A lot of movement at the top in the latest CBS Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

the problem is mayfield is probably the best QB in this draft when it's all said and done, but do giants like darnold or rosen more, which i think would be a huge mistake. the ideal scenario for me at least would be to trade back a few spots, pick up mayfield and an extra pick at the top of the 2nd round, and whatever other compensation comes with such a trade. with the two 2nd round picks maybe sony michel and will hernandez? i also like this alex cappa kid,,nasty SOB and seems to be capable of playing with the big boys.
    I also think Mayfield is the best QB in this draft. My view is that if they think so too...they need to pick him at #2. If Cleveland doesn't pick him first.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Donít like the trade. Too far back.
      Yeah...I just want top trade back as far as top 10...get an additional 2nd rounder to rebuild the OL
      Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I also think Mayfield is the best QB in this draft. My view is that if they think so too...they need to pick him at #2. If Cleveland doesn't pick him first.
        I think Mayfield might be more ready than Darnold but Darnold has a higher ceiling. I hope we pick either Darnold or Mayfield at #2, and donít care if either is considered a ďreach.Ē If one of them is who we believe is our QB, we take him.

Darnold has all the ohysical traits, accuracy and touch and good intangibles. Mayfield might be short for a QB, but his arm is underrated, heís athletic and he has great intensity and leadership qualities that weíre looking for. Darnold might end up putting up better numbers but Mayfield might lead and elevate his team to more playoffs/Super Bowls. Iím fine with either one and if weíre not taking either, we need to take Barkley and stay away from the other QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by flimflam View Post

I think Mayfield might be more ready than Darnold but Darnold has a higher ceiling. I hope we pick either Darnold or Mayfield at #2, and donít care if either is considered a ďreach.Ē If one of them is who we believe is our QB, we take him.

Darnold has all the ohysical traits, accuracy and touch and good intangibles. Mayfield might be short for a QB, but his arm is underrated, heís athletic and he has great intensity and leadership qualities that weíre looking for. Darnold might end up putting up better numbers but Mayfield might lead and elevate his team to more playoffs/Super Bowls. Iím fine with either one and if weíre not taking either, we need to take Barkley and stay away from the other QBs.
          Personally I think Mayfiled is the best QB in the draft and reminds me of Drew Brees. To me...that's a pretty high ceiling.
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Scenario.

Giants sign Norwell

Draft:

Cleveland takes Saquon Barkley #1. Giants like the idea of continuing to develop Davis Webb over drafting one of the QBs. Giants really wanted Barkley. Phone rings. Itís the Jets. They love Sam Darnold. They know the Broncos and Browns like Darnold too. They offer their 1st, 2nd, and a 2019 1st for the #2 pick and 2019 3rd. You take it.

1. Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame

2. Derrius Guice RB LSU

2b. Jamarco Jones LT Ohio St.

3. Darius Leonard LB SC State

4. Christian Campbell CB Penn St.

5. Allen Lazard WR Iowa st.

6. Poona Ford NT Texas

Comment

I would trade out for those 2 Bills Picks and Cordy Glenn ABSOLUTELY! I don't know about taking 2 more Lineman after doing so though

Comment

Thatís fun.

i do expect the Giants to make some kind of significant move to get a Left Tackle. FA, trade...something.

It is the teams biggest problem right now and I think they know they canít put Eli or a new rookie behind Flowers again. It wonít matter who else is on the OL if Flowers is out there again. An OL is as good as its weakest link and Flowers will reduce the group down to his level. He must be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

The risk is minimized with a trade down .In this scenario A LT and 2 Firsts . The LT is an established player. There is a better chance of hitting a home run with 2 first round pick then there is with one.
                  Glenn is injury prone, we have enough of that the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Glenn is injury prone, we have enough of that the past few years.
                    He is not. He decided to skip the surgery after 16 and Rehab the problem. It did not help. The same problem hampered his ability in 17. He got the surgery and it was successful.
                    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                      If we moved back to select Orlando Brown I'd want to throw a remote at the screen. He reminds me so much of Ereck Flowers that we would pretty much be adding another Ereck Flowers to our team. He has the same flaws as him. Ereck Flowers was a better prospect than Orlando Brown.

I like the creativity of the mock draft though. First mock draft from a major publication that actually takes trades into consideration AND has the value of the trade correct. They did their homework at least.
                      What reminds you of Flowers, other than browns size?

