Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of movement at the top in the latest CBS Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

    Passing on the chance to draft the QB of the future would NOT be building for the future. Without a QB, I don't care who else we have on the field.
    We will be the Houston Texans....(without Deshawn)
    So if we don't take a QB in this draft , it's a sky is falling situation. It absolutely is not. There are other ways to obtain a QB if the Giants do not chose to pick one in this draft. There is next years or the following years draft. There is brining in a veteran if necessary. Denver went to 2 with Peyton. NO has done good with Brees .


    Edit: I forgot to add this. You know nothing about football and are clueless
    Last edited by TEM; 02-08-2018, 02:19 PM.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

      Passing on the chance to draft the QB of the future would NOT be building for the future. Without a QB, I don't care who else we have on the field.
      We will be the Houston Texans....(without Deshawn)
      but why is e1 obsessed with a high first round QB? why MUST only high first round QBs be able to play football? i personally feel there are very good QBs in this draft that are not projected to go in round 1. if we don't need a day 1 starter, are we really Required to go with a day 1 guy over a developmental guy? we shall see.

      mason rudolph, lamar jackson, kyle lauletta, josh allen, mike white

      at least 3 of those Qbs, & probably 4 of those Qbs will be there at pick 21 i think. take your choice.

      if you think rosen is a concern with injury he is off your board completley
      if you think mayfield is too small or too rowdy or whatever, can't translate to the NFL for whatever reason.
      if darnold is gone...

      then you are getting one of the other guys anyway if you want a QB.

      it all depends how the NYG have them graded & what the browns do at 1.
      Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-08-2018, 02:23 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TEM View Post
        I like this trade but do we have the cap space for Glenn's contract?

        https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...st-round-pick/


        2. Buffalo Bills (from NYG)
        Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. The Bills have the ammo to move up, and packaging their two first-round picks would be enough to get into the top 10. If they throw in left tackle Cordy Glenn and another later pick, would that be enough to get to No. 2? There's obviously a familiarity between the teams' GMs thanks to their Carolina connections. If a trade like this happens, the Bills get a pro-ready franchise quarterback and try to build on last year's playoff run, while the Giants get potentially three starters for the price of one, depending on how they use No. 21 and No. 22.
        I can get on board with this.

        Comment


        • #19
          Man, that's a lot of trade up/downs in this mock draft.

          Personally, I want the Gants to stay at #2.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Man I am against trading with the Bills, but getting Glenn, 2 firsts and their 2nd would be dam near impossible to resist. You get Glenn, take Hernandez and possibly Roquan Smith in the first; take Price or Wynn and the best RB with the two 2nd round picks. That would turn this team around.

            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Get Glenn, sign Norwell and draft Billy Price and Isiah Wynn.

            That would certainly fix the OL.
            That would be awesome, but I don't see how we could possibly afford Glenn and Norwell.


            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Passing on the chance to draft the QB of the future would NOT be building for the future. Without a QB, I don't care who else we have on the field.
            We will be the Houston Texans....(without Deshawn)
            I would agree IF they thought one of these guys was the QB of the future. If they don't think that QB is in the draft then passing on the QBs to build a solid OL is the exact right move for the future and it obviously helps us now as well.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

            "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

              Passing on the chance to draft the QB of the future would NOT be building for the future. Without a QB, I don't care who else we have on the field.
              We will be the Houston Texans....(without Deshawn)
              the problem is mayfield is probably the best QB in this draft when it's all said and done, but do giants like darnold or rosen more, which i think would be a huge mistake. the ideal scenario for me at least would be to trade back a few spots, pick up mayfield and an extra pick at the top of the 2nd round, and whatever other compensation comes with such a trade. with the two 2nd round picks maybe sony michel and will hernandez? i also like this alex cappa kid,,nasty SOB and seems to be capable of playing with the big boys.

              Comment


              • #22


                I would agree IF they thought one of these guys was the QB of the future. If they don't think that QB is in the draft then passing on the QBs to build a solid OL is the exact right move for the future and it obviously helps us now as well.
                [/QUOTE]

                have to trade down for that. cant pick a guard at 2 or reach for an OT.

                Comment


                • #23
                  If a team wants to move from #21 to #2, it's gonna take a lot more than the 22nd pick and a $30M OT with a bad foot.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Barkley is rated the NO.1 player in the draft.
                    Cleveland i believe will tske him. Knowing that he will be gone at NO.4.
                    Q.Nelson is rated the NO.2 player in the draft.
                    I HOPE the Giants will take him at NO. 2.
                    If,th Giants trade down even to NO.6.
                    Nelson probably will be gone.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                      Barkley is rated the NO.1 player in the draft.
                      Cleveland i believe will tske him. Knowing that he will be gone at NO.4.
                      Q.Nelson is rated the NO.2 player in the draft.
                      I HOPE the Giants will take him at NO. 2.
                      If,th Giants trade down even to NO.6.
                      Nelson probably will be gone.
                      not sure about this guy at #2..if the giants sign norwell they may look at another position. there are several comparable talents which can be had later in the draft.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                        Id take this trade in a heart beat but id want them to include one of their 2nd rd picks. If Glenn isn't right healthy wise, id take both their 2nd rd picks. Still I like this trade and would do it

                        As a matter of fact I think Lamar Jackson will fall to 2nd rd. Id pick him up on the early 2nd rd pick
                        Yes. Indeed. It took 4 picks for Philly to move 3 spots from #5 to #2. Two firsts, a second, and a third-not including the 4th Rounder for a 5th.

