Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Day 2018: How do you feel when we pick....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

What did you expect Shurmur to say? That he thought Webb was garbage when they looked at him before last year's draft?
    If he wasn't familiar with the kid I'm sure he would say he wasn't very familiar with him

Comment

Flub for chubb
      Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
        Flub for chubb
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3T-cRIjW9k

chubb had great production in college^^^

according to the analytics, the NYG team was worse on defense then they were on offense last season believe it or not.
        chubb, roqoun smith or tremaine edmunds type of a pick, would be one of many alternaitives,

but they could trade down and still do get one of them.

Comment

chubb is going top 5.... My top 5 currently is

Darnold
          Rosen
          Chubb
          Nelson
          Barkley

Long Live the King

Comment

Josh Rosen - will not be excited but won't be mad, have to trust the process - We get Eli all over again
            Sam Darnold - will not be excited but won't be mad ,have to trust the process- i like Rosen better less things to fix
            Saquan Barkley - would be happy
            Quentin Nelson - not a big fan but have to trust the process
            Bradley Chubb - would be happy
            Baker Mayfield - not this high would be upset
            The Giants have traded their pick to Denver - depeds what we get
            The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills - depends what we get
            Conor Williams - need to research him more.
            Tremaine Edwards - need to research him more
            Roquan Smith - like him but not at #2

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
              chubb is going top 5.... My top 5 currently is
              Darnold
              Rosen
              Chubb
              Nelson
              Barkley
              That is definitely the top 3 players and the top two QBs, I just wonder if it'll work out that way. I kind of doubt it will, although I think it should.

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post
              Josh Rosen - will not be excited but won't be mad, have to trust the process - We get Eli all over again
              I'm confused by the Eli comment. Eli is #2 All Time in the NFL for consecutive starts, Rosen hasn't been cleared to play since his last concussion and already had shoulder surgery.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Current Vegas odds on number one pick (BetOnline):

Darnold +150
                Rosen +200
                Allen +225
                Barkley +650
                Mayfield +800

Comment

The only QB I want is Darnold at #2. If not him then trade the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                    The only QB I want is Darnold at #2. If not him then trade the pick.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Call me an optimist but ill be excited no matter who we pick. Im hopeful we assess one of the QBs as the guy, and that he shines for us from day 1, but I think most of those guys could be potential Franchise players. probably Darnold or Mayfield would get me most excited.

Comment

I have my opinions about players, but I also recognize that I am working with a lot less information than the guys picking. I do not get to see results from personality tests, interviews with past coaches, doctors, private practices etc. Furthermore, system suitability also matters a great deal and we know very little about the offensive system that will be implemented here. So in general, we on the boards all have a blind spot here. For a lot of these guys that really matters. Take a guy like Rosen for example, it is a massive difference for him. Mostly, all I have is tape. So in that regard, if the Giants select a guy whose tape I have questioned, well then I have to assume they either didnt agree with me or the other info they garnered was all very good.

I have been pretty critical of Darnold's tape. Personally, I would rate him lower than Jackson and Mayfield. I thought I was crazy, but to my surprise it appears Walterfootball partially agrees with me on this rating Jackson above Darnold as well. That said, if we select Darnold, I would just chalk it up to someone in the front office seeing something in all the extra information they have, that I do not. If we select Rosen, I would chalk it up to very good personal meetings with the team and good doctors exams.

The only way I get really upset is if we reach for a guy. Or if we select a guy for a position that we are already strong. For example, I think Fitzpatrick and James are amazing prospects. But we have Collins already playing that position.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                          Whoever they pick or what they do I will be cool with . I have already my opinions on the cautions of some prospects. The FO knows what their plan is.
                          I'm with you. I love how fans think they actually know how good a player is going to be from watching them on TV and reading opinions over overrated "experts" on TV and the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                            Josh Rosen- cool
                            Sam Darnold- cool
                            Saquan Barkley- not happening
                            Quentin Nelson- not happening
                            Bradley Chubb- not happening
                            Baker Mayfield- not happening
                            The Giants have traded their pick to Denver- cool
                            The Giants have traded their pick to the Bills- cool
                            Conor Williams- not happening
                            Tremaine Edwards- not happening
                            Roquan Smith- not happening

I disagree. Barkley and Mayfield are definitely in play. I don't know why you are dismissing them as possibilities. I agree on the others though...

Comment

I don't really know the last 3 names I will learn them as the time to the draft goes on. Trading back I could be open to it, hopefully not too far back. Darnold or Barkley I would love.

Here comes the "But".... Josh Rosan there are just too many reports of him not respecting authority and not getting along with teammates. I'm afraid he's a Ryan Leaf. That guy on ESPN Todd whats his name has a big red flag on him. Really hope we don't take him, but most mocks have us taking him.

I personally would take whichever player Cleveland doesn't Darnold or Barkley. It would take a boat load of high draft picks to have me trade back. 3 1sts and 3 2nds lets start there. Otherwise I pick one of the top 2 I just mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                                I have my opinions about players, but I also recognize that I am working with a lot less information than the guys picking. I do not get to see results from personality tests, interviews with past coaches, doctors, private practices etc. Furthermore, system suitability also matters a great deal and we know very little about the offensive system that will be implemented here. So in general, we on the boards all have a blind spot here. For a lot of these guys that really matters. Take a guy like Rosen for example, it is a massive difference for him. Mostly, all I have is tape. So in that regard, if the Giants select a guy whose tape I have questioned, well then I have to assume they either didnt agree with me or the other info they garnered was all very good.

I have been pretty critical of Darnold's tape. Personally, I would rate him lower than Jackson and Mayfield. I thought I was crazy, but to my surprise it appears Walterfootball partially agrees with me on this rating Jackson above Darnold as well. That said, if we select Darnold, I would just chalk it up to someone in the front office seeing something in all the extra information they have, that I do not. If we select Rosen, I would chalk it up to very good personal meetings with the team and good doctors exams.

The only way I get really upset is if we reach for a guy. Or if we select a guy for a position that we are already strong. For example, I think Fitzpatrick and James are amazing prospects. But we have Collins already playing that position.

I hear where you are coming from in regarding positions we are strong, however Fitzpatrick is so versatile and apt at free safety, as well as in the box....he can even cover as a CB. As far as James and his ability to play all over the field, he and Fitzpatrick are probably two players out new DC is whispering into Gettleman's ear to get...his defense thrives with these type players. The sacks would go up by any of these two secondary players. Bettcher would love his new toy, and confusing the offense is his specialty.

Agreed on QB, a young stud franchise QB....but positional players I believe you always go BPA. IMHO of course.
                                Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Working...
                                X