Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Day 2018: How do you feel when we pick....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Day 2018: How do you feel when we pick....

Obviously things can change between now and April, but how will you feel, your initial gut feelings, when they announce our pick of...

Josh Rosen
    Sam Darnold
    Saquan Barkley
    Quentin Nelson
    Bradley Chubb
    Baker Mayfield
    The Giants have traded their pick to Denver
    The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills
    Conor Williams
    Tremaine Edwards
    Roquan Smith
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Josh Rosen - I'll be shocked and will hate it until he shows he can be healthy.
    Sam Darnold - Will be disappointed and doubtful he can perform.
    Saquan Barkley - Will be very excited to have such a weapon.
    Quentin Nelson - Will be relieved that we are starting to fix the OL.
    Bradley Chubb - A little surprised but hopeful he can bring back the nascar formation.
    Baker Mayfield - Very surprised, but excited to see him play.
    The Giants have traded their pick to Denver - Very happy and nervous to see who comes off the board.
    The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills - A bit disappointed and will pray some talent falls that far.
    Conor Williams - Pretty surprised and hopeful that he can actually perform at LT.
    Tremaine Edwards - Shocked, would be a sick OLB for our new 3-4 D though.
    Roquan Smith - Shocked, would be a very good ILB for our new 3-4 D.

Barkley and Nelson are my big hopes for the year. I think there are some other very talented guys as well. All the QBs scare me, Mayfield is probably the most exciting of the 1st rounders though, Lamar Jackson too but I think he could be a 2nd round (combine pending).
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Gut Feeling is that Gettleman goes with a player that can make a INSTANT IMPACT with them sticking with Eli at QB and continuing to develop Davis Webb who Shurmur already said himself he thought highly of Webb in last years draft

If Cleveland don't take him with the #1 pick I think the Giants rush their card up within seconds and snatch him. If Cleveland Takes Barkley #1 then Bradley Chubb and a Sleeper is Tremaine Edwards who I think will work his way up to a Legit Top 5 Prospect during the Work Out Process.

ND fans so I would be very happy with taking Nelson, not sure about taking him at #2 but then again not sure if you can trade down and get him either. Nelson was better than Zack Martin was at ND IMO and that is saying A LOT! Zack Martin went 16th in the 1st Round, Nelson will likely go much higher than that. But fully expecting Gettleman to address the Offensive Line with Free Agents, particularly Andrew Norwell who Gettleman found as a Undrafted Rookie Free Agent

Comment

Josh Rosen- cool
        Sam Darnold- cool
        Saquan Barkley- not happening
        Quentin Nelson- not happening
        Bradley Chubb- not happening
        Baker Mayfield- not happening
        The Giants have traded their pick to Denver- cool
        The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills- cool
        Conor Williams- not happening
        Tremaine Edwards- not happening
        Roquan Smith- not happening

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
          Josh Rosen - I'll be shocked and will hate it until he shows he can be healthy.
          Sam Darnold - Will be disappointed and doubtful he can perform.
          Saquan Barkley - Will be very excited to have such a weapon.
          Quentin Nelson - Will be relieved that we are starting to fix the OL.
          Bradley Chubb - A little surprised but hopeful he can bring back the nascar formation.
          Baker Mayfield - Very surprised, but excited to see him play.
          The Giants have traded their pick to Denver - Very happy and nervous to see who comes off the board.
          The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills - A bit disappointed and will pray some talent falls that far.
          Conor Williams - Pretty surprised and hopeful that he can actually perform at LT.
          Tremaine Edwards - Shocked, would be a sick OLB for our new 3-4 D though.
          Roquan Smith - Shocked, would be a very good ILB for our new 3-4 D.

Barkley and Nelson are my big hopes for the year. I think there are some other very talented guys as well. All the QBs scare me, Mayfield is probably the most exciting of the 1st rounders though, Lamar Jackson too but I think he could be a 2nd round (combine pending).
          Would you take Tremaine Edwards at the 2nd spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
            Gut Feeling is that Gettleman goes with a player that can make a INSTANT IMPACT with them sticking with Eli at QB and continuing to develop Davis Webb who Shurmur already said himself he thought highly of Webb in last years draft

If Cleveland don't take him with the #1 pick I think the Giants rush their card up within seconds and snatch him. If Cleveland Takes Barkley #1 then Bradley Chubb and a Sleeper is Tremaine Edwards who I think will work his way up to a Legit Top 5 Prospect during the Work Out Process.

ND fans so I would be very happy with taking Nelson, not sure about taking him at #2 but then again not sure if you can trade down and get him either. Nelson was better than Zack Martin was at ND IMO and that is saying A LOT! Zack Martin went 16th in the 1st Round, Nelson will likely go much higher than that. But fully expecting Gettleman to address the Offensive Line with Free Agents, particularly Andrew Norwell who Gettleman found as a Undrafted Rookie Free Agent
            What did you expect Shurmur to say? That he thought Webb was garbage when they looked at him before last year's draft?

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
              Josh Rosen- cool
              Sam Darnold- cool
              Saquan Barkley- not happening
              Quentin Nelson- not happening
              Bradley Chubb- not happening
              Baker Mayfield- not happening
              The Giants have traded their pick to Denver- cool
              The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills- cool
              Conor Williams- not happening
              Tremaine Edwards- not happening
              Roquan Smith- not happening

So your response if it happens is to deny that it happened? Awesome.
              "Next man up"

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

What did you expect Shurmur to say? That he thought Webb was garbage when they looked at him before last year's draft?
                He could have said nothing, or said he didn't watch much tape of him cause they were not looking for a QB or any other number of things. Either way it doesn't matter much.

