Gettlemen and Shurmur - read this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettlemen and Shurmur - read this

I don't care how its done - Giants need to pick up at least two O-Linemen in this draft with first three picks which picks will include Nelson and McGlinchey from Notre Dame. Trade Beckham if you have to to make it work.
    "It's nice to see arrogance humbled" - Wellington Mara

This is Pat Shurmur and I just spoke with DG. We both agree that this approach would be stupid and therefore we are not going to do it.

Good day and go Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      This is Pat Shurmur and I just spoke with DG. We both agree that this approach would be stupid and therefore we are not going to do it.

Good day and go Giants!
      this is John Mara. You're fired.

Good Day and Go Giants

Comment

p.s. Tell DG for me

Comment

that he's fired too

Comment

ďLinemen are literally the unsung heroes of the game. Their situation is analogous to the infantry in warfare. They do the hard, bitter fighting for victory. As the generals reap the headlines in war, the backs reap the headlines in football. Yet in their hearts, the generals and backs know that victory and the accolades came to them through the work of the footsoldiers and linemen.Ē
            -- Gomer Jones (Bud Wilkinson's line coach at Oklahoma)

Comment

Originally posted by pathas View Post
              ďLinemen are literally the unsung heroes of the game. Their situation is analogous to the infantry in warfare. They do the hard, bitter fighting for victory. As the generals reap the headlines in war, the backs reap the headlines in football. Yet in their hearts, the generals and backs know that victory and the accolades came to them through the work of the footsoldiers and linemen.Ē
              -- Gomer Jones (Bud Wilkinson's line coach at Oklahoma)
              Letís not compare a game to the cruel nature of combat. After the game is over they get to go home to their families and friends. Men and women in combat donít always get that luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Letís not compare a game to the cruel nature of combat. After the game is over they get to go home to their families and friends. Men and women in combat donít always get that luxury.
                Yeah, Iím an 8 year Army Vet. Luckily I got out in 3004 right when the war had started and didnt get deployed. My old Platoon Sergeant, SGM Kevin Griffin was killed by a suicide bomber. I trained for war and was prepared to go but didnít. I didnít go to war but experienced loss.

I played and play sports and we all think in analogies and metaphors. In competition it is likely but possibly not apt and definitely not ďPCĒ to use phrases of war and combat in the sphere of sports. Iím abivalent about it. On the one hand, it isnít very similar because death and destruction are involved in combat. This is not true in sports. Some of these guys are 18 years old, still virgins, and legally cannot buy beer yet are laying down their life for their brothers in arms. It is almost infuriating to use these phrases while sitting comfortably far away from combat.

Sports competitons can certainly be violent and brutal and it is hard to make an analogous comparison with the metaphors of war though. It is so engrained in soorts culture that it is almost hard to avoid. Also, everyone is so overly sensitive about semantics, and offending someone it is almost impossible to debate anything without someone getting their feelings hurt or beliefs challenged it is bordering on insanity. As of now, it is hard to avoid and I wonít get so bent out of shape about it. What the solution is, Iím not sure. Itís going to be a long time until the use of war analogies is stricken from sports so we just have to tolerate it I suppose.

Comment

I don't care how its done - Giants need to pick up at least two O-Linemen in this draft with first three picks which picks will include Nelson and McGlinchey from Notre Dame. Trade Beckham if you have to to make it work.
                  +1

You're hired!
                  Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

- do you know what the word "analogous" means"?

Comment

I agree we need two starters from this draft but no way in hell we trade away a top 3 WR. I think when it's said and done, Hernandez and Wynn will be right there with Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by flimflam View Post

Yeah, Iím an 8 year Army Vet. Luckily I got out in 3004 right when the war had started and didnt get deployed. My old Platoon Sergeant, SGM Kevin Griffin was killed by a suicide bomber. I trained for war and was prepared to go but didnít. I didnít go to war but experienced loss.

I played and play sports and we all think in analogies and metaphors. In competition it is likely but possibly not apt and definitely not ďPCĒ to use phrases of war and combat in the sphere of sports. Iím abivalent about it. On the one hand, it isnít very similar because death and destruction are involved in combat. This is not true in sports. Some of these guys are 18 years old, still virgins, and legally cannot buy beer yet are laying down their life for their brothers in arms. It is almost infuriating to use these phrases while sitting comfortably far away from combat.

Sports competitons can certainly be violent and brutal and it is hard to make an analogous comparison with the metaphors of war though. It is so engrained in soorts culture that it is almost hard to avoid. Also, everyone is so overly sensitive about semantics, and offending someone it is almost impossible to debate anything without someone getting their feelings hurt or beliefs challenged it is bordering on insanity. As of now, it is hard to avoid and I wonít get so bent out of shape about it. What the solution is, Iím not sure. Itís going to be a long time until the use of war analogies is stricken from sports so we just have to tolerate it I suppose.
                        Are you from the future?

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Are you from the future?
                          LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

I agree we need two starters from this draft but no way in hell we trade away a top 3 WR. I think when it's said and done, Hernandez and Wynn will be right there with Nelson.
                            losing mentality. wide receivers don't win championships. you see any odell's in the superbowl this year?

Comment

losing mentality. wide receivers don't win championships. you see any odell's in the superbowl this year?
                              Jerry Rice won Super Bowls. Harrison was a top 5 WR in the league when he won a Super Bowl. This idea that WRs don't win championships is just not true.

Comment

Working...
                              X