Brown is a better pass protector than run blocker, opposite of flowers
                      Brown has decent footwork, flowers was a mess when drafted
                      Both are big, strong, and could use more technique work, but thats it

I feel like most people that compare Flowers to Brown just looked at size and assumed theyre similar
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

but why is e1 obsessed with a high first round QB? why MUST only high first round QBs be able to play football? i personally feel there are very good QBs in this draft that are not projected to go in round 1. if we don't need a day 1 starter, are we really Required to go with a day 1 guy over a developmental guy? we shall see.

mason rudolph, lamar jackson, kyle lauletta, josh allen, mike white

at least 3 of those Qbs, & probably 4 of those Qbs will be there at pick 21 i think. take your choice.

if you think rosen is a concern with injury he is off your board completley
                        if you think mayfield is too small or too rowdy or whatever, can't translate to the NFL for whatever reason.
                        if darnold is gone...

then you are getting one of the other guys anyway if you want a QB.

it all depends how the NYG have them graded & what the browns do at 1.
                        The more time goes on, the less i want a qb in the 1st. Highest i want a qb is the 2nd with Jackson, who if he can't put it together as a starting qb, we can teach him to catch the ball LOL. Dude has ridiculous athletic ability

Allen also intrigues me a slight bit, but thats really it. IMO Webb is a better prospect than Rudolph, Lauletta, and White
                        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                          I like this trade but do we have the cap space for Glenn's contract?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...st-round-pick/

2. Buffalo Bills (from NYG)
                          Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. The Bills have the ammo to move up, and packaging their two first-round picks would be enough to get into the top 10. If they throw in left tackle Cordy Glenn and another later pick, would that be enough to get to No. 2? There's obviously a familiarity between the teams' GMs thanks to their Carolina connections. If a trade like this happens, the Bills get a pro-ready franchise quarterback and try to build on last year's playoff run, while the Giants get potentially three starters for the price of one, depending on how they use No. 21 and No. 22.
                          Iím a fan of the trade though itís probably unlikely. Glenn is a better fix at LT than anyone in the draft and free agency and the 21st and 22nd pick puts us in position to bring in two solid guys at OT, OG, C, RB, EDGE, LB, or even DB. And then weíd probably get a little bit more in addition to Glenn and the 2 1sts, which couldnít hurt.

Unless Gettleman and Shurmur find a QB that they live, adding a solid left tackle and 2 1sts is better both now and in the future than taking Barkley, Nelson, or anyone else at #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post

Iím a fan of the trade though itís probably unlikely. Glenn is a better fix at LT than anyone in the draft and free agency and the 21st and 22nd pick puts us in position to bring in two solid guys at OT, OG, C, RB, EDGE, LB, or even DB. And then weíd probably get a little bit more in addition to Glenn and the 2 1sts, which couldnít hurt.

Unless Gettleman and Shurmur find a QB that they live, adding a solid left tackle and 2 1sts is better both now and in the future than taking Barkley, Nelson, or anyone else at #2.
                            Well said.
                            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Passing on the chance to draft the QB of the future would NOT be building for the future. Without a QB, I don't care who else we have on the field.
                              We will be the Houston Texans....(without Deshawn)
                              If Gettleman isnít in love with any of the QBs, taking one at 2 is a bad strategy. Eli is still atleast decent and Webb is an unknown but obviously has some potential. We probably wonít get another 2nd overall pick anytime soon, but you donít need the 1st or 2nd overall pick to find a QB. In recent years, Watson went #12, Mahomes went #10, Prescott was a 4th rounder, Carr was a 2nd rounder, and Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Just like any position, youíre more likely to hit on a QB with the 2nd overall pick than a mid-1st or mid-round pick, but I think you certainly can be patient and find one outside of the top 2 picks.

For all we know, Gettlemanís favorite QB could be the 4th or 5th guy on most boards and be available at 21 or 22.

If the QB isnít there, we should take the solid LT and the 2 picks, make this team better now and in the future, wait it out and maybe see if we have anything in Webb, and if we donít like what we see, we can do what Houston & Kansas City did in identifying the guy and trading up or maybe we get ďluckyĒ like Seattle or Dallas and find our QB of the future in the mid rounds.

Comment

The Giants are doing QB at 2, I would be shocked if I heard trade, or Quenton Nelson (my BPA and need), Barkley or Chubb - and Mayfield is to me the best one as well.

I have no problems with the Giants drafting a QB, other then Rosen. Personally, I am shocked he is mocked to us in so many drafts....I feel he will drop a bit.

However, that said....IF the Giants shock us, and for whatever reason that has been discussed here a million times, keep Eli and Webb and don't do QB, this is a possible scenario.

Some feel this is too far back, and that's a valid argument especially if you are wanting Quenton Nelson. I feel however, this is around the Giants "need" area, where the guards and tackles who might be considered right side, linebackers and running backs beyond Barkley begin to be a viable draft option. Right at 15-32 is when those plug and play interior linemen and linebackers begin to appear. Due to I believe 5 QB's, a few defensive backs, a running back will be top 10, I can see some some serious sliding into Bill picks zone.

Our needs...that will then match BPA.

Bills will also need more then Cordy Glenn to sweeten the deal....he's a rumored quick dump of salary, let alone trade bait. Actually, from what I read, the Glenn situation has to happen well before draft night to make cap sense to the Bills...believe when the NFL season opens in March. Hell, we might trade for him without the draft being involved.
                                Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Working...
                                X