Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any chance at all that we go Defense in round 1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any chance at all that we go Defense in round 1?

With or without a trade down....
    This year our defense was such a problem no matter how much our other woes overshadowed that fact.
    ​​​​​

The Giants can look into a possible replacement for Eli Apple, and finally address ILB in the early rounds. Another factor is if the Giants switch to a 3-4 scheme. My choices would be:

DT - Vita Vea (2nd, if available), Greg Gaines (4-5th)
    DE - Rasheem Green (2nd), Duke Ejifor (2nd), Tyquan Lewis (3-4th)
    ILB - Malik Jefferson (2nd), Josey Jewell (3rd), Leighton Vander Esch (3rd)
    CB - Any number of CB available (4-7th)

Comment

Bradley Chubb is the only top 3 defender

Long Live the King

Comment

No. There is no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by u2good View Post
          The Giants can look into a possible replacement for Eli Apple, and finally address ILB in the early rounds. Another factor is if the Giants switch to a 3-4 scheme. My choices would be:

DT - Vita Vea (2nd, if available), Greg Gaines (4-5th)
          DE - Rasheem Green (2nd), Duke Ejifor (2nd), Tyquan Lewis (3-4th)
          ILB - Malik Jefferson (2nd), Josey Jewell (3rd), Leighton Vander Esch (3rd)
          CB - Any number of CB available (4-7th)
          It depends how the FA blitz goes for the Giants. If the Line can be rebuilt with Free agents. I don't see how with the current cap situation It is plausible they take a defender in the 1st.
          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Not much of a chance but sure. Gettleman knows the value of the DL and Chubb is a stud. Fitzpatrick is also a stud and can replace Apple. Say we trade down to #5, Barkley and Nelson are both off the board. Who do we take then? Chubb would be the obvious choice IMO.

For the record I doubt it happens, but it certainly could.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

If JR was here, we'd go CB. Guaranteed.

I think Chubb is a legit option. More so if we trade down. The kid is an absolute stud against, both, the run and the pass. We're also in desperate need of DE production/rotation. This would give us 3 legit DE's, similar to what we had during our SB runs.

It's definitely on the table.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

If we trade down there are a few guys that would be worth looking at

LB- Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Rashaan Evans
                DE- Bradley Chubb
                CB- Minkah Fitzpatrick

if we stay at 2, take Edmunds and Evans off the list and even then i wouldnt be thrilled. In short Chubb, Fitzpatrick and MAAAAYBE Smith are worthy of a top 5 pick
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                X