Gettlemen and Shurmur - read this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

I agree we need two starters from this draft but no way in hell we trade away a top 3 WR. I think when it's said and done, Hernandez and Wynn will be right there with Nelson.
    Agreed, 2nd and 3rd rounders should be OL imo, unless they make a trade down to take Nelson in the first. If we could get Price, Hernandez, or Wynn with our 2nd rd pick I'd be thrilled. Not a shot in hell I'm thinking about trading Beckham

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Jerry Rice won Super Bowls. Harrison was a top 5 WR in the league when he won a Super Bowl. This idea that WRs don't win championships is just not true.
      were they out there by themselves? you could maybe make an argument for Montana, Young, and Peyton Manning - if you were saying xyz player won a championship. But even then I disagree. Put Brady on the Browns. How many SB's does he win? You fall into the same trap that many others fall into who ignore the fact that TEAMS win championships. NOT individuals
      "It's nice to see arrogance humbled" - Wellington Mara

Comment

so let's start thinking about the TEAM. Just because Beckham can catch good doesn't make him indispensable if the TEAM could be improved by trading him. I know - on this MB and everywhere else its "oh how could we ever let Beckham go?? How could we ever win a championship if he wasn't a Giant?" C'mon - get real people.

Comment

no one individual is more important than the team. there's no player who doesn't have a shot in hell he'll get traded. that's the kind of attitude you have to have if you are a GM that wants to win championships.

Comment

Originally posted by pathas View Post

- do you know what the word "analogous" means"?
            Yeah I do thanks.

Comment

no one individual is more important than the team. there's no player who doesn't have a shot in hell he'll get traded. that's the kind of attitude you have to have if you are a GM that wants to win championships.
              I'm sorry but I just don't see the logic in trading away a top 3 WR in football who is 25 yrs old. This is someone who has performed at a historic pace since he's came into the league. One of the few draft picks Reese actually nailed. If Beckham is traded, we no longer have a legitimate #1 WR threat. Shepard is talented but he is a slot guy, not a #1 outside guy.

Comment

so let's start thinking about the TEAM. Just because Beckham can catch good doesn't make him indispensable if the TEAM could be improved by trading him. I know - on this MB and everywhere else its "oh how could we ever let Beckham go?? How could we ever win a championship if he wasn't a Giant?" C'mon - get real people.
                Ok I misunderstood you. You said WRs don't win championships. I've heard this for years, so I thought you were singling out the WR position. I agree no player is more important than the team but it still doesn't make sense to trade away a top 3 player at his position.

Comment

I know - nobody agrees with me. but my opinion is that the offensive line is the path to championships - not that anyone cares about my opinion.

Comment

I know - nobody agrees with me. but my opinion is that the offensive line is the path to championships - not that anyone cares about my opinion.
                    It is very important. The problem is that it's very hard to do. There are very few good O lines in the league for a reason. Most NFL teams are looking to fix their O line problems for a reason.
                    And it's a crap shoot in the draft. The reality is that JR drafted O linemen in RD 1 twice in the last 5 drafts. And drafted the #1 prospect and center in the second round. The real key is coaching up the guys we have along with making additions. That has been our greatest failure.

Oh...and I care.
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I don't care how its done - Giants need to pick up at least two O-Linemen in this draft with first three picks which picks will include Nelson and McGlinchey from Notre Dame. Trade Beckham if you have to to make it work.
                      Well, you're on to something here but not at the expense of our Idiot star receiver. I've been in the Barkley camp for a while but after watching all these playoff games it's so obvious that our Oline is embarrassingly bad. As much as I think Barkley is awesome, here's what I'd like to see happen :
                      what if we can grab Solder in free agency
                      and then take Nelson with our 2nd pick ? Other lineman who can start would be Jones, Fluker and Wheeler. Round 2 take the best RB available. Remaining rounds Oline and linebacking. As far as QB is concerned, we know as much about the four "franchise QBs" of this draft as we do Webb. None of them has played a down yet in a regular season game. I'm not that impressed with any of the four saviors. They just don't jump out significantly better than Webb so we might as well just go with him when he's ready. Now most will say you can't take an Olineman with the 2nd pick. That's true under normal circumstances. But our line is so freakin bad we have to do something out of the norm with this pick.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Letís not compare a game to the cruel nature of combat. After the game is over they get to go home to their families and friends. Men and women in combat donít always get that luxury.
                        I have served since 99 and deployed twice and have to say I am more offended that he compared RBs to Generals. That doesn't even make sense. The Coach is the obvious General comparison, but truth be told they are more like a Major or other field grade officer. The entire comparison of sports to war is old and worn out, I don't let it bother me though.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          I have served since 99 and deployed twice and have to say I am more offended that he compared RBs to Generals. That doesn't even make sense. The Coach is the obvious General comparison, but truth be told they are more like a Major or other field grade officer. The entire comparison of sports to war is old and worn out, I don't let it bother me though.
                          Im also a combat vet and I wasnít offended by the comparison I just donít understand it. One is a sport and the other people die in. I get that the team work, comrodary and discipline required but again one is a sport and the other isnít. I love the game and I loved serving I just donít understand how they became so tightly intertwined.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Im also a combat vet and I wasnít offended by the comparison I just donít understand it. One is a sport and the other people die in. I get that the team work, comrodary and discipline required but again one is a sport and the other isnít. I love the game and I loved serving I just donít understand how they became so tightly intertwined.
                            I think that comparison is made most often by people that never served and thus don't understand the difference. Like you said they see the teamwork, comradery, discipline required in both and make the simple connection without giving it any extra thought. It's like the use of the word warrior. They throw that label on everyone that deals with anything now; but it is a very specific word to describe someone involved in WAR. It's literally in the word lmao. My assumption anyway is that the comparison is made by people that are ignorant.
                            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Are you from the future?
                              robot from teh future

Comment

I was just kidding you on the 3000 year typo. That army is going to kick some *** ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X