For those wanting us to address QB "later"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those wanting us to address QB "later"

Shea Patterson, Jarrett Stidham, and Will Grier?
    The 2018 draft cycle is in full swing, but it's not too early to look at next season.
    Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 02-01-2018, 06:17 PM.

Shea Patterson imo may be that dude.

Correct me if i am wrong, but didn't he win that young High School qb competition that has been going on for about a decade?

I remember the show on nfl network a year ago or so.

They showed the graphic of previous winners and it was a complete list of who is who in the nfl.

Aaron Rodgers. Cam Newton and many more i can't remember.

Basically it showed that if you win this competition your chances of being a top notch nfl qb were sky high.

Comment

Honestly, if we dont draft a QB at #2, I hope we dont draft one unless one of the top 5 fall. We already have Davis Webb as that later draft pick we know nothing about.
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
        Shea Patterson imo may be that dude.

Correct me if i am wrong, but didn't he win that young High School qb competition that has been going on for about a decade?

I remember the show on nfl network a year ago or so.

They showed the graphic of previous winners and it was a complete list of who is who in the nfl.

Aaron Rodgers. Cam Newton and many more i can't remember.

Basically it showed that if you win this competition your chances of being a top notch nfl qb were sky high.
        This one?

https://247sports.com/Article/Do-Eli...n-col-53362797

Comment

Yea that might be it. I remember them showing a graphic of the winners and it had Rodgers and others so it impressed me.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
            Yea that might be it. I remember them showing a graphic of the winners and it had Rodgers and others so it impressed me.
            Well, neither here nor there. The gist of the article I originally posted is that the 2019 quarterback draft class looks pretty thin...so, those who think we'll just address the quarterback situation next year might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Comment

Pretty sure those who think we can address the qb situation without using the number 2 pick either think with a rebilt oline we can win with eli or they see a qb that will slip into the second that we can grab or they want to give webb a shot.
              So why would any of those people care about a college prospect from next years draft?

most of the people in that group are hoping to be picking 32nd next year.
              Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post
                Pretty sure those who think we can address the qb situation without using the number 2 pick either think with a rebilt oline we can win with eli or they see a qb that will slip into the second that we can grab or they want to give webb a shot.
                So why would any of those people care about a college prospect from next years draft?

most of the people in that group are hoping to be picking 32nd next year.
                ...which helps bolster my point. What kind of quarterback are we going to get with a 32nd pick, especially when that draft class is already thin?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

...which helps bolster my point. What kind of quarterback are we going to get with a 32nd pick, especially when that draft class is already thin?
                  Who is going to talk you off the ledge if they dont take a QB at 2?
                  Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

I agree with your point. I haven't read any other articles than the one you posted but have heard a few commentators make the same observations. We need to draft a QB this year so we have two shots, the draft pick and Webb, as a worthy successor to Eli. Even if the draft class of next year projected stronger, I would still want to draft a QB this year because we may find Eli is done next year and I don't want to delay the transition another year if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Who is going to talk you off the ledge if they dont take a QB at 2?
                      Don't worry yourself too much...I won't jump (but I'm touched that you care).

I'll probably just get a good laugh every time I read a post from somebody here complaining about why we keep sticking with Eli even though he's not performing. I might have to gently remind them why we're in that position in the first place, but...no big deal. We'll just end up having this same argument again next year.

Good times!

Comment

...no not really. If we are picking 32nd its already mission accomplished. And surely means another year with eli.
                        If fixing the oline works we are set till eli hangs it up and when he does we can go get a qb.
                        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

...no not really. If we are picking 32nd its already mission accomplished. And surely means another year with eli.
                          If fixing the oline works we are set till eli hangs it up and when he does we can go get a qb.
                          Oh, you don't need to draft a QB a year or two before you need him to start? OK.

Comment

think this guy will open some eyes soon.
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

think this guy will open some eyes soon.
                              has better accuracy than josh allen.
                              https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...flowers-1.html

Comment

Working...
                              X