I really don't want Rosen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't want Rosen

I get he is a polished passer, but I can't understand how all these "experts" have us taking him. He's not special enough to be worth the risk between his concussions, shoulder injuries and hearing a lot of negative things about his attitude towards the game. Give me Barkley Darnold or Allen any day over him. Darnold and Allen have the higher ceiling in my opinion anyway and if you pair either one with Shurmur and Eli mentoring, it could be fun to watch. And obviously Barkley is Barkley.. Still my number one choice.

Allen is so sloppy compared to Rosen lol. Darnold has some really bad throwing motion that may or may not be coach-able. No one is taking Barkley at #2 dude... The draft is deep at running back. Rosen would be a savior here.

Comment

For me its as simple as he's already had several concussions, and he makes the builds of Eli and Webb look like Adonis(he could get a concussion from the meadowlands wind).In addition to this major flag, he lives on social media and most importantly is not a good teammate.

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
        I get he is a polished passer, but I can't understand how all these "experts" have us taking him. He's not special enough to be worth the risk between his concussions, shoulder injuries and hearing a lot of negative things about his attitude towards the game. Give me Barkley Darnold or Allen any day over him. Darnold and Allen have the higher ceiling in my opinion anyway and if you pair either one with Shurmur and Eli mentoring, it could be fun to watch. And obviously Barkley is Barkley.. Still my number one choice.
        Rosen imo is the best QB in this draft but his injuries is concerning.

Comment

I don’t want Rosen, Allen or Jackson. It’s either Darnold, Mayfield, Barkley or Chubb, in that order. Hopefully Cleveland falls in love with Jackson, Allen or Rosen and takes one of them. I’m ok with them taking Barkley letting Darnold or Mayfield fall into our lap. Of course if we draft a QB, we better restructure some contracts *cough* Eli *cough* so we can improve the team and fill holes.

Comment

If not for the concussions, he'd be the man, but having those so close together can pose a major health issue. Pretty much takes him off my board.

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
              What do Allen and Darnold do better than Rosen?

not much.

If if there’s a guy you take over Rosen, IMO it’s Mayfield.

Comment

I really don't want Mayfield. In nearly every highlight I've seen, he rarely throws from the pocket and the WR, more often than not, seems to be wide open. The offense he ran in college simply doesn't translate to the NFL. I could be wrong, but everything about him screams bust.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                Garrett Bolles - OT
                David Njoku - TE
                Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Rosen is a pure pocket passer, not much in the way of play extending...WITH concussion issues before he's even legally allowed to buy a beer...oh,and a bad shoulder that required shoulder surgery....the right one, he throws with. Lol! Add to that he is an elitist, and has been called by a top scout as the biggest asswhole you ever met, and not the greatest of teammates according to many players. Add this to the fact he's the "leader", and THE man.....hell, I'd red flag any 1st rounder with these concerns.

Oh, he's going to be the 2 pick QB?

If there is a QB that needs to go slip sliding down a muddy foxhole into the depths of a second day pick hell, it's this walking, talking red, flag. I don't care if he spins it like a Dan Marino on steroids (he doesn't) .... he's an easy pick to stay away from. Hopefully we show a ton of interest....interview him 12 times a day, show him around NYC, buy him a few slices and sneak him off to a nice club that has a hot tub, as he enjoys those....send the smoke signals up high enough other teams will be feeling the Giants are going to draft another rotten apple. Then, draft day....head to the podium and announce Baker Mayfield (hell, I'd take the other beach boy Darnold before the walking wounded damaged dude) or a trade back, and Quenton Nelson.
                  Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaScotian View Post
                    Allen is so sloppy compared to Rosen lol. Darnold has some really bad throwing motion that may or may not be coach-able. No one is taking Barkley at #2 dude... The draft is deep at running back. Rosen would be a savior here.
                    I'd rather have a guy who we can develop in terms of throwing motion or sloppiness with a qb guru coach and a 2 time super bowl mvp qb, rather then a guy who already had multiple concussuons and shoulder surgery in college without seeing Aaron Donald or Von Miller in his face yet. At the end of the day.. I think that even though the number 2 pick is rare, Barkley is a rare enough talent to take at that spot. If he' t he has to be a pick. I still feel like we have holes but with a couple of good FA moves and a solid draft we can make a playoff run with Eli.

Comment

Rosen is good...but those injuries are an issue. Who knows what type of person he is. The Giants will have to do due diligence. If all is true about him...he doesn't seem to fit the profile of what shurmur and gettleman want in a player.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

What do Allen and Darnold do better than Rosen?

not much.

If if there’s a guy you take over Rosen, IMO it’s Mayfield.
                        They take a hit better.

Here is the thing with Rosen. He suffered his second concussion on November 24th. A month later he still was not cleared by doctors and never played again. How anyone could feel comfortable taking him is beyond my understanding. If he was as good a prospect as Peyton Manning I would have trouble taking him, he isn't that good so it is an easy pass for me.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Rosen is an Eagles fan.
                          7,065 Likes, 311 Comments - Josh Rosen (@josh3rosen) on Instagram: “In 2005 my grandma said she would die if the eagles ever got back to the super bowl and got…”

Comment

Can I change my opinion?

If the Giants were thinking about taking Rosen I am sure teams on doctors and trainers would have to give him the green light first. I guess I see the problem with spending a first round pick on a guy who could be high risk for injuries like concussions.

Comment

The problem I have is that Rosen is the only guy who, when I watch them play, resembles a top QB pick. His other issues are a big concern tho. The combine is gong to be a big day for him because his personality and his health will be probed perhaps more than anyone else at the combine. Not just his injury history is the problem, he has a history of saying dumb things with a microphone in front of him, and that is something very dangerous in NYC which the Giants have historically avoided.

Darnold to me just has too many issues on tape for my liking. Everything about him is based on potential and picks like that are too boom or bust. We cannot afford a bust pick at #2. The Giants better be sure about him if they go this route cause this would be a risky pick for Gettleman in his 1st draft. But, that is just my opinion on Darnold.

In my opinion, there are 3 "safe" picks at the top of this draft. These guys , barring injury, will play on Sundays and improve their respective teams. They are Barkley, Nelson and Chubb.
                              Last edited by BlueSanta; 02-07-2018, 11:14 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X