Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALLY!! A mock draft that shows the Cleveland Browns drafting Saquon Barkley with their 1st overall pick.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY!! A mock draft that shows the Cleveland Browns drafting Saquon Barkley with their 1st overall pick.

And the Giants drafting Sam Darnold with their 2nd overall pick!

It just so happens the rest of the league continues to approach a deep quarterback class, so let's take a look at an updated mock based on team need and the prospect stock market.

2018 NFL Mock Draft

1. Cleveland Browns: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

2. New York Giants: Sam Darnold, QB, USC

3. Indianapolis Colts: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

4. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

5. Denver Broncos: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

6. New York Jets: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Derwin James, S, Florida State

8. Chicago Bears: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

*9. San Francisco 49ers: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

*10. Oakland Raiders: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

Read more.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-52-approaches

Walterfootball has had the Browns selecting Barkley 1st overall for several weeks now: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

His mock was updated today apparently and he still has them taking Barkley. But we are taking Rosen in his mock. haha. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post

It just so happens the rest of the league continues to approach a deep quarterback class, so let's take a look at an updated mock based on team need and the prospect stock market.

2018 NFL Mock Draft

Read more.

If I am a browns fan I am pretty excited about Mayfield and Barkley. Crazy how much this draft could change their team.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post

2018 NFL Mock Draft

Read more.

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
          Walterfootball has had the Browns selecting Barkley 1st overall for several weeks now: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

His mock was updated today apparently and he still has them taking Barkley. But we are taking Rosen in his mock. haha. Sorry!

More than one mock out there having the Browns drafting Barkley??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alnWBQsMAoQ

Comment

If Barkley is gone at 1 and we don't trade down. I've changed my mind and want Rosen. The guy makes throws only a few nfl qbs can make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFFMOWRM3Gs

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
              If Barkley is gone at 1 and we don't trade down. I've changed my mind and want Rosen. The guy makes throws only a few nfl qbs can make.

If it's Rosen, I just hope he doesn't break down on us. He reminds me of a Chad Pennington when it comes to health.

Comment

what the hell is the infatuation with darnold and rosen? neither have shown anything that says FRANCHISE qb. stop looking at their physical characteristics and look a bit deeper. i just don't get it,,neither of these guys can hold baker mayfields jock on their best day. when it is all said and done mayfield will be the best of this class,,he has what none of the other QB's have.
                Last edited by JameyC; 02-01-2018, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                  what the hell is the infatuation with darnold and rosen? neither have shown anything that says FRANCHISE qb. stop looking at their physical characteristics and look a bit deeper. i just don't get it,,neither of these guys can hold baker mayfields jock on their best day. when it is all said and done mayfield will be the best of this class,,he has what none of the other QB's have.
                  Take a look at those throws and the footwork in the youtube link i posted.

Comment

Darnold will be the better QB. Rosen’s makeup and inrangibles, or lackthereof scare me. I feel we’d be a better team also with Mayfield over Rosen. Rosen is more NFL ready. Darnold has some turnover issues but those can be fixed. Darnold is clutch and has excellent accuracy, and a good makeup. Mayfield has a good enough arm and off the charts makeup and intangibles. Darnold and Mayfield can elevate the play of thise around him. Rosen at his best might be something like Jay Cutler or Carson Palmer. That isn’t bad but hebis also an injury worry.

Barkley at 2 is something I wouldnt hate as hebis the best player in the draft but since we’re picking this high and need a QB to replace Eli next year, it makes the most sense to take Darnold or Mayfield. They are clearly the class of this QB class. Allen has a ceacy issues, Rosen is an injury/makeup issue and any one outside of Darnold, Barkley, or Chubb at 2 is nonsensical. Taking Mayfield at 2 would be considered a “reach” but not if he’s your guy. However, in his draft, we could trade down to 3 or 5 possibly, get extra picks and still draft Mayfield which is what I would want in return for passing overr Darnold.

Things are getting crazy with january QB trades, free agent QBs and rising/falling prospects. This is arguably one of the more imortant drafts for us. All of them are but we rarelt pick second and it’s been 14 years sinxe we’ve had to think about QB. Can’t wait for the draft!

Comment

I would take Barkley first overall, if I was Cleveland.
                      Rosen ans Darnold have said in the past they don't want to play for Cleveland.
                      The fourth pick it is possible they still can get Ro
                      sen, Darnold, Allen or even Mayfield.
                      Assuming the Giants do in fact take Rosen and the Colts take Nelson or Chubb.
                      Cleveland ,still can have the pick of the litter

Comment

Would be a very smart move for the Browns. Take Barkley and get the next best QB on the board. I thought for sure they were going to pick Adrian Peterson 10 years ago, but they didn't. Maybe they learned. We would have a ton of power if they took Barkley, so I can't complain too much if that happens.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

If the Browns want Barkley and a QB then they should draft Barkley first because he may not be there at the four spot, where one of these four QB's (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield & Allen) definitely will be.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                            A police record?

Comment

I think Rosen is the best QB in this class but his injury history can't be ignored.

Comment

Working...
                              X