Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALLY!! A mock draft that shows the Cleveland Browns drafting Saquon Barkley with their 1st overall pick.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post

If it's Rosen, I just hope he doesn't break down on us. He reminds me of a Chad Pennington when it comes to health.
    Pennington was good until we broke him I think. I was at that preseason game when we blew out his shoulder.

Comment

Browns should be stoked if they got Barkley and Baker. Then again, it's the Browns. Baker would definitely fail. Any QB who they draft will fail. I'm sure of it.

It would probably end up another Trent Richardson and Johnny Manziel lol

Comment

If Cleveland takes a non-QB at 1 and we don't have a QB rated highly enough to take a #2, imagine what we could get for that pick to move back?

Comment

I know this goes along with your hope that the Giants go QB, and not Saquon, but this is not happening.

The Browns are going to draft a QB. Why wouldn't they? They have their pick of the litter at #1, and they've lacked a QB for decades. You don't hope a QB falls to you at #4, you take the QB you like at #1. It's that simple.

Unlike the Browns, the Giants have the luxury of drafting Eli's successor. However, since we still have Eli, they also have the luxury of drafting BPA (Saquon) or trading down if other teams choose to trade up. This is not a luxury the Browns have, because they do not have a legit starting QB on their roster. They'll draft QB.
          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
          Garrett Bolles - OT
          David Njoku - TE
          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
            I know this goes along with your hope that the Giants go QB, and not Saquon, but this is not happening.

The Browns are going to draft a QB. Why wouldn't they? They have their pick of the litter at #1, and they've lacked a QB for decades. You don't hope a QB falls to you at #4, you take the QB you like at #1. It's that simple.

Unlike the Browns, the Giants have the luxury of drafting Eli's successor. However, since we still have Eli, they also have the luxury of drafting BPA (Saquon) or trading down if other teams choose to trade up. This is not a luxury the Browns have, because they do not have a legit starting QB on their roster. They'll draft QB.

If this new draft consultant for the Cleveland Browns is big on Baker Mayfield, then they could very well draft Mayfield with their 1st overall pick. Or draft Barkley and then draft whichever quarterback is still available at the 4th spot.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
              what the hell is the infatuation with darnold and rosen? neither have shown anything that says FRANCHISE qb. stop looking at their physical characteristics and look a bit deeper. i just don't get it,,neither of these guys can hold baker mayfields jock on their best day. when it is all said and done mayfield will be the best of this class,,he has what none of the other QB's have.
              The only thing Mayfield has that the other QB's don't have is inflated stats. Completely and utterly inflated stats.

I couldn't disagree more with your entire post. Stop looking at Mayfield's numbers and look a bit deeper. He played in the Big 12 where defenses are non-existent, and he ran a spread offense. He was never under center, and rarely threw from the pocket. His WR's were always WIDE open. He rarely had to throw the ball into a tight window. His athleticism, which was a big part of his success in college, will not translate to the NFL. He won't be able to break the pocket and scramble as often. When he does he's more than likely going to break down....like every other QB who relies on their athleticism in the NFL.

On the other hand, if you watch any of Rosen's tape (the link above from Darksaint is just one example) you'll see he consistently stands tall in the pocket and delivers deep, accurate throws into tight windows. Same goes with Darnold, when he isn't running for his life behind his poor OL.

We see QB's like Mayfield every other year, and they don't translate. Everything about him screams bust to me. Hopefully the Browns draft him #1.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                If Barkley is gone at 1 and we don't trade down. I've changed my mind and want Rosen. The guy makes throws only a few nfl qbs can make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFFMOWRM3Gs
                I think Rosen is a statue whose injuries could come back to bite any team that picks him. He will be a stat machine but thatís all I see. The leadership, moxie, size/strength and mobility donít seem to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                  what the hell is the infatuation with darnold and rosen? neither have shown anything that says FRANCHISE qb. stop looking at their physical characteristics and look a bit deeper. i just don't get it,,neither of these guys can hold baker mayfields jock on their best day. when it is all said and done mayfield will be the best of this class,,he has what none of the other QB's have.
                  Mayfield is a punk and is gonna flame out.

Comment

Working...
                  X