Round 2! The 2018 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

could you imagine if they got both barkley and jackson....... wow .... the NYG could have the most dynamic offensive weapons the NFL has ever seen. Now ya got me thinking! lol
    Yeah that would be very interesting. I think Shurmur could probably do some great things with that. I break my mocks down into categories.

Excitement - Barkley 1, Jackson 2
    Big heavy - Trade down to 5, Nelson 1, Hernandez 2a, Chubb 2b, Crosby 3
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I'd love to see us trade down in round 2, actually. Being the #2 in each round provides a lot of options, and with our lack of talent and depth at key areas, along with our limited cap room (I believe?), adding as many draft picks as possible isn't a terrible idea.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
      Garrett Bolles - OT
      David Njoku - TE
      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
        Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
        Billy Price C Ohio State
        Arden Key LB LSU
        Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
        Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise State
        Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon
        Brian O'Neill OT Pitt
        Martinas Rankin, OT Mississippi State
        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Round 2, Pick 16 (48): Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State

"Jamarco Jones is safer than most of the other tackle prospects who will be on the board at this point (Connor Williams and Chukwuma Okorafor). Jones doesn’t do anything great, but he is a consistent blocker and at the very worst can hopefully step in for Joe Barksdale should he not return to the team (or if he’s simply more talented). This coaching staff seems to get the most out of their offensive line, so Jones is going into a situation that would be best for him.

The Chargers’ outperformed the very low expectations placed on them this season. Russell Okung was a Pro Bowler and the interior was very solid. With Forrest Lamp and Matt Slauson returning from injury, it only gets stronger. Adding a solid tackle who can develop into a starter quicker than most should be a priority with Telesco’s first few selections."
          https://boltbeat.com/2018/02/01/los-...-mock-draft/2/
          Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-02-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
            I'd love to see us trade down in round 2, actually. Being the #2 in each round provides a lot of options, and with our lack of talent and depth at key areas, along with our limited cap room (I believe?), adding as many draft picks as possible isn't a terrible idea.
            fair enough. what do ya get in the trade? who do you pick with the picks?

Comment

Kyle lauletta QB

If the Giants don't go QB in round 1....
              arm strength, accuracy, some mobility
              needs to clean up some mechanics, but they all do

the kid can zip it
              what is there not to like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPqpczv7B3Y

Comment

Round 2 is almost certainly going to be an interior guy. Just which one?

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                  Round 2 is almost certainly going to be an interior guy. Just which one?
                  My thought as well. There could be some really solid OG types on the board. I'd give RB and LB a chance too depending how round 1 shakes out (who we pick, trades ect).
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

OT Orlando Brown
                    OT Connor Williams
                    OT Tyrell Crosby
                    OG Will Hernandez
                    OG Billy Price
                    OG Isiah Wynn
                    RB Sony Michel
                    RB Derrius Guice
                    LB Tremaine Edmunds
                    CB Jaire Alexander
                    QB Lamar Jackson
                    Last edited by Kase-1; 02-02-2018, 07:49 PM.
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Derrius Guice - He reminds me a LOT of Ezekiel Elliott. When you see his running style it's like a clone of him.
                      Ronald Jones - I've said it in my past thread about him, reminds me of Jamaal Charles.
                      Sony Michel - Has the same burst as LeSean McCoy, not as dynamic of an RB though.
                      Isaiah Wynn
                      Rashaan Evans

I'll just do 5 people. The person I'd like to see slip into the 2nd round is Josh Allen. It is a possibility in my opinion because a lot of the teams that are QB needy want to win now. Josh needs a year to sit and learn imo. Because of that I think the Giants are the only team in need of a future QB that also have the place for him to sit and learn. Browns want a QB to play now, so do the Jets, and the Broncos. The Cardinals don't have a starter, the Bills wanted to bench their starter. One of those teams is going to sign Kirk Cousins too. If Josh Allen last later in the 1st round the Giants would have to trade up because I highly doubt another team doesn't try to do the same thing (like the Browns for instance if they pass on him in the 1st round). Because the Bills have back to back picks in the 1st round I'd assume they would select a QB at 21 or 22 if Allen was there. He has played in cold weather throughout his career too. He'd be the perfect QB for the elements. The Giants would probably have to trade back into the first round to get him at pick 20. So if the Giants traded back in the first round to pick 5, selected nelson, collected a few picks, then traded back into the 1st round at pick 20 to select Allen with the picks they collected. They would get their starting guard and future QB while hardly losing anything. Not bad imo. Plus since Allen is selected towards the middle-end of the 1st round his salary hit is much less than if he was selected at pick 2.

I'm in the camp that believes that because of the CBA (limited practices), drafting a player to play LT in his rookie year is crazy. So I'm just not a fan at all with drafting a LT early in the draft. I think you are better off trying to nab a LT talent in free agency so you have someone who is a vet. If you are drafting an LT in the 2nd round you are basically saying: "He's a future LT of ours and is a backup player right now".

I will say I've watched none of the WR talent or DT talent since I think there's slim to no chance we draft either in the first two rounds.
                      Last edited by compaqnigg; 02-03-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Just an observation about this class, but I think the strongest position of round 2 is going to be RB. There are some quality guys in this range.
                        sigpic

Comment

Malik jefferson goes in round 1 but connor williams does not in latest mock draft>>>>>>>>>>>

https://247sports.com/college/texas/...ound-114587653
                          h

Comment

https://scout.com/nfl/denver-broncos...ft-114610572/7

check out orlando brown and connor williams write ups, as both being considered at 5 overall by the broncos writer

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                              arden key is a top 10 prospect.
                              https://beargoggleson.com/2018/02/04...out-arden-key/

article about the enigma

Comment

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/2/4...port-ny-giants

brian o neil in round 2?

e1 was high on him, but struggled at the senior bowl. got beat by marcus davenport badly in the senior bowl game. was not a good look for him.
                                but he also had one of the best blocks in the entire senior bowl week. he pulled out and took a cb about 15 yards down the field. poor little guy got demolished by Oneal LOL. he could be the best pulling lineman in the class. but is being good in space enough of a reason to like him that high? it remains to be seen if he can be a stud or a dud. has really intriguing upside but is not there yet IMHO. i personally think round 2 is too high to take Oneal but.....we shall see

Comment

Working...
                                X