Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Hires Scott McCloughlan - big Mayfield supporter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cleveland Hires Scott McCloughlan - big Mayfield supporter

    Very Interesting ....

    https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/br...-as-consultant


  • #2
    Just listened to a clip of him on the Doug Gottlieb show (not sure how to post link).. He is asked: You have to pick one QB to lead your franchise, who is it going to be? Without hesitation, he says: Baker Mayfield.

    Comment


    • #3
      I wonder if heíll pick Mayfield #1. I think the Giants should either pick Darnold, Mayfield or Barkley #1, probably in that order. I was worried Cleveland would pick Darnold or Barkley first. Going to be anninteresting draft. The so called experts are saying Mayfield isnít a Top 10 pick, but if you feel heís the QB to lead your franchise, you grab him.

      There hasnít been this many polarizing prospects in the draft in a long time. A lot of people will be eating crow in a few years when we look back at this one. This draft is going to make or break our next few years. Luckily enough, we have Gettleman now instead of Reese.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        Just listened to a clip of him on the Doug Gottlieb show (not sure how to post link).. He is asked: You have to pick one QB to lead your franchise, who is it going to be? Without hesitation, he says: Baker Mayfield.
        They can get Mayfield with the 4th pick probably
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

          They can get Mayfield with the 4th pick probably
          "Probably" doesn't cut it if he's your guy ... if he's your guy, you take him at 1.

          Comment


          • #6
            There was a mock draft out there taking Mayfield and Barkley. Talk about a way to change a team around overnight. Almost like what the rams did with Goff and Gurley. But the browns could do it in the same day.
            [SIGPIC]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
              There was a mock draft out there taking Mayfield and Barkley. Talk about a way to change a team around overnight. Almost like what the rams did with Goff and Gurley. But the browns could do it in the same day.
              I don't see Barkley getting by the Colts, if they don't trade down, and he isn't taken 1 or 2 (and quite frankly, I'd prefer we do not take him at #2).

              Comment


              • #8
                I wanted Mc Cloughan involved with the Giants.
                At this point in time, GM'S and scouts will change there opinions, near draft time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

                  I don't see Barkley getting by the Colts, if they don't trade down, and he isn't taken 1 or 2 (and quite frankly, I'd prefer we do not take him at #2).
                  I don't know...McDaniels comes from a system where they make great use of late round picks at the RB position ....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                    I don't know...McDaniels comes from a system where they make great use of late round picks at the RB position ....
                    Could be, guess we'll see at draft day

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Smoke screens are part of pre-draft. I think they take 2 QB's and move Kizer for an additional pick. They seem like they want to throw as much **** against the wall, and they'll start whomever sticks.
                      Long Live the King

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Would be funny. Draft Darnold 1st then Mayfield 4th pick

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          He's taking Darnold man.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            Just listened to a clip of him on the Doug Gottlieb show (not sure how to post link).. He is asked: You have to pick one QB to lead your franchise, who is it going to be? Without hesitation, he says: Baker Mayfield.
                            Is that a pod?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                              Would be funny. Draft Darnold 1st then Mayfield 4th pick
                              I want to say that the Raiders did something equally as dumb as that. I don't know why but I swear I remember the Raiders selecting WRs in the 1st round in multiple drafts in a row, and all of those WRs ended up being busts. Off their team within several years.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X