, considering how deep this draft is at certain spots and assuming they will be a good team next year.

I'd be happy with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd this year and 2nd next though. Like you said Nelson is a killer and we need OL help.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

But Quenton Nelson is arguably the best player in the entire draft. I can give you several big boards that are currently listing him as the 2nd best player in the draft. He's a rare guard talent. He's on a whole other level of talent compared to the other guards in the draft. Over his career (2,336 snaps), Nelson has surrendered just two sacks, none in the last two years, and only two quarterback hits. Just read that again and just fathom how ridiculous that is. He's playing against top teams too. He's not playing against scrub teams.
                            There is not a chance in hell that we take a guard at 2.

Comment

Would absolutely HAVE to have their 1st in 2019 in order to trade down

Comment

Working...
                              X