Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest NFL mock draft 2018: Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen to Giants? Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield falling? Saquon Barkley rising?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest NFL mock draft 2018: Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen to Giants? Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield falling? Saquon Barkley rising?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Quarterback fever is set to to strike April 26.

When the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft gets underway, the focus will be on which teams land UCLA's Josh Rosen, USC's Sam Darnold, Wyoming's Josh Allen and Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield.

One year ago, the Bears, Chiefs and Texans all made major trades in the first round to move up and get quarterbacks Mitchell Trubisky, Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson, respectively.

But will any of the quarterback-needy teams at the top this year — such as the Browns, Jets, Broncos and maybe Giants — be willing to trade down and allow another team to make a jump? Being bold can pay off, as the Eagles' showed with Carson Wentz.

If teams are unsure of the quarterbacks, there are other potential franchise-changers available on both sides of the ball, like running back Saquon Barkley and defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick.

What really makes this draft interesting from a quarterback standpoint is how many of the teams in the top 15 already have their passer of the future in the fold, especially after free agent Kirk Cousins signs.

Falling outside the top six picks could set up a long wait for one of the four premium quarterbacks ... and that's exactly what happens in this latest mock draft from NJ Advance Media.

Who do the Giants pick? Who do the Jets pick? Where can the Eagles improve? It's all right here:" Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I was very impressed with Rosen when he played USC, but the injuries and apparent lack of leadership skills scare the crap out of me. I'd love it if Darnold fell. He's the best of the bunch in my opinion.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Barkley's the guy if the Browns don't take him.
      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
        Barkley's the guy if the Browns don't take him.
        I'd be fine with that

Rd 1
        Garrett Bolles - OT
        David Njoku - TE
        Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Rosen took snaps under center. That matters
          Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

I'd be fine with that
            Eli will be here maybe more then 2 years. Why not get an Impact player with the second pick rather then a QB that will sit maybe 2 or more years. As bad as our OL is, I wouldn't waste a 2nd overall pick on one.
            Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

The concussions scare me with Rosen. He'd have to go through a series of neurological exams with the most up-to date testing available, were I in charge... I think he's excellent skillwise, and am not too worried about the leadership/character stuff.

Comment

Eli will be here maybe more then 2 years. Why not get an Impact player with the second pick rather then a QB that will sit maybe 2 or more years. As bad as our OL is, I wouldn't waste a 2nd overall pick on one.
                No QB who we take with the second pick will sit for two years. Probably won't even sit for a full year.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                  The concussions scare me with Rosen. He'd have to go through a series of neurological exams with the most up-to date testing available, were I in charge... I think he's excellent skillwise, and am not too worried about the leadership/character stuff.
                  I am very worried about the leadership/character behavior. Todd McVay has a red flag on Rosen doesn't listen to authority/teammates don't like him. I fear he could be another Ryan Leaf.

IMO if we don't trade back take whoever the Browns leave for us Darnold or Barkley. I would offer the opinion of staying away from Rosen.

Comment

Not a Rosen fan at all, my biggest concern is the injuries and honestly they scsre me off completely.

Im not 100% sold on ANYONE at 2nd overall. Id be ok with Darnold, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, or Chubb, but i would ideally trade down
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I am confident Mara wants a future QB.
                      We will be taking Rosen.
                      So, question is who will the Giants pick in the second round.
                      K.Miller
                      W. Hernandez
                      I. Wynn
                      T. Crosby
                      F. Ragnow
                      Daniels

Comment

If we take a qb at 2 I prefer Josh Allen. IMO he has the most upside and since we are rolling with Eli this year I think he will benefit the most. Give the HC and his staff a year to work with him.

Comment

I've been posting about Barkley since the 2016-2017 season, so I'm all in for us drafting him. I never thought we'd be in position to draft him. I also didn't think we'd be in position to potentially bridge the gap between Eli and the next franchise QB. So, no matter which way we go, I'll be happy.

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

No QB in this draft is worth the #2 pick.

The Giants need to consider trading down to acquire additional picks or take an instant starter. We cannot afford to use this pick on a QB that has an injury history (Rosen) or on one that will need a couple years of seasoning (Darnold).

I'm fine with the Giants considering a few players for this pick, just none of the QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by PA-NYG View Post
                              No QB in this draft is worth the #2 pick.

The Giants need to consider trading down to acquire additional picks or take an instant starter. We cannot afford to use this pick on a QB that has an injury history (Rosen) or on one that will need a couple years of seasoning (Darnold).

I'm fine with the Giants considering a few players for this pick, just none of the QBs.
                              The more I watch Darnold, the more I'm disagreeing with the naysayers. He had turnovers, but he's young playing behind a very suspect OL against real competition. He seemed to press a bit, which caused some turnovers, but there was still a ton of positive to take away from his game. I think he'd be great with a year, maybe two, behind Eli.

Rd 1
                              Garrett Bolles - OT
                              David Njoku - TE
                              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Working...
                              X