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Would you take Tremaine Edwards at the 2nd spot?
                Me? Nope. Who knows what will happen in April though. He is working his way up draft boards from what I can tell.
                "Next man up"

Comment

So your response if it happens is to deny that it happened? Awesome.
                  Makes no sense to debate things that are never happening in a million years. **shrugs

Comment

Josh Rosen - happy
                    Sam Darnold - OK
                    JOSH ALLEN -OK
                    Saquan Barkley - very unhappy
                    Quentin Nelson - unhappy
                    Bradley Chubb - unhappy
                    Baker Mayfield - nauseous
                    The Giants have traded their pick to Denver - unhappy
                    The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills - very unhappy
                    THE GIANTS HAVE TRADED THEIR PICK TO THE JETS - NAUSEOUS
                    Conor Williams - very unhappy
                    Tremaine Edwards - very unhappy
                    Roquan Smith- very unhappy

Added the two options in bold because I think they are live possibilities. Jets might actually be most likely to trade up, with Denver reportedly looking at the FA QB market and the Bills' first round pick not nearly as desirable.

Tags: None

Comment

Whoever they pick or what they do I will be cool with . I have already my opinions on the cautions of some prospects. The FO knows what their plan is.
                      There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Josh Rosen - Very excited because the medical team examined him and gave a pass. Top notch QB, lets get a OLINE!!!
                        Sam Darnold - Excited! Think he could be a great QB in the future if coached properly.
                        Saquan Barkley - BARF ... wasted pic on a fantasy player. He does not fit the needs of the NYGs
                        Quentin Nelson - If we trade down to Denver or below I would LOVE this! Highly doubt he is there at pick 11 let alone the bills pick.
                        Bradley Chubb - no thanks
                        Baker Mayfield - 100 percent excited. bring on the wins! I am on the baker train.
                        The Giants have traded their pick to Denver - yup yup get that Quentin Nelson.
                        The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills - WTF no no no.... maybe if we get picks this year and next year but really no unless there is a greater plan.
                        Conor Williams - who?
                        Tremaine Edwards - yay i guess
                        Roquan Smith - yay i guess

NovaScotian
                        Last edited by NovaScotian; 02-06-2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Wow the feelings are pretty much all over the place. This will be interesting to say the least.
                          "Next man up"

Comment

Obviously things can change between now and April, but how will you feel, your initial gut feelings, when they announce our pick of...
                            Josh Rosen - Happy overall. Very concerned, however, with injuries

Sam Darnold - Ecstatic. My #1 QB at this point. Think he has all the intangibles and think he's an ideal candidate to sit behind Eli for 1-2 years.

Saquan Barkley - Ecstatic. I've been talking about him for 2 seasons, and never thought we'd be in position to draft him. Never been a fan of drafting a QB high, but Barkley is the exception. Kid is going to be a stud. He'd have the biggest immediate impact for us.

Quentin Nelson - Very happy....ecstatic if we got him after trading down.

Bradley Chubb - Not happy at #2, but love the player. I'd end up being OK with it once I saw him on the field. He's a monster against the run and the pass.

Baker Mayfield - Not happy. Screams bust.

The Giants have traded their pick to Denver - Happy

The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills - Happy

Conor Williams - Not happy at #2

Tremaine Edwards - Not happy at #2

Roquan Smith - Not happy at #2, but love the player.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                            Garrett Bolles - OT
                            David Njoku - TE
                            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Josh Rosen - I would climb up the tallest coconut tree out here, swing around as I howled in disgust, and begin throwing coconuts as headshots, causing concussions to the locals who are used to falling nuts and the damage anyway and I could avoid detection with my skillset and not howling why him for the love of God a lot, and throwing out my own shoulder at my age as coconuts are heavy, and needing surgery for a shoulder, and my own concussion as I tried to climb down the tree with one arm.

Sam Darnold - I'd be numb with it, but tear up as another team took Quenton Nelson.

Saquan Barkley - I'd be shocked, and then puke some rice back into my mouth, but probably eat it again, as puked rice has more flavor.

Quentin Nelson - I would celebrate with a soapy massage, and get drunk for an entire week....maybe two. Two is amazing.

Bradley Chubb - I'd be hesitant, as I believe he might be a bit overrated, and wonder how we would deal with the cap.Then settle in.

Baker Mayfield - I'd celebrate with a normal massage, and drink a glass of wine, maybe a bottle.

The Giants have traded their pick to Denver - Anticipation of Nelson that would become more drama I could handle....the coconut tree might become taller then if we then picked Ronald Jones as Gettleman found him more explosive a running back.

The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills - If Cordy Glenn was part of the deal, be happy and begin enjoying the drops and looking at guard and linebacker.

Conor Williams - A sick feeling, as this would be a bigger reach then Flowers. I would take him in the Bills trade however...at 20 ish....needs more strength and coming off a bad injury.

Tremaine Edwards - At 2, I would not be happy. BUT....he's going to be a stud. In play at Bills trade, even possibly at 5 or 6 trade, if sadly, Nelson was gone.

Roquan Smith - Again, a reach for me at 2, but he's a good fit for the new defense. This would be Bills trade movement area I would hope for....another player our new defense needs. Hopefully in a Bills trade, we get Glenn, and then pick up Smith and Hernandez...and a 1 pick next year.

Josh Allen - I'd actually be okay with that pick as well...because of who the head coach is, and what he brings.

Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Working...
                              X