Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Larry Allen was in this draft, would you take him #2 overall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Larry Allen was in this draft, would you take him #2 overall?

Don't think anybody here would say no.

NFL Comparison: Larry Allen

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profil...son?id=2559948

Hey Gettleman - just make the correct, non-sexy, WINNING football move. Do not overthink this one. Take the high-floor, high-ceiling 100% sure thing. You cannot go wrong. Build the foundation. It's gotta start with Nelson.

Trade down to 5 to still get him if you can.

No. You can get an OL in the second round. We need to take Ryan Leaf.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
      No. You can get an OL in the second round. We need to take Ryan Leaf.
      Larry Allen was taken in the 2nd round

Facts font > Sarcasm font

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post

He would go #1 overall in a Re-Draft

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post

if only re drafting was real

Comment

Actually, his son Larry JR is a senior at Harvard.
            Last year he was listed as possible draft pick.
            But, he on the small side compared to his old man.
            Probably , Dallas draft him latel or UDFA.
            Last edited by fifthavephil; 02-06-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Oh that is a fun game.

Fact Ryan Leaf was taken #2 overall.
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Oh that is a fun game.

Fact Ryan Leaf was taken #2 overall.
                So was Wentz your posts are irrelevant

Comment

I just checked that draft out, and he may well have. Depending on who was picking Marshall Faulk may have still been picked before him. That was a terrible draft for us. Sehorn was a nice pick, but the rest of it was simply awful.

Comment

It is easy to make the pick after the fact. That is why none of us are GMs
                    Last edited by TEM; 02-06-2018, 07:11 PM.
                    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Don't think anybody here would say no.

NFL Comparison: Larry Allen

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profil...son?id=2559948

Hey Gettleman - just make the correct, non-sexy, WINNING football move. Do not overthink this one. Take the high-floor, high-ceiling 100% sure thing. You cannot go wrong. Build the foundation. It's gotta start with Nelson.

Trade down to 5 to still get him if you can.
                      IF we can get FA Solder for LT and get Nelson our line could upgrade big time. Fluker , Wheeler , Jones fill out the other starters. We Have to think about Nelson at #2 because our Oline is really really really really bad. The Philly Oline performance in the SB was convincing enough for me the importance of the Oline...

Comment

The premise is flawed.It presumes there aren't any good players at QB or other positions.

a better question would be:
                        Would you have taken larry allen rather than the QBs in these drafts?>>>>>>>>>>
                        http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-5-nfl-history

Comment

So was Wentz your posts are irrelevant
                          You know this can go on forever. Drew Brees and Dan Marino were 2nd rounders. So I would take Allen with the #2 pick and just take a QB in the 2nd since you can get HOF QBs in the 2nd round. If my posts are irrelevant why do you reply to them?

"Next man up"

Comment

I like where this thread is going...more Nelson, and less Barkley.

If we don't go QB, Nelson is the best offensive linemen I've seen in college in decades, a QB playing guard with his eyes....I actually mean I can't find ANY bad tape on him.

2,336 snaps..... Nelson has surrendered just two sacks.... none in the last two years..... and only two quarterback hits.

THAT. IS. ABSURDLY. PHENOMENAL.

Oh, he's a run blocking machine as well. One player. A guard. Improving the passing game, and creating lanes for the running game.

Gettleman better begin his trigger creep at that draft board, and directly as to how we can get Nelson playing as the best hog of all the moliies.
                            Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

PLEASE DRAFT THIS MANNN!!!!!

you think he'd be there at 5 or 6 if we were to trade down with the jets or broncos?

Pugh likely gone aand still a ? at LT. this guy at LG would be phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
                              X