                        Look at the Philly-Rams trade, again, to move THREE SPOTS!

                        Browns get:
                        No. 8 (traded to TEN, OT Jack Conklin)
                        Third-round pick (traded to CAR, CB Daryl Worley)
                        Fourth-round pick (traded to OAK, QB Connor Cook)
                        First-round pick in '17
                        Second-round pick in '18


                        Eagles get:
                        No. 2 (Wentz)
                        Conditional fifth-round pick in '17 (can become a fourth)


                        For the #2 pick two years later, itís going to
                        cost most. We rarely pick second. Are you comfortable with 37 year old Eli and unknknown Webb? Dallas has Dak, Philly Dak and Washington has Alex Smith whoís no slouch.

                        If we did the trade Cordy Glenn is a start but injurt prone. The 21st and 22nd picks, a second and a fourth rounder at least. There are a lot of teams wanting to move up and its going to cost. Plus, passing on Darnold and Mayfield, and even Barkley isnrisky. Rosen is not the type of clubhouse fuy we want-we are trying to get rid of those types. We need talent, not quantity. If we trade down, itís risky too. To me, Darnold is too talented to pass up. I think Mayfield is going to be a good NFL Qb and if we pass on Darnold, and trade down, we better grab him. It is going to be a crazy draft and offseason.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          Man I am against trading with the Bills, but getting Glenn, 2 firsts and their 2nd would be dam near impossible to resist. You get Glenn, take Hernandez and possibly Roquan Smith in the first; take Price or Wynn and the best RB with the two 2nd round picks. That would turn this team around.


                          That would be awesome, but I don't see how we could possibly afford Glenn and Norwell.



                          I would agree IF they thought one of these guys was the QB of the future. If they don't think that QB is in the draft then passing on the QBs to build a solid OL is the exact right move for the future and it obviously helps us now as well.
                          We've been discussing the Bills trading up and including LT need Cordy Glenn for a while...makes sense, and why I brought it up a long time ago. I would prefer they add in next years one vs this years 2, but other then that, we get our starting left tackle, mammoth dancing bear who is a top ten PFF tackle, and we set into Hernandez, Price and Wynn position...hell, a linebacker might drop as well. That trade happens and Norwell might not enter our critical terrain. I believe Glenn is due around 10 million the next three years, although have not checked that contract in a while.IMHO, better tackle then Solder, and at I believe will be less the cost of a Solder, who has his own share of injuries, and sub par play.

                          I'm a Nelson groupie, but Glenn, Hernandez and Wynn/Price sounds even sweeter...plus hopefully a 1 next year...if they want that QB, we hold the cards for a team so far back.
                          Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by flimflam View Post

                            Yes. Indeed. It took 4 picks for Philly to move 3 spots from #5 to #2. Two firsts, a second, and a third-not including the 4th Rounder for a 5th.

                            Look at the Philly-Rams trade, again, to move THREE SPOTS!

                            Browns get:
                            No. 8 (traded to TEN, OT Jack Conklin)
                            Third-round pick (traded to CAR, CB Daryl Worley)
                            Fourth-round pick (traded to OAK, QB Connor Cook)
                            First-round pick in '17
                            Second-round pick in '18


                            Eagles get:
                            No. 2 (Wentz)
                            Conditional fifth-round pick in '17 (can become a fourth)


                            For the #2 pick two years later, itís going to
                            cost most. We rarely pick second. Are you comfortable with 37 year old Eli and unknknown Webb? Dallas has Dak, Philly Dak and Washington has Alex Smith whoís no slouch.

                            If we did the trade Cordy Glenn is a start but injurt prone. The 21st and 22nd picks, a second and a fourth rounder at least. There are a lot of teams wanting to move up and its going to cost. Plus, passing on Darnold and Mayfield, and even Barkley isnrisky. Rosen is not the type of clubhouse fuy we want-we are trying to get rid of those types. We need talent, not quantity. If we trade down, itís risky too. To me, Darnold is too talented to pass up. I think Mayfield is going to be a good NFL Qb and if we pass on Darnold, and trade down, we better grab him. It is going to be a crazy draft and offseason.
                            The risk is minimized with a trade down .In this scenario A LT and 2 Firsts . The LT is an established player. There is a better chance of hitting a home run with 2 first round pick then there is with one.
                            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Personally, I think if the Giants feel one of the QB's will be a franchise guy, they need to pick him. If they really have conviction on a QB at #2, they cannot pass it up, comes around way to rarely. If they are not confident with any of them, this is not a bad trade down scenario, although I would prefer to not move quite that far down.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                And this from a Buffalo Bills' observer: https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...-buffalo-bills
                                Or he may be another Geoff Schwartz.
                                Last edited by KATKAVAGE75; 02-09-2018, 09:44 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X